What is cheating?

[Request] SC2 debugger

Post by Aliagor »

Game Name: Starcraft 2
Game Engine: Galaxy Engine
Game Version: v5.0.10.88500
Options Required: Way to debug game without crashes
Other Info:

Lately, I've been working on the cheat for SC2. I'm using DBVM debugger and Lua script in CE with debug_setBreakpoint() to grab an address from the register for unit and player base address structures. I'm processing and editing them later with C++ with no problems. My main issue is that the DBVM debugger is working great but the game crashes after 4-6 minutes from activating DBVM. Other debug methods in CE and ScyllaHide do not work.

Can someone tell me if there is a way to prevent crashes from happening? Once I had my software run for 5 hours straight without a crash, but I can't reproduce it anymore. Nothing has been changed by me so maybe it was just luck?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core
System: Windows 10 Home

HighVoltage
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: [Request] SC2 debugger

Post by HighVoltage »

StarCraft II detects Cheat Engine's kernelmode driver (i.e., DBK) in a very naive fashion; the Game only catches Cheat Engine's driver by its servicename, CEDRIVER60, with periodical checks (every ~5 mins.) and then crashes its own process if it is found. If you want to bypass this manually, you need to rename cheat engine's DBK's servicename from CEDRIVER60 to something else; you can accomplish this by creating a text file named driver64.dat in Cheat Engine's folder and writing something similar to the template below:
([Link])

Code: Select all

HVSOMETHING
PList123
TList567
dbk64.sys
fedcba98
Note: DBVM alone is not detected and does not require any re-compilations or modifications; one could also load the "default" DBK to initialize DBVM and then unload DBK (since DBVM does not depend on DBK after it has been initialized) to the same end.