doow40
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

[Request] Slice & Dice

Post by doow40 »

Game Name: Slice & Dice
Game Engine: Java Based
Game Version: dice-beta-202-win.zip or dice-beta-202-android.apk
Options Required: Infinite Mana, Infinite Health, Infinite Rerolls, Unlock Achievements
Other Info: Infinite Mana is the most important option. Other options can be skipped if too difficult. My cheat engine crashes when I try to use javaInjectAgent().

doow40
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: [Request] Slice & Dice

Post by doow40 »

Game has now updated to release version 2.0 and the beta versions are now not downloadable.

Pegglio
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Pegglio »

I just want infinite mana. Anyone know how to get this to work?

Condemned13
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Condemned13 »

I found these:
CheatEngine can find the dice roll, but it resets on new turn, Cantrips, or randomly. This makes me think each new turn gets allocated a new variable, so pointer scan won't work. This will be a labor intensive approach.

Here's the easy way: the game is Java. Using a decompiler like this: [Link], you can find the source code. I can see where the difficulty scaling, dice roll logic is so I'm sure mana is somewhere in there.

However, I'm too busy with work and life to read all of it. So if you can read the code, then figure out how to recompile java source to the jar file, that'll be a neat hack.

Good luck and please share your findings. :)

Condemned13
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Condemned13 »

So I managed to decompile the PC version and edited the hex value for spell. For some reason the exe file doesn't read back the recompiled jar file.
I don't think I can overcome this, so if someone can figure it out, it'll be great.

Here's the step:
1. Decompile the files (jar, dex, apk) - apktool for apk. Jar file is basically a zip file, so 7zip. Bytecode viewer, jadx to read the source code.
2. Go to EntSides.class or EntSides.smali if it's Android. This is the dice sides. You can edit the damage/heal/shield/energy amount here. You need to read the Java bytecode/Dalvik bytecode to change the value. Luckily, it's a constant, not a passed in parameter.
3. Recompile. apktool can recompile, for java, you need Recaf: [Link]
4. If you're on Android, you must create a self-signed certificate with keytool, sign with jarsign, then zipalign (it comes with Android SDK).
5. I'm stuck here. On PC, the exe doesn't recognize the new jar file. I'm guessing it's looking for a hash value. On Android, it managed to install, but crashes.

teknova
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by teknova »

I was able to edit the bytecode to change the difficulty parameters.

I simply changed the blessing/curse values from -10/-20 to 20/40 and overwrote the class.
Then I used 7zip to compress it and renamed it to jar
The only thing of note is that you have to zip the file contents (i.e. select all every file and folder for the zip/jar) and not create a zip of a single top level folder

I did not look into other methods, I found this to be sufficient for my wants. Not sure about anything for android, or CE cheating though.

jimbo-2
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by jimbo-2 »

teknova wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:44 am
I was able to edit the bytecode to change the difficulty parameters.

I simply changed the blessing/curse values from -10/-20 to 20/40 and overwrote the class.
Then I used 7zip to compress it and renamed it to jar
The only thing of note is that you have to zip the file contents (i.e. select all every file and folder for the zip/jar) and not create a zip of a single top level folder
Hi teknova, could you explain how you did it more in details? I would like to try this too but it's my first time doing something like this.