Noobzor
Noobzor

Re: [Request] Symphony of War: The Nephilim Saga

Post by astro0323 »

Deed wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:29 pm
astro0323 wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:25 pm
After following your steps, I managed to edit the raw file using [Link]. However, I'm unable to load the save file. Do I need to gzip it again and convert back into rvdata2. I tried doing that with 7zip but it just ends up being a .gz file.
Did it give you anything useful beyond just a few unknown variables?
There's an editable gold variable, and 5 other editable fields which I've circled in red below. Don't know what they do though.

astro0323
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by astro0323 »

Tadeoka wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:36 pm
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I can find gold by doing <value> x2 +1 under a 4byte search, and by exact value as a binary search. The problem is if I try to change the value under the 4byte search, the game crashes. When I change the value under binary, gold changes to a random value (I.E. changing gold to 9999 in CE changes gold to 1807 in-game no matter what value it's at). I'm not a programmer and have basic knowledge of CE. If someone can explain to me in the simplest of terms how to change gold correctly, I would greatly appreciate it.
Is the gold value you're trying to change to following the same format? For example, you start with 1000g and you scan for 1000x2+1=2001. Then you want to increase this value to 2000g, so you should edit the 2001 value to 4001. I think it crashes if you edit to a value that doesn't follow the <value> x2 +1 formula. Hope this helps?

Tadeoka
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Tadeoka »

astro0323 wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:42 pm
Tadeoka wrote:
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I can find gold by doing <value> x2 +1 under a 4byte search, and by exact value as a binary search. The problem is if I try to change the value under the 4byte search, the game crashes. When I change the value under binary, gold changes to a random value (I.E. changing gold to 9999 in CE changes gold to 1807 in-game no matter what value it's at). I'm not a programmer and have basic knowledge of CE. If someone can explain to me in the simplest of terms how to change gold correctly, I would greatly appreciate it.
Is the gold value you're trying to change to following the same format? For example, you start with 1000g and you scan for 1000x2+1=2001. Then you want to increase this value to 2000g, so you should edit the 2001 value to 4001. I think it crashes if you edit to a value that doesn't follow the <value> x2 +1 formula. Hope this helps?
I feel like a complete idiot. I wasn't adding the 1 at the very end of the value.

astro0323
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by astro0323 »

rinnioveraci wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:30 pm
Deed wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:25 pm
Excellent tip! Indeed the gzip does the trick, though no editor seems to be able to read anything useful from the file.
You need to use this: [Link]

Coupled with extracting some of the rvdata2 from the Game.rgss3a file in the game directory with the help of this tool: [Link] (items.rvdata2, weapons.rvdata2, etc ...)

It's a bit more effort from there to actually understand how they store the data (based on using hex editor to see how the save editor changed what value and then finding out the real value in there), I'm still fiddling around.

Yes you need to remove the extension, gzip it back, and change the .gz extension to rvdata2

It's best if you just use hexeditor to find for the values. Do two identical save. change value you want to change in one. then look at the difference between the two saves.
I followed your prompts and managed to gzip it back, and changed the .gz extension to rvdata2. But the game still won't allow me to load the save. It could be because of the modified save...will need to do some trial and error haha.

Unfortunately I have very rudimentary CE skills. Using a hex editor is probably out of my league xD

Deed
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Deed »

rinnioveraci wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:30 pm
You need to use this: [Link]

Coupled with extracting some of the rvdata2 from the Game.rgss3a file in the game directory with the help of this tool: [Link] (items.rvdata2, weapons.rvdata2, etc ...)

It's a bit more effort from there to actually understand how they store the data (based on using hex editor to see how the save editor changed what value and then finding out the real value in there), I'm still fiddling around.

Yes you need to remove the extension, gzip it back, and change the .gz extension to rvdata2

It's best if you just use hexeditor to find for the values. Do two identical save. change value you want to change in one. then look at the difference between the two saves.
Forgive me if I'm being daft but how do I couple/load the extracted items.rvdata2, weapons.rvdata2, armors.rvdata2 with the RpgMakerSaveEdit_0.6.10?
EDIT1: Okay, think I got this! Had to put it folder Data/items.rvdata2 in same location as the save file. Let me see if I can get anything out of it.

EDIT2: Nope, the gziped back is 221 KB, while EVERY single other save is 222 KB. I can see it in the Load selection but nothing happens when I click it. =/

CopMuaDong
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by CopMuaDong »

Formulas that work, though not all apply [... you scan for 1000x2+1=2001 ...]

Deed
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Deed »

CopMuaDong wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:14 pm
Formulas that work, though not all apply [... you scan for 1000x2+1=2001 ...]
Yea, works only on gold and non-consumable resources (scrolls, items, medallions do not work).

wiseblue1989
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by wiseblue1989 »

Tadeoka wrote:
The value you have to change should follow the syntax x2+1, such as if 99999999(should be more than enough to buy everything), the value you should set is 99999999*2+1 ~~~ 199999999
same with others

Sword X
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Sword X »

Guys, can you make a script for infinite turns?

aanpsx
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by aanpsx »

Attachments
SymphonyOfWar.ct
v1.0
(32.53 KiB) Downloaded 4113 times
Last edited by aanpsx on Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Supreme23
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Supreme23 »

Anyone any luck with changing tech tree points?

toydefenser
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by toydefenser »

can you up ?
Infinite Health
Infinite Morale
Infinite Items
Infinite Resources
Easy Kills
Infinite XP
Infinite CP

nos4r2
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by nos4r2 »

Look like the game is tough nut i'm waiting to see if ch will come up with anything like tech and resource stuff

I try to use cheat plugin for rpgmaker vx ace but no luck for this game even manage to run the game while plugin installed but can't open any cheat menu at all

wiseblue1989
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by wiseblue1989 »

nos4r2 wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:40 am
Look like the game is tough nut i'm waiting to see if ch will come up with anything like tech and resource stuff

I try to use cheat plugin for rpgmaker vx ace but no luck for this game even manage to run the game while plugin installed but can't open any cheat menu at all
resources are easy to find, the max stat to get to next tier and the tech are 2 things which i care

MegaMark
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by MegaMark »

Kay wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:59 am
nos4r2 wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:37 am
I think you can use this to add rpgm game value type so you can search directly for rpgm game no need to do calculation anymore

i want to give credit but i just can't remember who post it but i'm pretty sure i got it from this forum one of the mod? or admin post it here ( add mine age ago so can't really remember ) i edit mine and copy all of the code and repost here
A quick google search will show that this code is likely from Dark Byte himself (the maker of Cheat Engine). In the same post on the original CE forum, you can also find the instructions on how to add the type in, as someone posted above
oh yeah, i remembered that! his avator was blue pony. lol He also instructed how to use x*2+1 method as well.
no luck, can't find pointer.