[Request] Symphony of War: The Nephilim Saga

Post by Lord Blade »

Looking for:

Infinite Health for Troops
Infinite Resource (gold, iron, etc)
Quick XP and CP
Max Loyalty
Max Morale

Target Turns always 1 (missions track how many turns you take to win, so if you can lock that at 1, you'll always succeed with that challenge)

If possible "Always Move". Most units automatically end turn after attacking. But Cavalry get to move after an attack. If you could make all units able to move at any time, that would be awesome.

Also, being able to edit unit stats would be great if there's a way to do that.

absorbbone
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Re: [Request] Symphony of War: The Nephilim Saga

Post by absorbbone »

+1

shuiko
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by shuiko »

+1 as well

Lord Blade
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Lord Blade »

I have been trying to find ANY values, but haven't had any luck. Even finding something as simple as money doesn't seem to work. I'm guessing the game uses one of those weird encoded languages or something that makes simple scans not work.

Like if I scan for money, using ALL (with a starting value of 4341, which is how much gold I have after the first mission), I get like 7-12 hits. But if I change the value, none of the ones found changes. I've tried doing variations (like searching for 434100 because some games have hidden extra digits) but no luck with anything I tried. Including doing the "unknown value" searches.

astro0323
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by astro0323 »

Lord Blade wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:46 am
I have been trying to find ANY values, but haven't had any luck. Even finding something as simple as money doesn't seem to work. I'm guessing the game uses one of those weird encoded languages or something that makes simple scans not work.

Like if I scan for money, using ALL (with a starting value of 4341, which is how much gold I have after the first mission), I get like 7-12 hits. But if I change the value, none of the ones found changes. I've tried doing variations (like searching for 434100 because some games have hidden extra digits) but no luck with anything I tried. Including doing the "unknown value" searches.
Money is 4bytes but you have to search for <value on screen> X 2 + 1. For example if the gold value on screen is 1000, the starting value to search for is 1000 X 2 + 1 = 2001.

Kay
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Kay »

this is a RPG Maker VX Ace game, so you have to use the formula mentioned by astro to find stuff (that's how they work). You can just put the whole formula on to the value input i.e. say you want to search for 1000 gold in game, just put [1000*2+1] on the value and cheat engine will auto convert that to 2001.

The main problem im having is trying to change anything other than gold. Other resources like iron bars just wont show up no matter how i go about them.

Lord Blade
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Lord Blade »

astro0323 wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:49 am
Money is 4bytes but you have to search for <value on screen> X 2 + 1. For example if the gold value on screen is 1000, the starting value to search for is 1000 X 2 + 1 = 2001.
Ahh, I see. I figured it might be something like that. I was trying all sorts of things. I've had games that needed extra 0's, some that were x8, or other odd thing. I don't get why they make it so complicated. lol

astro0323
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by astro0323 »

Kay wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:54 am
this is a RPG Maker VX Ace game, so you have to use the formula mentioned by astro to find stuff (that's how they work). You can just put the whole formula on to the value input i.e. say you want to search for 1000 gold in game, just put [1000*2+1] on the value and cheat engine will auto convert that to 2001.

The main problem im having is trying to change anything other than gold. Other resources like iron bars just wont show up no matter how i go about them.
Yeah I'm struggling with other resource values too :cry:

absorbbone
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by absorbbone »

Kay wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:54 am

That's interesting. Any one knows why do they store values in these formulas (is it for better performance or its the game engine?). I'm a starting data engineer so I'm not familiar with game development and i cant imagine why game values are obfuscated

Deed
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Deed »

astro0323 wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:49 am
Lord Blade wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:46 am

Does not seem to work for CP (class points)... also, while I found the attributes (STR for example), changing the one found value does not reflect ingame. :(

Any ideas?

Kay
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Kay »

absorbbone wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:43 am
That's interesting. Any one knows why do they store values in these formulas (is it for better performance or its the game engine?). I'm a starting data engineer so I'm not familiar with game development and i cant imagine why game values are obfuscated
The values being stored the way they do is something rpg maker does, that one isnt really on the dev. The way they implement the resource values however is definitely something im puzzling about. I'm guessing it has something to do with the way the resource system works. Apparently you dont really "lose" resources as you gain stuff but merely "use" them on something i.e. if you stop using certain resources on an unit (like say demote them) then said resource will be return to you.

At this point I think save editing or modding might be a more viable way to tweak this game.

Memiomy
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Memiomy »

+2

Ferril
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Ferril »

Kay wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:09 pm
absorbbone wrote:
The values being stored the way they do is something rpg maker does, that one isnt really on the dev. The way they implement the resource values however is definitely something im puzzling about. I'm guessing it has something to do with the way the resource system works. Apparently you dont really "lose" resources as you gain stuff but merely "use" them on something i.e. if you stop using certain resources on an unit (like say demote them) then said resource will be return to you.

At this point I think save editing or modding might be a more viable way to tweak this game.
I tried just about every save editor I could find that is supposed to work with rvdata2 files for the saves and couldn't get any of 'em to work... So, If ya find one that actually works right shoot us a link!

Also for anyone curious, saves are in Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\Nephilim, at least for me.

absorbbone
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by absorbbone »

Apart from gold, can confirm gems, horse, iron works with the 2x+1 4 bytes search. Doesn't work on tech.

Edit: 99 gems, horse, iron (199 in 4 bytes value) seems to be the max. You can set it to 500 gems but once you demote an apprentice (to receive 1 gem back) it goes back to 99.

If you only have a few of a certain resource, you can promote and demote a troop for that resource to +-1 and keep doing the 2x+1 search you'd be able to find the address. For example, I had 2 horse, so i first searched 5, promoted a unit to some horse unit then searched 3, then demoted it and searched 5 (so on and so forth)

absorbbone
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by absorbbone »

Kay wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:09 pm
absorbbone wrote:

I see. Got the 2x+1 4 bytes search to work for non-gold resources except tech tree. One interesting thing i saw is if you hover over your different saves when trying to load a game all the resources change value except the tech tree scrolls. I'm suspecting the display value to be a derivative of your current faction level and thus searching for it does nothing