Zoe Laroux
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Vampire Survivors

Post by Zoe Laroux »

Game Name: Vampire Survivors
Game Engine: Uncertain
Game Version: 0.2.4
Options Required: Gold editor, minimum health, low/no cooldowns, aoe size increases
Steam Website:
Other Info:
Its a little strangely addictive roguelite for three bucks
I cant seem to find what the game is storing even just the gold at. Couldnt even find what file the game is storing saved data in AppData\Roaming\Vampire_Survivors

GDMT
Cheater
Cheater

Re: Vampire Survivors

Post by GDMT »

+ on this request too please. Tried using cheat engine and cant find values =\

jrsm
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by jrsm »

I didn't have any luck with cheatengine, but since this is an electron game, I can tell you that it does store some values in leveldb that can be modified.

On Windows, if you look in %AppData%\Roaming\Vampire_Survivors\Local Storage\leveldb, that's where a lot of persistent state is kept. I was looking for a way to modify coins, so I used python to browse around, and it was relatively easy to modify:

Code: Select all

import leveldb

db = leveldb.LevelDB('<path to leveldb folder')
db.Put(b'_file://\x00\x01CapacitorStorage.Coins', b'\x0199999')
This file also keeps tracks of unlocks, kill counts, achievements, etc. There's also an interesting key here named "CapacitorStorage.CheatCodeUsed'" with a boolean value, so there are probably cheats of some kind in the game.

There's another leveldb directory at %AppData%\Roaming\Vampire_Survivors\Session Storage, but it looks like it only tracks a version number.

Alucard0Reborn
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Alucard0Reborn »

I tried to edit it manually and it reset everything. How do you edit it with Python?

GDMT
Cheater
Cheater

Post by GDMT »

I tried looking at that location and is there a specific file i should look at? Tried opening it with notepad and it was a mess lol. Would be nice to see a tut on this please

jrsm
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by jrsm »

You can't edit leveldb files in notepad or other text editors. If you're not comfortable with python, there are a couple of graphical leveldb editors out there you might have better luck with. I can't recommend any since I don't use them myself, it's much easier to just do a small amount of scripting.

newbee107
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by newbee107 »

Can anyone help with hacking this game?
I've tried everything that I can
Search for unknown value (changed/unchanged) and still cant found any correct adresses for hp or exp...
The game is cool, but I want to play with the immortality

bbinshadow
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by bbinshadow »

jrsm wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:12 pm
I didn't have any luck with cheatengine, but since this is an electron game, I can tell you that it does store some values in leveldb that can be modified.

On Windows, if you look in %AppData%\Roaming\Vampire_Survivors\Local Storage\leveldb, that's where a lot of persistent state is kept. I was looking for a way to modify coins, so I used python to browse around, and it was relatively easy to modify:

import leveldb

db = leveldb.LevelDB('<path to leveldb folder')
db.Put(b'_file://\x00\x01CapacitorStorage.Coins', b'\x0199999')
This file also keeps tracks of unlocks, kill counts, achievements, etc. There's also an interesting key here named "CapacitorStorage.CheatCodeUsed'" with a boolean value, so there are probably cheats of some kind in the game.

There's another leveldb directory at %AppData%\Roaming\Vampire_Survivors\Session Storage, but it looks like it only tracks a version number.
Thanks!
I failed to install leveldb with python.
Is it possible to share your save? I want to skip some grind

KurONek0
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by KurONek0 »

If you look at the processes there would be multiple processes of the game active. Try all of them out once at a time and one will work.(The values are in doubles)

LeFiXER
LeFixer
LeFixer

Post by LeFiXER »

This leveldb editor works fine: [Link]

GDMT
Cheater
Cheater

Post by GDMT »

I tried using that leveldb editor posted by LeFiXER then tried editing the coins i have. Not when i try opening leveldb, its showing blank. Game shows 0 coins as well lol. Not sure what i did wrong but help please lol

edit: i practically lost all my progress just from editing my coins from 277 to 1888 lol. Back to start xD

johnhsq
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by johnhsq »

So for those who is trying to modify save file with python on Windows, you can try following steps:
0.Install python3.8+, if you don't have one, download it here:
[Link]
1.Instead of "leveldb", you are supposed to use "plyvel" on Windows, press Win + R and enter cmd.exe, press enter, then enter the command:

pip install plyvel-win32
2.Find your save path: C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Vampire_Survivors\Local Storage\leveldb, copy the full path
3.Run the following script(in python window not in cmd) ,replace "YOUR_SAVE_PATH" with your save path

import plyvel

db = plyvel.DB(r'YOUR_SAVE_PATH', create_if_missing=False)
db.put(b'_file://\x00\x01CapacitorStorage.Coins', b'\x0199999')
If no error raised, open you game and you can find 99999 gold that you have
Last edited by johnhsq on Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:41 am, edited 7 times in total.

bbinshadow
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by bbinshadow »

Thanks! your guide is so kind
I pasted 'pip install plyvel-win32' in IDLE (Python 3.10 64-bit), then it saied ' SyntaxError: invalid syntax'

johnhsq
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by johnhsq »

bbinshadow wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:22 am
Thanks! your guide is so kind
I pasted 'pip install plyvel-win32' in IDLE (Python 3.10 64-bit), then it saied ' SyntaxError: invalid syntax'
Well, you have to run it from cmd, press Win + R and enter cmd.exe, press enter, then enter the command 'pip install plyvel-win32'

GDMT
Cheater
Cheater

Post by GDMT »

Worked like a charm! Now all i have to do is play it again lol. Also, note that on step 3 you should execute this command in python window not in cmd. What i did was copy pasting the entire code and changing the 'YOUR_SAVE_PATH' to the path of the leveldb folder including the ' '.

Thanks again!