SmartDog
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: [REQ] The Riftbreaker

Post by SmartDog »

apollo1 wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:10 pm
Quick mod......
Yeah thanks for this :) I didn't get time to try it out yet but it sounds awesome :) Thanks for taking the time to post it for everyone :)

cgdestroyer
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by cgdestroyer »

does this mod works in gamepass? I clicked enable mods, open mod folder, moved zip file to packs and nothing?

MasterVegito
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by MasterVegito »

cgdestroyer wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:35 pm
does this mod works in gamepass? I clicked enable mods, open mod folder, moved zip file to packs and nothing?
You don't need to enable anything, just place the zip. Also this mod doesn't work on existing buildings.

apollo1
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by apollo1 »

cgdestroyer wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:35 pm
No it doesnt need the mod manager, it works simply by pasting the zip into packs folder.

Edit: Did a bit of research, as fars as i can tell the gamepass version is fucked. Gamepass games have always been very restrictive on file integrity.
Last edited by apollo1 on Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Griffihn
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Griffihn »

apollo1 wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:10 pm
Spoiler
Quick mod, mostly quality of life edits, except for the wind turbine which is incredibly cheaty. I love this game, its so underrated, like a mix of factorio and Starcraft.

OP cheaty wind turbine(not my mod/edit, stole it from someone from discord, but the rest of these edits are my personal edits)
Longer length energy connector so you have to place less of them along a route
Large capacity AI Hub so you dont have to place a hundred of them
Further travel distance of repair facility bots so you dont have to place a hundred of them
Faster research of communications hub, I didnt like the instant research via debug console, felt too cheaty....i know...ironic right? probably still too fast though, needs tweaking/nerfing.

Place the "zz_cheat_mod_v1" zip file inside \The Riftbreaker\packs and DO NOT unzip it, its meant to stay zipped thats how the game reads it.

NOTE: TL:DR- Dismantle/sell all vanilla/unmodified buildings affected by this mod(energy connector, AI hub, Repair facility, Comm Hub, Wind Turbine) from saved game, save the game, then use this mod.

This mod will crash your game if you load a saved game with these modified buildings up and try to place another building of the same type one. You need to sell/destroy/dismantle those buildings before you do anything else, or simply start a new game.
For example, if you have a vanilla/unmodified communications hub built in your saved game, load up the game with my mod and try to create an additional modded communications hub, the game will crash. You need to dismantle the previous unmodified/vanilla communications hub first, and any building thats been affected by the modification of my mod.
got some files you may wish to add (just look in the archive). most likely i got the same mod zip as you, just that i added the tier 1-3 basic turret files to it and made it so they're not really OP but short of ultras and bosses, they'll kill anything if you have enough of them.
also, i'm posting them where the original modder posted them as well (didn't get it from discord but from the discussion board of another site).
Attachments
zz_cheat_mod_v2.zip
(38.02 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
Last edited by Griffihn on Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

apollo1
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by apollo1 »

Yeah the files are super simple to edit. I just posted them as a template for anyone to follow. There is so much more you can mod, our files arent even scratching the surface.

Griffihn
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Griffihn »

apollo1 wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:39 pm
Yeah the files are super simple to edit. I just posted them as a template for anyone to follow. There is so much more you can mod, our files arent even scratching the surface.
that's just a quick cheat mod until someone bothers to make a table or a trainer for this one. as for what can be modded, i managed to mod the little dogs on the first map to look like the necrons and have the defense attributes of a boss rock golem. so yea, i know you can go really far.
atm, looking into making your mech look like a space marine (thinking a blood angel would look really snazy)

Turk
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Turk »

In the v2 of the mod is the folder ressource supposed to spelled that way?

Ashar
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Ashar »

when i laod a game usign the v2 mod, all my turrents start spazzing out, rotating rapidly left and right

cgdestroyer
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by cgdestroyer »

Table for gamepass would be nice since nor mod files nor developer console seems to work :/

merrowind
ViP
ViP

Post by merrowind »

Ashar wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:13 am
when i laod a game usign the v2 mod, all my turrents start spazzing out, rotating rapidly left and right
The folder name "ressource" is wrong. It should be "resources"
Basic turret spazzes, because the rotation speed was changed from 300 to 6000. Just make your own edits.

hahameat
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by hahameat »

apollo1 wrote:
Hello, I unzip the zip file and edit the files inside it,and zip the file again with 7 zip. then i lauched the game, it crashed. is there another way to zip these files?

MasterVegito
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by MasterVegito »

hahameat wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:07 pm
apollo1 wrote:
Hello, I unzip the zip file and edit the files inside it,and zip the file again with 7 zip. then i lauched the game, it crashed. is there another way to zip these files?
if the game crashes you messed something up. Remmeber, it has to be a zip, create archive as zip, not change the extension.

Zanzer
RCE Fanatics
RCE Fanatics

Post by Zanzer »

TheArc
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by TheArc »

Made some edits of my own to the mod, got rid of the wind turbine cheat as I didn't like it and changed it so that the factories and the rare metal extractor don't consume the vein their on. Cheers!
Attachments
zz_cheat_mod_v1.zip
(59.9 KiB) Downloaded 77 times