Game Engine: Diablo 2
Game Version: 1.0.65931
Options Required:
Unlimited Health
Unlimited Mana
Damage modifier
1 hit kill
Steam Website: [Link]
Other Info: Offline save files are located at C:\Users\username\Saved Games\Diablo II Resurrected as .d2s files.

xICEMANx117
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Diablo 2 Resurrected (request)

Post by xICEMANx117 »

i want to second this, especially the health and mana, jesus the mana goes quick

Lukacross
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Lukacross »

so this game can be played offline unlike diablo 3?

omgitsbees
Cheater
Cheater

Post by omgitsbees »

Yeah this has offline characters, you're not required to be able to connect to battle net.

aerioth
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by aerioth »

+1

Crowley1661
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Crowley1661 »

omgitsbees wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:33 am
Yeah this has offline characters, you're not required to be able to connect to battle net.
Being able to make "offline characters" + being able to play without connecting to Bnet are 2 different things.

Thankfully you CAN play D2R offline toons without an active connection. Cheat Engine testing has yielded mixed results so far.
Last edited by Crowley1661 on Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

treeking
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by treeking »

You can mod D2 save Original version ex. 1.14d with Hero Editor, save. Copy mod save to D2R save folder enter game click OFFLINE.

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

Heeeere come the beggars :D

caliber1942
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by caliber1942 »

SunBeam wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:13 am
Heeeere come the beggars :D

exactly. it's not the simplest game (blizzard stuff) to deal with. I have no idea why Blizz does this on co-op and single player games like this. The modding is what makes them so fun, but here we are.

Likely going to be a save editor for this more than massive trainers, but this looks like a game right up your alley, if you can stand the endless leeches asking you what is taking so long.

We are looking at save game editor, to avoid the normal blizzard bullshit involved with putting out trainers for their games. It's a shame really.

Game uses INT for almost all data, data may NOT be normally 4 byte aligned, there is precursor number before the data indicating what it is (1 for attack, 6 for HP, 4 for attribute points, etc.) but the struct may not be in order, and data may not be present if you haven't done anything. Data is stored in 4 structs, and all of them appear to need to be modified or it appears that things get messed up and don't work properly (i.e. you still die, spells have no effect, blah blah). You CAN edit data in the game using memory editors like CE, and it sticks with saves. You can make some pretty powerful characters fairly quick once you isolated the 4 struct locations, which appear to be same layout in each struct, with the associated things I mentioned.

However, I am not going through hoops to try and make an unmapped .exe and then likely have to defeat the CRC scanner that is likely on board, etc. which are both going to be multi hours process that needs repeat if the game patches, etc.

Maybe people can try kernel mode CE to see if they can breakpoint without crash. I am using AMD so cannot go that route.

have phun..

best,
Cal

Cake-san
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Cake-san »

Write this on april but forget about it until now...

the data structure is the same as the older game , the only difference is 64 bit vs 32 bit which the offsets shift a little...

Tested it on diablo 2 resurrected beta & vanilla & modded...don't know if it will work for full resurrected

Sure you can edit items but I don't included it in table because presenting the data to user require more effort.... :roll:
Attachments
Game.CT
(10.82 KiB) Downloaded 2781 times

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

caliber1942 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:55 pm
I am sure you tried to debug the game and noticed it doesn't work as you've expected. Mentioning CRC/integrity checks isn't even the case, considering the game is shielded with Warden kernel-mode. That means even if you manage to get debugging working, you can't hook/alter executable code at all. Try to edit a single line of code, see if it works :)

And to answer to "why Blizzard does this": they've been against cheating since forever, hunting down any tool makers that fuck up their games. Caught them, sued them, people took those tools down and so on. They've started adding Warden into any of their games: StarCraft Remastered, StarCraft 2, now this one. The only thing you can do with that protection in place is scan memory and edit found values. That's about it :)

So of course now, given the heavy cross, CH has shifted the attention to "we're gonna make a save game editor"...

Good luck!

caliber1942
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by caliber1942 »

Cake-san wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:23 pm
Write this on april but forget about it until now...

the data structure is the same as the older game , the only difference is 64 bit vs 32 bit which the offsets shift a little...

Tested it on diablo 2 resurrected beta & vanilla & modded...don't know if it will work for full resurrected

Sure you can edit items but I don't included it in table because presenting the data to user require more effort.... :roll:
I tried this as well, some sort of AOB struct scan. In fact I worked on this for a couple hours. It fails miserably, due to the way they store things and it moving around.

I loaded my barbarian and tried your script, and it fails here. FYI. Base Address AOB fails. I also tried with 2 more characters with same result.

Just giving you some feedback.

best,
Cal

caliber1942
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by caliber1942 »

SunBeam wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:05 pm
caliber1942 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:55 pm

So of course now, given the heavy cross, CH has shifted the attention to "we're gonna make a save game editor"...

"So of course now, given the heavy cross, CH has shifted the attention to "we're gonna make a save game editor"..." <--

in short, yes. I have no time for this sort of BS. We dropped Call of Duty and several other games for same reason. Nobody seems to be supporting those in any other trainer groups of relevance either. It is what it is.

This is for the people with unlimited time who like the time sink of this sort of challenge. Have at it.

Most anything you want to do, you can do with memory editor live, but creating a trainer for this will be a chore, mostly for people making MP hacks, not us.

best,
Cal

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

Not focusing on any MP crap, I don't play online games at all (or the online component of any game).

Just wanted to point this out:

And the fact that it will require some understanding of what the fuck is going on in this Engine. The only means I see right now to get something done is to write-up scripts that call up on game functions with proper args. Hopefully, executeCodeEx isn't blocked (thread creation isn't blocked), so I can execute whatever I want. We'll see..

If you don't have time, then stop lurking around. From what I can tell, you're willing to test what works in hopes it'd provide a solution so you can feed CH pleb :) You're yet again saying you won't spend time doing anything about this game, yet you're keeping tabs on what goes on here...

caliber1942
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by caliber1942 »

SunBeam wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:52 pm
Not focusing on any MP crap, I don't play online games at all (or the online component of any game).

Just wanted to point this out:

And the fact that it will require some understanding of what the fuck is going on in this Engine. The only means I see right now to get something done is to write-up scripts that call up on game functions with proper args. Hopefully, executeCodeEx isn't blocked (thread creation isn't blocked), so I can execute whatever I want. We'll see..

If you don't have time, then stop lurking around. From what I can tell, you're willing to test what works in hopes it'd provide a solution so you can feed CH pleb :) You're yet again saying you won't spend time doing anything about this game, yet you're keeping tabs on what goes on here...
Thanks for your post. I tested to help the "plebe", which is more than you have done. I also posted the layout of the structs and some critical information regarding the game and how it works and is layed out in data, at least for OFFLINE mode. Which is more than you have done.

Finally, we aren't making a trainer for this dog, so just... stop... being... a... dick... like.... you... always... are....

best,
Cal