{REQUEST} Eastward

Ask about cheats/tables for single player games here
Lord-Xanthor
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: {REQUEST} Eastward

Post by Lord-Xanthor »

What exactly is this softlock I keep hearing about?
I myself been using memory and hex editors as far back as the 80s, using items like diskpatch or super snapshot.
When it comes to cheating in games, mainly RPGs, I never add items I have yet to find, or edit my levels. I stick to editing what I have, like money, exp, and what's in inventory.
It's a very bad idea to add items you have yet to find, or change your level, as doing so break the game in the following ways:
Changing oneself from let's say level 6 to level 99 can cause the player to not learn important spells, or gain important items, and even unlock portions of the game that would have presented themselves at each level. Adding exp slowly so you can get the above done is the safest way. Changing the level back just makes it worse, as the game has already triggered flags and either shut the older ones off, or removed them thinking they were completed.
Same with adding items you have yet to find. Let's say you added a hammer that's one hit kills that you would have gotten towards end of game. The game sees you have it, so triggers the flag for the quest so you no longer get that quest, which is very bad, as the quest would have also unlocked parts of the map needed to finish the game, and now that game is unplayable.
Final Fantasy VII was loaded with such game flags, and found out the hard way, 70 hours into play, that I had to start over. Should have seen how badly I messed that game up adding Aeris back into my party after she died.
Anyways, changing what you already have to larger amounts, like salt, to it's 9999 maximum, that's pretty safe. Forcing it higher, can result in another memory location that's important, being compromised.
Anyways, this softlock Im hearing about, sounds like game flags being triggered too early, and people getting locked out.

sinpareil
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by sinpareil »

Had the same issue with the softlock. Tried all my saves, nothing helped. Looks like you have to turn the whole thing off before you save at the end of Chapter 2. Weirdly, I could buy tomatoes and eggplants, but not crab, octopus, butter, chicken, daikon, etc. Those all came up with the "backpack full" error.

If there's a way to edit individual items, it wouldn't matter, but I haven't been able to find the variables for that.

Pur
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Pur »

Does this work with the Game Pass version?