[REQUEST] Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin

Ask about cheats/tables for single player games here
Impala
Table Makers
Table Makers

Re: [REQUEST] Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin

Post by Impala »

The cheats I make take grind out of game, so EXP multipliers, finding rare eggs easier etc, too old to spend a lot of time on games

But I'm the same with god mode and infinite mana and such, makes the game pointless to play

caliber1942
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by caliber1942 »

seikur0 wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:55 am
caliber1942 wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:56 pm
Anyone defeats the scanner I'd be most interested to see how you did it. I blew a lot of time looking at it, but in the end didn't have unlimited time to keep messing with it.
For the scanner I just searched for ingame money and looked at what accesses it. Then I looked at what in turn accesses that code.
The scans are triggered by traveling, so then I found out where the checksum code is. Then I tracked down where the checksum goes and after some experiments I found the place and a bunch of other places that look similarly.

Some lua scripting later I have created this table based on your pre-work. It only contains one anti-anti-cheat entry.

(I'm still not sure whether it makes sense to disable 32 locations that look like the memory scanning one instead of just one, but it doesn't seem to break anything at least for me. I might have to reduce these or they might be just right, because they prevent future checks that I didn't notice while just quick traveling. There are also some locations that look kind of similar to the 32 ones but not quite, so I didn't include them for now.)

With that, anyone can go ahead and write normal memory injection based cheats.
If someone wants to start with that, always rainbow/heavy eggs and also rare caverns would be great ;)
Have fun guys!
Nice work man!

best,
Cal

jasonthe13
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by jasonthe13 »

need one for talisman.....genes are pretty easy to get

seikur0
Code Alchemist
Code Alchemist

Post by seikur0 »

caliber1942 wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:46 am
Impala wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:39 pm
Jirodyne wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:34 am
I agree with this, somewhat. I don't care about editing the eggs, that might break something. But forcing it so every Egg is the Rarest and thus 'best' egg possible, I 100% want.
I got you covered, check out my table over here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16775