Re: [Request] Idle Industry Idle Game

Post by XXXX41XXXX »

reddevil1003 wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:00 pm
XXXX41XXXX wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:28 am
reddevil1003 wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:36 am

you are changing display values, which are overwritten by internal values. you need to search for internal values
Ah yes it's obvious now that you say it :oops:
Any idea on how to find them ? I tried to start from unknown value, then play with the increase and decrease searches (while obviously make the value vary accordingly first in game), but with no success yet (tried once on each process related to the game). Thanks in advance if you can help ;)

ok let me try ..
Very nice, let me know what you found ! :)

reddevil1003
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by reddevil1003 »

XXXX41XXXX wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:25 pm
reddevil1003 wrote:
XXXX41XXXX wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:28 am

Ah yes it's obvious now that you say it :oops:
Any idea on how to find them ? I tried to start from unknown value, then play with the increase and decrease searches (while obviously make the value vary accordingly first in game), but with no success yet (tried once on each process related to the game). Thanks in advance if you can help ;)

ok let me try ..
now i get ur pain. thing is this game is saving values to output stream files in real time. like this ->(your input (health99)-> (buffer)->file) = some address. than file.close()
if ur health gets changed -> >(your input (health98)-> (buffer)->file) = some different dynamic address (because its getting written to a outstream continously)

using disassembler to modify the files will do the trick..(instead of over-writing things in memory , u have to modify things in hard disk).

XXXX41XXXX
Cheater
Cheater

Post by XXXX41XXXX »

reddevil1003 wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:38 pm
XXXX41XXXX wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:25 pm
reddevil1003 wrote:

ok let me try ..
now i get ur pain. thing is this game is saving values to output stream files in real time. like this ->(your input (health99)-> (buffer)->file) = some address. than file.close()
if ur health gets changed -> >(your input (health98)-> (buffer)->file) = some different dynamic address (because its getting written to a outstream continously)

using disassembler to modify the files will do the trick..(instead of over-writing things in memory , u have to modify things in hard disk).
Thank you very much ! I will try with Ghidra tomorrow after work ^_^

Darkedone02
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Darkedone02 »

I'm also having issues on this... I can't find any values what so ever no matter how much I tried.

notpikachu
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by notpikachu »

Edit the app.asar file like GreenHouse instructed on the previous thread, but I remember there's a check somewhere to verify if that file is modify or not on the steam version. If you can fake that check, then anything is possible (not sure about now though, I did it like months ago).

Darkedone02
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Darkedone02 »

notpikachu wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:00 am
Edit the app.asar file like GreenHouse instructed on the previous thread, but I remember there's a check somewhere to verify if that file is modify or not on the steam version. If you can fake that check, then anything is possible (not sure about now though, I did it like months ago).
GreenHouse wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:59 pm
All values are doubles. Just do a search in between 'x' number and 'x' number, then do increased/decreased, and you'll find it easily. I don't like the engine that it uses, so the table is a 'No' from me.
EDIT: What you could do otherwise, is to check the Legends of Idleon post here, and do what it's done in that game. Unpack the app.asar file, and edit the game code and pack it again.
You might need to explain that app.asar thing, because i'm trying to do so but I've end up corrupting the game forcing me to reset everything for a single god damn edit.

What I did is download a plugin for 7-zip that allow me to open and edit anything on an .asar, however when I do edit anything on the asset/main/index.js location, for example if I edit iron mine to produce 1000 instead of 1, if I save it, and start the game "the game is corrupted, please reinstall the game on steam" error throws up.

I might have to install npm or node.js, try to do some app that allow me to unpack and repack game files without throwing that error I guess, cause something must of change if I edit anything, and it throws that error, and i'm back at square one.

GreenHouse
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by GreenHouse »

Darkedone02 wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:54 am
I can't help you with that, I haven't and I won't edit the file myself, as I don't even play the game. So you either changed something else that it wasn't what you think or like "notpikachu" said, there's a check for that, so find it and remove it.

Darkedone02
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Darkedone02 »

GreenHouse wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:07 am
Darkedone02 wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:54 am
I can't help you with that, I haven't and I won't edit the file myself, as I don't even play the game. So you either changed something else that it wasn't what you think or like "notpikachu" said, there's a check for that, so find it and remove it.
and I don't know what the hell that check is.

notpikachu
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by notpikachu »

Darkedone02 wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:23 am
and I don't know what the hell that check is.
I opened back the game on steam files, weirdly enough I didn't uninstall it as I remember quitting the game after a solid 30 minutes, but fortunately, I put some reference here and there. So, what you probably need is a notepad++ and a plugin called JSTool (this will re-format/beautify any jumble up codes). Then, you need something to crack open the asar file, I used 7-zip + asar plugin (google) or anything that will work. Always backup the asar file (is not even large but better than re-installing everything).

Everything ready?
Ok, first thing first, backup then unpacked the asar file. The things that you want is in that file and it's called "index.js". My assumption is, here's where most of the goodies lie (main code). There's probably other place but look here first, search for cash, building, etc strings, edit the code, save, throw back into the app.asar, some say you can even used the extracted version without depending on the compiled version ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Now, if you run the game it will show "Your game file is corrupted, please reinstall on Steam". Here's the check. I'm just going to say the check is on the "main.js" :D , it's blatantly easy to modify the code to bypass the check. That's probably the most I can help as I don't even play the game.

Disclaimer: guide is based on old version, may change at present, or future if the dev saw this. lulz

Darkedone02
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Darkedone02 »

Alright, I've already done the whole asar thing with 7-zip, but I did not noticed about the JSTool. I think this helps ALOT with those REALLY LONG SINGLE LINE OF CODE!

I'll try to find this check to see if i can get this done.

oldweeb
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by oldweeb »

Thank you, notpikachu.
If you are still having problems, Darkedone02, inside the main.js there's a line "if (expected !== actual)". I was able to run the game simply by deleting the "!"

Darkedone02
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Darkedone02 »

I'm trying to find it but I think I eliminated the wrong one, as none of my updated values changed (turning all resources output from 1 to 100), I think I got the wrong ! on this cause the ERROR no longer popping up but so is none of my changes.

oldweeb
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by oldweeb »

Darkedone02 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:08 pm
I'm trying to find it but I think I eliminated the wrong one, as none of my updated values changed (turning all resources output from 1 to 100), I think I got the wrong ! on this cause the ERROR no longer popping up but so is none of my changes.
It's the main.js in
app.asar\dist\

Darkedone02
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Darkedone02 »

FOUND IT! thanks for the help guys!

now to find the cost of the buildings and bring it down a notch, apparently this edit changes i made made things cost millions.

rhsucaeast
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by rhsucaeast »

These instructions worked perfectly. I edited the web-mobile\assets\main\index.js file and modified the calculator offline earnings calculations. Changed it from
i.cashPerMinute * h / 10
to
i.cashPerMinute * h * 10000000000000

I now get quadrillions of dollars from like an hour offline with minimal trades set up. If I set up a lot of trades, it is in the octillions.