What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: [REQUEST] Saga Frontier Remastered

Post by zeuklie789 »

telosei wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:34 am
Hello ;

thanks for your work guys ;

i'm not here to ease my playthrough tho, and i have a question about one things in the table on this page ;

misc > enemies battle level : 129

what is this value for ? is it tied to difficulty of encounter and/or boss ? can i raise it ? what is the max value?

thanks you guys !

PS : any way to add a special move to a weapon or to add to my move pool a tec that isn't sparkable? ( warrant phantasm )

ty :>
129 is 81h in hex, this means you are at rank 9, this is the highest rank, you will only encounter rank 7~9 enemies, and all the boss have max HP.
If you feel the battle is too hard for your party, you can tune down the number.

To be specific,
0~15 = rank 1
16~31 = rank 2
32~47 = rank 3
48~63 = rank 4
64~79 = rank 5
80~95 = rank 6
96~111 = rank 7
112~127 = rank 8
128~ = rank 9.

Sorry for my bad english.

telosei
Cheater
Cheater

Post by telosei »

zeuklie789 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:39 pm
telosei wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:34 am
Hello ;

thanks for your work guys ;

i'm not here to ease my playthrough tho, and i have a question about one things in the table on this page ;

misc > enemies battle level : 129

what is this value for ? is it tied to difficulty of encounter and/or boss ? can i raise it ? what is the max value?

thanks you guys !

PS : any way to add a special move to a weapon or to add to my move pool a tec that isn't sparkable? ( warrant phantasm )

ty :>
129 is 81h in hex, this means you are at rank 9, this is the highest rank, you will only encounter rank 7~9 enemies, and all the boss have max HP.
If you feel the battle is too hard for your party, you can tune down the number.

To be specific,
0~15 = rank 1
16~31 = rank 2
32~47 = rank 3
48~63 = rank 4
64~79 = rank 5
80~95 = rank 6
96~111 = rank 7
112~127 = rank 8
128~ = rank 9.

Sorry for my bad english.
there's a plot twist sir

doing fuse scenario the rank raised up above 129, i'm at 133 right now o_o

onipuck
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by onipuck »

So, I tried the one with the scripts for infinite HP/LP/WP/JP, it didn't work.

Basileus777
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Basileus777 »

Anyone have any leads on adding party members? I wonder if there are dummied out characters like commonmech was in the original.

huakuy99
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by huakuy99 »

aanpsx wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:40 am
Well, have played a little, and this is what i found so far...

- Character Pointer
You miss Time and Space magic gift....

imjustmaxie
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by imjustmaxie »

Basileus777 wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:05 am
Anyone have any leads on adding party members? I wonder if there are dummied out characters like commonmech was in the original.
I did find a structure for the party members, and that I manage to find 40 available ones (although there are 56 party slot(?)).
Was planning to post the table but the script didn't get saved on exit because of my stupidity... kinda pissed so I slept. :dry:
Will check that out later if it works.

imjustmaxie
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by imjustmaxie »

Alternative / Supplement table.

Game: SaGa Frontier Remastered
Process: SaGa Frontier Remastered.exe
Platform: Steam
Version: Build 6443908
Engine: Unity (IL2CPP)

Steam Store Page:

Table Version: 0.1.1
Options:
- POINTERS
1. [pMainGame]
2. [pTimeData]
- Pause Time
- Zero Game Time
- Get All Inventory Items (Maxed)
- Remove All Inventory Items
- Inventory Pointers
- Party Pointers

Updates:
- Initial Release
- Fixes Inventory Item list-related options due to incomplete list (Inventory Pointers, Get/Remove All Inventory Items)

Issues:
- None
Attachments
SaGa Frontier Remastered.CT
Table Version 0.1.1
(30.92 KiB) Downloaded 203 times
Table Version 0.1
(28.71 KiB) Downloaded 81 times

DominusDolor
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by DominusDolor »

huakuy99 wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:25 am
aanpsx wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:40 am
Well, have played a little, and this is what i found so far...

- Character Pointer
You miss Time and Space magic gift....
I second that and aside from Time/Space Magic Gifts could we also get Life? Make everyone a Blouge lol.

And party editor would be super swell =)

Travisx1988
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Travisx1988 »

Time/Space Magic don't have a code associated with it because master works differently on it it will master once you have one of the spells you can't buy from kylin or time lord easiest method to get it is have one character equip those spells via ability slots code then enter a battle (You have to actually initiate your team first) then flee it will then make that character learn the ability so unequip it you will notice time and space will master.
Then you can do the copy art cheat to make things faster. that code is a bit glitchy and if you use a different save data while it is still active it will crash so you know

Basileus777
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Basileus777 »

There reason it works that way is that there is no time and space gift, the check mark is fake. You can never learn time or space magic in battle.

DominusDolor
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by DominusDolor »

Is there a code for getting all regions on the Region Map unlocked? like we had on PSX?

onipuck
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by onipuck »

So, for some reason the good table in the thread, the one that had the comprehensive battle stuff and the collapsing of the big menu thing up top, the code for the third character slot is showing up ?? in all four fields.

And the latest one,
Spoiler
which quite frankly has too many credits before the actual table,
doesn't seems to take forever to load and has nothing of any real value.

Kuraido777
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Kuraido777 »

Seems to be working for me, at least in battle anyways.
Buuut just in case we're using different versions, here's the one I got, along with a few personal use hotkeys (which you can safely ignore).

If you're curious about the hotkeys,
Spoiler
Ctrl+G sets character 1's growth values to max and toggles freeze for it, so if you swap all your characters through slot one, you can make all their growth values max with little effort.
Ctrl+S sets all enemies to have max stat-up value, 100 spark value, and toggles freeze for those values. Still sparks weird gun skills and spells lol.
Ctrl+M sets character 1 with my personal choice of equipment since I'm too lazy to re-equip the same stuff to every character every new game+ run.
It equips a Dullahan Shield, Spriggan Suit, Harmonium Armor, and Mellow Ring.
As an unwritten bonuses, Ctrl+, equips Flower Amulet, 2 Purple Eyes, and Mellow Ring, which I use for monsters, usually in Dullahan form.
And then Ctrl+Shift+R equips Character 1 with my setup for my main bae Rouge. It equips the Fighter Ring, Lord Ring, Backpack, Dullahan Shield, Skelemail, Hamonium Earring, Blood Chalice, and Mellow Ring. It also equips the abilities Starlight Shower, Cosmic Rave, Fire Barrier, DSC, Vitality Rune, Megawindblast, Shadow Servant, and Overdrive. I've got his stats maxed out, and this lets him do just about everything and have full immunity to everything with the chalice hack.
Attachments
(143.7 KiB) Downloaded 143 times

eroneouswaylay
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by eroneouswaylay »

Registered here just to say wow (and to dole out as much rep as it'll let me.) I did some of the work that served as the foundation for the absolutely mindblowing stuff Zarak did (I seriously cannot give that dude enough props, about the time where a debugger was required to dig any deeper is when the hyperfocus component of my ADHD wore out and he came along just in time because I fizzled out not much longer.)

I might as well be a turnip (a red one, no less, even if the status screen calls me a mandrake) when it comes to CE, but considering that I already know the inner workings of SF to a degree this might be a thing I can actually learn a bit on. (I was actually just trying to see if I could figure out where learned skills/techs are stored, assuming it's still the bit-toggle system from before, because tracking down T-Walkers when I'm practically heading to RB3 to get Magnify on 3 more Mecs is getting really, really annoying, but haven't come across that just yet. And that's how I got here.)

Anyway, likesay, mostly just had to say something because the data project was kinda my baby for awhile and it really, really makes me happy that people are still using all that information (not taking credit, mind--pretty much all I did was expedite certain things, anybody could've found the info I compiled. Hope that doesn't sound conceited or anything.) And really, really wanted to say thanks to everyone who's contributed to this table deal. I'm really, really noobish with CE but if I figure out anything useful (or at least interesting) I'll be sure and pass it along.

As far as the learned skills thing, as it worked before, there's the block of info that holds each character's info (ID, map sprite, "most recent battle action", 2 bytes, HP, 2 bytes... etc.) For example's sake, we'll say that info begins at 0x100000. So 0x100000 would be the character ID, 0x100001 would be their map sprite, etc. From there, 0x100038 is where the "known skills" info begins (this, mind, is out-of-battle info--in-battle stuff is a little different because of storing stat modifiers and such). At the Tripod site, under Waylay's site, char_status.txt (this whole block of info, but IIRC Zarak figured out a lot of the blank/unknown bytes I had) I have the skill listings, I'll try and explain that a bit.

Following the example, at 0x100038 there'll be a number from 0x00 to 0xFF (realistically only up to 7F, since you can't normally have Slash permanently learned as it's the default non-Katana sword "Attack" command. It's called Attack in the remaster--several skill names have changed, which I'll eventually document, but most of them are pretty obvious; some aren't, though, like Smash becoming Sunder.) If the character has no skills learned from that byte (such as Blue or Rouge at a new game with no carryover), it'll be 00. If they know, e.g., DoubleSlash (Double Vertical) and CrossSlash (Cross Slash) it'll be 0x24 (20 is DoubleSlash, 04 is Cross Slash.) If there are multiple skills, you'd add those values together (if you know all 7 skills at that address, it'll show 7F. In the txt, after each byte for skills known, there's another value, which is the value you'd see if you had all normally learnable skills in that byte. You could just set them to FF across the board, and literally know all the skills, but only Mecs can access the Special menu and there'd be a ton of skills in that listing, unless you also change the Race value, and even then I believe there may be some potential issues, possibly even crashing, if you just unlocked everything that way.)

Hopefully that explanation worked, and moreso that it's helpful (it's possible skills are stored differently now.) Likesay the skill values are at char_status.txt for the interested. (The "directly modifying skills" approach bypasses Talent requirements and spark trees, whereas, for instance, Annie will never have over a 1/256 chance to spark LifeSprinkler/Spray of Life regardless of enemy spark value because she lacks Talent for it.)

That brings up the possibility of modifying the unused talent list (03, where Blouge is 00, Emelia is 01, etc.) to be "has talent for everything learnable" and then assigning that to whichever characters you want to be able to spark anything (you'd still need to be using the proper skill in the spark tree, plus targetting an enemy with an appropriate spark value, but from what I gather from the thread the latter point is moot via the available table.) I'll see if I can't figure something out with that.

Anyway. Much thanks to everyone who's contributed to the table. Now that I've rambled for six pages, I'm gonna check it out and see what kinda damage we can do with that. ^_^

eroneouswaylay
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by eroneouswaylay »

Code: Select all

https://imgur.com/gallery/oBmsKcT
Early attempts proved.. interesting. (Note that I am not actually playing in Japanese.)

Fortunately I eventually faked knowing what I'm doing well enough to get results.

I'm attaching as a standalone thing rather than merged into an existing table simply because my layout is ugly as sin. Should be possible to cut/paste this onto the bottom of another one though. Basically, it's sorted into Physical (subdivided into Sword, Katana, Alkaiser, Fist, Gun), Magic, Mecs, Mystics (I haven't tested whether giving MysticSword, et al. this way will function as intended), Monsters, and Other. Monsters and Other are mostly enemy-only skills, the earlier ones under Monster are usable via MysticXX absorbs but I didn't differentiate there (since these will add each selected skill directly to the Sword, Gun, et al. menus under Arts.) Note that if you're already in the menu, you'll need to exit the menu entirely then go back to the Arts menu to see changes applied.

Monster skills added this way don't count toward Monster PrimeHP (semantic really, since you can modify the BaseHP directly--I'll try to find the PrimeHP later just for thoroughness' sake). I also included the normally enemy-only multi-target PhantasmShot under the normal Mystic magic listing. Some skills I gave their relocalized name (with the original name in parentheses afterward) but not very consistently yet (though this does make it easy to look through all the new names in order. Bonus.)

If you want, for instance, to know every normally learnable Sword art, you can go to the Sword header, hit Enter, type 1, hit Enter, and voila. Same applies for removing skills. (You could do the same with the entire Slot 1--Learned Skills header, I didn't notice anything anomalous doing that. Just be warned, a lotta the skills under Other may be squirrelly. The old version couldn't handle displaying all possible Magic submenus at once but that's not an issue now.)

Probably goes without saying, but if anyone wants to improve upon the enabling system I have there (everything is a binary address, just change to 1 to have it learned or 0 to not, super easy to do en masse but probably a little more tedious if you're being selective) go right ahead.