[REQUEST] Saga Frontier Remastered

Ask about cheats/tables for single player games here
SeriouslyNow
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: [REQUEST] Saga Frontier Remastered

Post by SeriouslyNow »

Tried out the Cheat Table, it works, sort of?

Editing the Credits is good, changes show up immediately, but the enemy stat editing doesn't register. The engine shows the edited stats, yet in-game I keep one-shooting the enemy that should have 9999 hp. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for making it anyways.

zeuklie789
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by zeuklie789 »

the address +10h after credits is "encounter counts", the more battles you won, the higher this number counts, the mobs you encounter become stronger.

ZeroDelta
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by ZeroDelta »

rkuzunoha wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:33 pm
Fixed the third position codes hopefully and added all the enemy stats in battle, now finally free to play around to find other things. Any idea how to search for drop rate n mecha/monster/mystic absorb rate?

SaGa Frontier Remastered.CT
The problem with the 3rd position codes actually resolved itself for me when Riki was forced out of my party

GK133
Cheater
Cheater

Post by GK133 »

Is it possible to have any character in the party?

ephemeral9
Cheater
Cheater

Post by ephemeral9 »

GK133 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:24 am
Is it possible to have any character in the party?
Technically yes. As long as you're not changing your main character, you can replace someone with someone else with the sprite changes. If you want to really duplicate them, you'll also have to edit their arts, growths and spark tree to what they should be (only if you want a 1:1 duplicate of that character, if you just want their sprite, just change the sprites).

rkuzunoha
Cheater
Cheater

Post by rkuzunoha »

SeriouslyNow wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:44 pm

Editing the Credits is good, changes show up immediately, but the enemy stat editing doesn't register. The engine shows the edited stats, yet in-game I keep one-shooting the enemy that should have 9999 hp. Am I doing something wrong?

Yeah i forgot about this, its the same problem as the PSX version where the damage cannot exceed the max HP of the Char/Enemy in one hit or they will die regardless but for the Char as long as you freeze the value if they got hit again they auto resurrect as long as that damage also does not exceed the max HP.

Edit : Added the battle level of enemies as inspired by zeuklie789

(118.17 KiB) Downloaded 136 times

ephemeral9
Cheater
Cheater

Post by ephemeral9 »

rkuzunoha wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:04 am
SeriouslyNow wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:44 pm

Yeah i forgot about this, its the same problem as the PSX version where the damage cannot exceed the max HP of the Char/Enemy in one hit or they will die regardless but for the Char as long as you freeze the value if they got hit again they auto resurrect as long as that damage also does not exceed the max HP.

Edit : Added the battle level of enemies as inspired by zeuklie789

Thank you again for your addition! Just wanted to mention about the BR. It's on a base 16 (like hex itself) value. Say you had a value of 2E, that's BR 2 with 14/16 to BR 3. If you look at it after each fight and it's not increasing, don't worry, there's another roll to see if it actually increases the x/16 value. SaGa Frontier is weird.

justdev42
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by justdev42 »

FYI if setting the spark value/ stat value of enemies to 255, some unexpected things can happen. IE Fuse used a mind ability with gift and at end of battle obtained Drunk which is used by game for event battle and not normally an obtainable spell. If you want to avoid breaking limits of a normal play through (but want to avoid tedium in maxing out your team/ setting up a new team for 8th time :) ) I'd recommend setting spark value to 40 (Dullahan) and stat value to 99 (HugeSlime) to match highest-level enemies. (per Data/Mechanics Guide by Zaraktheus) If you want interesting abilities used by enemies or events give yourself gift and go ham :D

Would like to see if the inevitability counter Zaraktheus mentioned is still a thing and use that rather than editing monsters to see what effect is if I had ridiculously bad luck. I like the idea of it better because it should be a constant value in and out of battle but haven't had any issue with the others.

rose31
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by rose31 »

Would it be at all possible to add the in-battle stat bonuses for like, STR~~CHA, so that I can see their current values? I want to see by how much certain spells buff my stats, and whether it's true what I heard about Asellus gaining all three mystic absorbs' stat buffs even if you seal one or two of them from her ability list.

Koinzell
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Koinzell »

Has anyone tried to port the original debug code?
Character/party modifier, items, money, teleportation to any map/world, accessing unused content and characters like CommonMec and Woman, all of that was possible using the debug room in the original game. You could even play Fuse's unfinished scenario, iirc.

telosei
Cheater
Cheater

Post by telosei »

Hello ;

thanks for your work guys ;

i'm not here to ease my playthrough tho, and i have a question about one things in the table on this page ;

misc > enemies battle level : 129

what is this value for ? is it tied to difficulty of encounter and/or boss ? can i raise it ? what is the max value?

thanks you guys !

PS : any way to add a special move to a weapon or to add to my move pool a tec that isn't sparkable? ( warrant phantasm )

ty :>

GK133
Cheater
Cheater

Post by GK133 »

Is it always possible to transform into an Alkaiser?

aanpsx
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by aanpsx »

Well, have played a little, and this is what i found so far...
- Inf HP
- Inf LP
- Inf WP
- Inf JP
- Fast Growth
- Max Money
- Item Drop Multiplier
- Have/Max All Item
- Character Pointer
Attachments
v.1
(189.11 KiB) Downloaded 193 times

onipuck
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by onipuck »

aanpsx wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:40 am

- Item Drop Multiplier

As in they drop multiples, or does it make it more likely for items to drop?

telosei
Cheater
Cheater

Post by telosei »

onipuck wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:22 am
aanpsx wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:40 am

- Item Drop Multiplier

As in they drop multiples, or does it make it more likely for items to drop?

considering the ps1 code, i would say the latter more than the former tbh