STN
Founder
Founder

Re: [REQUEST] Saga Frontier Remastered

Post by STN »

Kuraido777 wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:44 am
Also also, how edit post? Can't find a button for that lmao :P
Can't until you become normal user which should be soon.

Sekoria
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Sekoria »

I confirm that the attributes and stat growth don't work for the Steam version. If you explain how you found those, I could try to fix it for the steam version.

Basically, if you can explain how to find the "1st slot HP", I can easily transpose to the other stats.

rkuzunoha
Cheater
Cheater

Post by rkuzunoha »

Sekoria wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:29 am
I confirm that the attributes and stat growth don't work for the Steam version. If you explain how you found those, I could try to fix it for the steam version.

Basically, if you can explain how to find the "1st slot HP", I can easily transpose to the other stats.
Basically just find the first HP address by using 4 bytes and searching for the current max HP as stated in status screen then go into battle n hope the HP stat is raised in that battle then search next exact value change until you find the one address that can alter the HP stat, save the address n right click it to find all sorts of command. Choose pointer scan for this address n use the default settings n it will find around +-400000 address to the pointer address, close the game n reopen n reattach cheatengine with the previous scan still open find the HP address again n use the new address on the pointer scan panel by choosing the third option "Pointer Scanner" n select rescan memory n put the new address there n choose ok. It will research the pointer address so you will less n less address that will point to the correct codes the more you repeat this process, but i myself just do it twice n randomly select 10-20 addresses n restart the game to see if the codes will automatically find the HP address next game.

Edit : Redid the stats codes so try n see first if it will work for those who couldn't get it to work before, or maybe try updating cheat engine or do a fresh reinstall.

Edit 2 : Finally found the correct address for the first enemy, let me know if that's enough or you prefer all 5 addresses.

SaGa Frontier Remastered.CT
(101.84 KiB) Downloaded 92 times

Sekoria
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Sekoria »

Thanks, I'll check later. If possible, do the 5 enemies : it'll be easier for spark and stat ups, imho.

ephemeral9
Cheater
Cheater

Post by ephemeral9 »

rkuzunoha wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:11 pm
Sekoria wrote:

Basically just find the first HP address by using 4 bytes and searching for the current max HP as stated in status screen then go into battle n hope the HP stat is raised in that battle then search next exact value change until you find the one address that can alter the HP stat, save the address n right click it to find all sorts of command. Choose pointer scan for this address n use the default settings n it will find around +-400000 address to the pointer address, close the game n reopen n reattach cheatengine with the previous scan still open find the HP address again n use the new address on the pointer scan panel by choosing the third option "Pointer Scanner" n select rescan memory n put the new address there n choose ok. It will research the pointer address so you will less n less address that will point to the correct codes the more you repeat this process, but i myself just do it twice n randomly select 10-20 addresses n restart the game to see if the codes will automatically find the HP address next game.

Edit : Redid the stats codes so try n see first if it will work for those who couldn't get it to work before, or maybe try updating cheat engine or do a fresh reinstall.

Edit 2 : Finally found the correct address for the first enemy, let me know if that's enough or you prefer all 5 addresses.

Just wanted to say thank you for typing out the guide on how you found the pointers, this will really help at least me in the future for finding them!

Also wanted to mention that for stats, the only enemy that actually matters (unless they changed it, but with all the data looking so similar to the PSX version, I'm not so sure) is the first one. This also might be the for sparking gun and magic as well, since it's a call that happens after the fight.

Edit: Also forgot to mention, if you set the spark/stat values too high some potentially odd behavior can happen. For example, Rouge learned Regeneration (Realm Spell), which is an enemy only type of skill. It doesn't do anything when used, but for some reason it has a 'learnable' difficulty which I find odd. Just found the area where skill difficulty is and Gate as well as Regeneration have difficulties of 0xFA, which you're never really supposed to reach. Food for thought, if you want 'em, that's how you can get 'em.

SpookyOh
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by SpookyOh »

rkuzunoha wrote:
Sekoria wrote:

Thanks for this!!! Wanted to kinda add in. I am on Steam Version running Cheat Engine 7.2 and everything has been working, even the prior list. So people may just need to get 7.2 or up for it to work ^^

ephemeral9
Cheater
Cheater

Post by ephemeral9 »

So, I just had an idea of quick sparking. Like spells, each skill you can learn has a difficulty. I’m really hoping it’s not a tree style difficulty (say for Lifesprinkler/Spray of Life it’s a difficulty 40 on a regular attack, but 24 I think for Headwind). I’ll take a look at what I can find.

Edit3: Ha! I was totally wrong about what it pointed to and how things worked. I think it may have just been a rendering call or something, it was being called all over the place.
Last edited by ephemeral9 on Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sekoria
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Sekoria »

Hello, I tested the latest table and almost everything works. Weirdly, the third character in battle stats is set as "???". The other four work perfectly.

Kuraido777
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Kuraido777 »

SpookyOh wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:55 pm

Thanks for this!!! Wanted to kinda add in. I am on Steam Version running Cheat Engine 7.2 and everything has been working, even the prior list. So people may just need to get 7.2 or up for it to work ^^
Well, I updated my Cheat Engine to 7.2, and what do you know, everything works lol
I'll be looking into trying to convert some psx patch codes into cheat engine entries.......some time lol

But for those that are curious, while I haven't tried it yet, my research has yielded as follows:
Here's an example patch code which has the function of making the str cap go from 99 to 255
d019d65c 0064
8019d65c 0100

To dissect what this does, we can break down both lines into 3 parts(this is in hex, so each byte is 2 digits).
d0 - 19d65c - 0064
80 - 19d65c - 0100
I'll break down the first bytes, as this is used solely for gameshark purposes.
d0 means do if equal, and 80 means that the value we want to store or change to is a 2 byte value.
(as opposed to 30 which would indicate a 1 byte value.)

Following that, 19d65c is the address we want to actually insert to, and the last 2 bytes being the value being checked or inserted.
So putting it all together, this particular code says "If the current value at address 19d65c is 100(0064 hex= 100 decimal), change the value at address 19d65c to 256(0100 hex = 256 decimal)."

So what does this mean for us? It means we don't care about the d0 line LOL.
Also you might think "Buh wait, don't addresses change all over the place? Isn't that why we need pointers?" Yea, you right, so hence the next part of it.

So now you that we understand patch codes, we still gotta do some manual leg work, using the method described by @rkuzunoha, we just gotta do the first bolded part of this:
rkuzunoha wrote:
So what we ACTUALLY need is just the current address of the value we're trying to change for. Now in this scenario, we don't actually have a way of finding the address of the str or any stat cap because it's not a value we can change or see in game. But in theory, let's say there's another patch code that gives you infinite health or something that looks something like
8019d82c 03e8
Which again means change the value at address 19d82c to 1000(3e8 from hex to dec).

And let's say we also happened to find the address for max health by scanning as mentioned in above guide and found it to be say value 518 at address 289F8C59AA0. So this is where things get a tad foggy for me, BUT, from my understanding, what we need to do is subtract the 2 addresses to find the offset.
So popping this into calculator set to hex, 289 F8C5 9AA0 - 19d82c= 289 F8AB C274.
This means "289 f8ab c274" is now our "offset".

So in theory, what this means for us is that now we know this offset, let's take a look at our original psx patch code for strength cap:
80 - 19d65c - 0100 and getting rid of the gameshark byte and value bytes, we're left with the address 19d65c.
So what we do now is add our offset. Again, popping it into my handy calc, 289 f8ab c274 + 19d65c = 289 f8c5 98d0.
This SHOULD mean that the address of the str cap for our current instance of the game is at address 289F8C598D0. And to check this, it should have a value of 100, as we know that the original value of the cap should be 99 (likely the game caps it by checking if it's less than 100).

Let's say it does. WOO in that case, we would have found our str cap address, but don't forget to use the pointer scanner as @rkuzunoha detailed above to make sure you have the right pointer path saved so you don't have to go through this entire process to find it again.
Once you got that all done and saved, you can change the value to your liking -AND SHARE IT WITH US :lol:

If anyone wishes to add me on discord to discuss additional findings or information, or if you would like clarification or help with anything, feel free to add me via Kuraido777#9272
Cheers~ <3

ephemeral9
Cheater
Cheater

Post by ephemeral9 »

Unfortunately, with the expansion of RAM from the PSX to PC conversion, the 'pointer' codes (pretty much anything that's X01XXXXX, but there are exceptions) won't be very easily found. I've tried that with the monster equip/seal skills and the routines themselves are different. I've tried to search for the AOB that the code itself attempts to look for (the D0X ones), but there aren't any corresponding ones.

TheDarkAss
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by TheDarkAss »

rkuzunoha wrote:
Sekoria wrote:

I can confirm this works! Thank you.

Kuraido777
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Kuraido777 »

But did you try finding and apply the offset first tho? Cuz obviously in the example of gameshark code 8019d65c 0100, if you search for just the array of bytes ??19d65c ???? you won't get any hits. But I'm thinking if you can get the address value of the same variable being changed as what the gameshark code is changing e.g. you scanned and found the address for inventory slot 1, and the find a gameshark code that also changes inventory slot 1, once you subtract and find the offset in relation to the gameshark address vs the PC address, you now know where the other gameshark codes are in relation to your original scanned address.

That is to say, if you scanned and found inventory slot 1 at address 270de45, you also know that in relation, 270de46 would be inventory slot 2, and so on. And if your gameshark code references address 100de11 for inventory slot 1 for example, and you subtract that from the PC scan address, you get that the relation between what the gameshark code references and what the PC address you found references is offset by 170 0034. And therefore, you can guess that the gameshark code address for inventory slot 2 is our PC scan address 270de46 minus our offset 170 0034, which would be 100de12. In both cases inventory slot 2 is +1 in relation to inventory slot 1.

So what I'm getting at is, if we can find that offset, we can probably translate the addresses of gameshark code addresses based on the fact that the game's data is still in the same place in relation to each other, but in a different location in relation to PSX vs PC.

Now the only difficulty is finding that offset. To test this, I need to find a gameshark code that changes a variable we can also scan for, aka current stats, not max stats. That way, we can actually compare the address scanned against the address the gameshark code references.

ephemeral9
Cheater
Cheater

Post by ephemeral9 »

I searched by the original RAM values from the PSX one game. You can even check these in an emulator if you wish. The D0X codes are the original values, which should put the AOB scan for ED F1 O2 OC (F1ED and 0C02 are the codes, but GS codes are kind of backwards, they take the first of the two values from the last part of the code). It doesn't exist in RAM, though EDF1O2 does. I'll keep poking around at that though. Inventory, character data (including in battle) and other things of that nature were in the 000xxxxx section of the RAM in the PSX version, anything more advanced like the stuff we really want was in the 00xxxxxx area of RAM. I know there were different purposes for the different areas of RAM for PSX, but I can't recall where it all started and stopped.

rkuzunoha
Cheater
Cheater

Post by rkuzunoha »

Fixed the third position codes hopefully and added all the enemy stats in battle, now finally free to play around to find other things. Any idea how to search for drop rate n mecha/monster/mystic absorb rate?

(122.22 KiB) Downloaded 99 times

ephemeral9
Cheater
Cheater

Post by ephemeral9 »

rkuzunoha wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:33 pm
Fixed the third position codes hopefully and added all the enemy stats in battle, now finally free to play around to find other things. Any idea how to search for drop rate n mecha/monster/mystic absorb rate?

Thank you so much! I got started on the enemy list as well, really helped my knowledge of how to find pointers.

As far as mecha/monster absorb rates, each one has basically a percentage chance to be absorbed. Keep in mind, I'm still pulling off of the well of knowledge that Zaraktheus left, so this is for the PSX version and I'm not sure if they've changed it. That being said however, the only things that really effect the percentages would be changing the percentages themselves. If you take a look at the code:
Spoiler'd for space management
Monster PC Ability Absorption success chance for Slot 2 x2 and for Slots 3-4 x4:
d01a7928 0003
801a7928 0001
d01a7938 000f
801a7938 0003
d01a7944 001f
801a7944 0007
You see that what it did was change the 1/4 (slot 2), 1/16 (slot 3), 1/32 (slot 4) to Always, 1/4, 1/8. It's in a memory region that's outside of the battle stats in the PSX version, so I'm not too sure how to go about finding it.