Cheater
Cheater

Re: [REQUEST] Saga Frontier Remastered

Post by ephemeral9 »

TheDarkAss wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:50 pm
ephemeral9 wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:13 pm
So here's the table with the edits (Map & Battle models, as well as the stat growth rates). If you change a Mystic to Half-Mystic, be sure to change the stat growths, they have 0s in all of 'em except for CHA & HP (except Time Lord with 0s in everything). I just added the pointers from changing the existing ones, so if it doesn't work feel free to let me know.
Thank you for this, but for some reason or another, the stat section doesn't work for me. I can't change sprites or stats. I'm just given question marks in the value column.
Try changing maps/areas. If that doesn't work, I'm not sure. If the other table works for you I'm not sure what's going on, I just added a couple pointers that related to the ones that were already in the previous table.

Edit: So, on closer inspection and testing, if you have the mystics set to half-mystic, they still won't gain stats other than CHA, HP, WP and JP. That said however, whatever they have absorbed will still add to their stats, though it can't be seen in the status page. The abilities don't even need to be equipped for the stat boosts to be active (though if you've absorbed something really good skill wise, by all means use it).

SeiferLeonheart
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by SeiferLeonheart »

ephemeral9 wrote:
So here's the table with the edits (Map & Battle models, as well as the stat growth rates). If you change a Mystic to Half-Mystic, be sure to change the stat growths, they have 0s in all of 'em except for CHA & HP (except Time Lord with 0s in everything). I just added the pointers from changing the existing ones, so if it doesn't work feel free to let me know.
Thanks for this! Tested a bit and worked well so far.

Any of those stats can boost skill learning rates? I assumed it would be the "spark" values, but I can't figure out how to use it.

Silverius
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Silverius »

ephemeral9 wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:14 pm
TheDarkAss wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:50 pm
ephemeral9 wrote:
Thank you for this, but for some reason or another, the stat section doesn't work for me. I can't change sprites or stats. I'm just given question marks in the value column.
Try changing maps/areas. If that doesn't work, I'm not sure. If the other table works for you I'm not sure what's going on, I just added a couple pointers that related to the ones that were already in the previous table.

Edit: So, on closer inspection and testing, if you have the mystics set to half-mystic, they still won't gain stats other than CHA, HP, WP and JP. That said however, whatever they have absorbed will still add to their stats, though it can't be seen in the status page. The abilities don't even need to be equipped for the stat boosts to be active (though if you've absorbed something really good skill wise, by all means use it).
I also am having problems with all ??s and I've tried switching maps/screens.

ephemeral9
Cheater
Cheater

Post by ephemeral9 »

I'm not sure why the pointers aren't activating for those who still have all ??s. I've restarted my game several times when trying to get the BloodChalice (and soon a Mystic Mail can be removed) pointers to stick through restarts, and they've worked every time.

As far as the how the sparking goes, it's only a few checks, none of which are stat based. It goes:
Spoiler'd to reduce clutter
A = Base Difficulty to Spark Ability
E = Enemy Spark Value
D = actual Difficulty
C = Chance to Spark Ability

(A - E) + 10 = D
0 <= D <= 20
If you have Physical Mastery, convert D->C using Table 1.
If you don't have Physical Mastery, convert D->C using Table 2.
If you don't have Talent, reduce C to 1.
If rand(0...255) < C, Spark succeeds.

Physical mastery is if there's a crown (equipped 6 out of 8 slots with physical skills).

Here are the tables that are referenced:
Difficulty->Chance Table 1 (With Physical Mastery):
00-01-02-03-04-05-06-07-08-09-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-Difficulty
40-39-39-37-36-34-31-29-26-23-30-16-13-10-08-05-03-02-01-01-00-Chance

Difficulty->Chance Table 2 (Without Physical Mastery):
00-01-02-03-04-05-06-07-08-09-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-Difficulty
20-19-19-19-18-17-16-15-14-12-25-08-06-05-04-03-02-01-01-01-00-Chance

rkuzunoha
Cheater
Cheater

Post by rkuzunoha »

Silverius wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:48 pm
Cards on table im using the darksiders version with goldberg controller fix to make these codes so the problems might be there if ur using steam version, share more info on what way ur playing so we can troubleshoot it together. Btw i finally found the correct codes for the battle stats for all 5 slots, still struggling with the enemy stats ill continue when i find spare time. Gratzie on the fine code addition from ephemeral9, digital high five bruv

SaGa Frontier Remastered.CT
(85.33 KiB) Downloaded 99 times

ephemeral9
Cheater
Cheater

Post by ephemeral9 »

rkuzunoha wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:47 pm
Silverius wrote:
Cards on table im using the darksiders version with goldberg controller fix to make these codes so the problems might be there if ur using steam version, share more info on what way ur playing so we can troubleshoot it together. Btw i finally found the correct codes for the battle stats for all 5 slots, still struggling with the enemy stats ill continue when i find spare time. Gratzie on the fine code addition from ephemeral9, digital high five bruv

I'll try and add some of my newer additions into this most recent update. I think I've added gifts, Mystic Mail can be unequipped, the BloodChalice hack, etc.

ephemeral9
Cheater
Cheater

Post by ephemeral9 »

Here's the table I've been working on, with the new additions. It says it in the table, but if you want to play with item attribute hacks, they have to be enabled BEFORE you load the game. If you enable them after the fact, they don't work properly. The stat one will (sort of, no immunities), but the Mystic Mail one won't. I'm still trying to pin down the item editing, but I've had them work the past five times I've closed/reopened the game.
Attachments
(96.04 KiB) Downloaded 89 times

SpookyOh
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by SpookyOh »

rkuzunoha wrote:
Silverius wrote:

Thanks!! and if it helps..I am using steam version and your cheat sheets have been working amazing for me! the only thing I had to do was change zones to update the Credits (Money). Everything else has been flawless!

EDIT !!!!!!!! Spark list! thank you!!!!! can now make mages who I want to use magic \o/ and vice versa to make Blue rock the martial arts lol

ephemeral9
Cheater
Cheater

Post by ephemeral9 »

I JUST found out (I really should RTFM) that INT growth is the same as Gun/Magic talent. So, as far as I can see, it's the only real stat that will boost getting skills (though not sparking, just the after battle skills).

Travisx1988
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Travisx1988 »

Ephemeral beat me to the mastery magic code i was playing around with learned Techs thought I had a learn all Arts code but the value changes every time you reload the game but i currently got it to where you can copy techs from one person to another.
Attachments
(97.75 KiB) Downloaded 79 times

Kuraido777
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Kuraido777 »

rkuzunoha wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:09 am
So i intended the last action taken for the enemies, here is how i use it by killing all monster with the exception of one and letting it take the last action in the round by everyone going in defense. Once you see their stat is populated by defferrianting between everyones HP you raise their HP to 9999 and put the spark value and stat up value to 255 so you can spam learning technique until ur skill slot is full then you kill em. Rinse n repeat

Edit : Ive added stats modifying to position 1 characters but i still implore you to not edit the human characters since it might mess with enemy progression, for monsters n mecs..... go nuts. Btw thanks Kuraido777 for the addition of codes thats a lot of work right there.

Haha Literally made an account just to contribute, and frankly, learned on the spot with pointers and all.
Sure feels different to be one of the pioneers of this table rather than just downloading and going off lol
ephemeral9 wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:34 pm

Yeah I noticed the vanishing sprite too, added a warning in the table extras. As far as I know, the higher the stat growth, the faster they'll boost. I'm not sure if there's a max for it (other than 255 since it's a single byte), but the highest tier characters have around 33 in total points. Also forgot I added the BloodChalice stat dropdown (though you'll have to search for it, I'm horrible at pointers), so there's that.

Edit: Also added Gifts to the character stat block. Will refrain from updating the table just yet, still poking around with other things.
Can you clarify what the BloodChalice hack is? I don't remember that one or what it's supposed to do.
Also, is there no growth value for WP and JP? Speaking of which, how tf did y'all even find these growth value pointers to begin with? Searching arrays of bytes based on init data? I wish to LEARNNN :lol:

Also, petition to move Stat Growth to it's own section in Character Slot 1 to reduce clutter, and also to add in a toggle script for compact mode when using the table and not scanning.

resilent_example
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by resilent_example »

How can i get the attributes working? I can't get them to populate even after changing maps.

patbz
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by patbz »

rkuzunoha wrote:
Silverius wrote:

FWIW, steam store version here - also seeing ??s only on the "Attributes" section, all the other sections work great.

ephemeral9
Cheater
Cheater

Post by ephemeral9 »

Kuraido777 wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:21 pm

Can you clarify what the BloodChalice hack is? I don't remember that one or what it's supposed to do.
Also, is there no growth value for WP and JP? Speaking of which, how tf did y'all even find these growth value pointers to begin with? Searching arrays of bytes based on init data? I wish to LEARNNN :lol:

Also, petition to move Stat Growth to it's own section in Character Slot 1 to reduce clutter, and also to add in a toggle script for compact mode when using the table and not scanning.
So, it's just an item edit I did back on the PSX version. Basically what it does is give 300hp, 60 to all stats, has max defense to everything and all status ailment protection. It USED to also have the Lord Ring ability in there, but I can't seem to hack that in. My reasoning was that I wanted an uber item, and no enemies have BloodChalice equipped in their hidden slots.

I thought I condensed the different stat blocks with the manual collapse triggers, but I can just do the hide when deactivated.

As far as where I learned all the values and stuff, I've been messing with SaGa Frontier RAM for a long time. Most of the info is on [Link] since the Biolab shut down I don't even know how long ago. I've been pulling most stuff from there.

Edit: Forgot to mention about the WP/JP growth. It kind of does, in a sense. The chance of increase on WP is based on your STR, QUI and VIT. JP is PSY, INT and WIL. I'll toss a spoiler'd section on what the formula actually is:
JP/WP Formula
J = Max JP
I = Current INT (Base value, modified by equipment, mystic absorbs, and any
buffs/debuffs from the current battle)
W = Current WIL (Base value, modified by equipment, mystic absorbs, and any
P = Current PSY (Base value, modified by equipment, mystic absorbs, and any
D = adjusted Difficulty
C = base Chance
A = Total JP Action Growth Factor of all Action Types chosen in this battle
N = Number of different Action Types chosen in this battle
F = Final Chance

J - (((I + W + P) / 2) - 10) = D
0 <= D <= 20
Convert D->C using Table 3.
(C * A) / (N * 4) = F
If rand(0...99) < F, improve Max JP +1; max 250

As always, remember to round down after any division operation.
For WP, just replace the stats involved with the 'physical' stats.

Kuraido777
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Kuraido777 »

Gotchu, thanks for the info!

Other resources I also use include these:
[Link]
[Link]

Also, can confirm that the blood chalice script is working as intended, also can confirm all attribute pointers are not working for me either.
That said, here's another QoL update; added compact mode and more inventory modifiers (up to the first 8 items, which is also how many your initial inventory screen can show at a time in game!) and rearranged some stuff.

Also also, how edit post? Can't find a button for that lmao :P
Attachments
(94.82 KiB) Downloaded 66 times