Re: [REQUEST] Saga Frontier Remastered

Post by glyth »

region map all places unlocked to please

ephemeral9
Cheater
Cheater

Post by ephemeral9 »

Not sure if it's something that can be done (will be looking into it with just memory fudging in CE), but Zaraktheus made some pretty kickass Gameshark codes for the PSX version; most of these seem to be able to be done, but I'm not sure how CE handles if/then statements (D0XXXXXX style codes for GS) outside of scripting. These might not even be needed, but I'm not sure. If anyone else wants to look into this as well, I can post a few of 'em later for examples.

SpookyOh
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by SpookyOh »

Not sure if it is possible with cheat engine, but there was a code for playstation that let you change the graphic of characters! So you could turn Lute. or Red or whoever to look like Bride Emelia! Change Gender of character would be neat also! and Species (Human,Mystic,Monster,Mech).

SSSuwaidi
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by SSSuwaidi »

+1

DominusDolor
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by DominusDolor »

-Inf HP
- Inf LP
- Max HP/LP
-Character stat pointers
- Have All Items (possibly 50x of everything?)
- Learn Art/Techs fast
- All spells mastered (Like getting every spell in the game for the character on screen)
- All Arts/Techs mastered
- All region map unlocked
- Gold pointer
- One Shot Kill

The psx version had some super amazing codes hanging out there for it and would be rocking if we could have that on here also =) please and thank you

ephemeral9
Cheater
Cheater

Post by ephemeral9 »

I'm shite at making pointers and such, but the inventory is set up a lot like the PSX version I've found. Just testing with Lute and got the Lightsword on him for example.

Edit: Haha holy moly. Item editing through RAM can be done as well, just looked for the RAM info for Lightsword from someone's data and it's in there.

glyth
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by glyth »

ephemeral9 wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:25 am
I'm shite at making pointers and such, but the inventory is set up a lot like the PSX version I've found. Just testing with Lute and got the Lightsword on him for example.

Edit: Haha holy moly. Item editing through RAM can be done as well, just looked for the RAM info for Lightsword from someone's data and it's in there.
how

glyth
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by glyth »

DominusDolor wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:16 pm
-Inf HP
- Inf LP
- Max HP/LP
-Character stat pointers
- Learn Art/Techs fast
- All spells mastered (Like getting every spell in the game for the character on screen)
- Gold pointer
- One Shot Kill

The psx version had some super amazing codes hanging out there for it and would be rocking if we could have that on here also =) please and thank you
99 is max

ephemeral9
Cheater
Cheater

Post by ephemeral9 »

glyth wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:58 am
ephemeral9 wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:25 am

how
So, people have decompiled the old SF's data, just do an Array of Byte scan for the first 10 or so bytes (for Blood Chalice it's E0 02 01 80 85 10 01 that I used), then change those to what the data points to. For the items themselves, I just swapped item slots (Cure and Backpack) and searched accordingly. The item digits themselves haven't changed from what I've seen, it's still structured as Item Digit (1byte) then quantity (1byte).

DominusDolor
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by DominusDolor »

glyth wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:59 am
DominusDolor wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:16 pm
-Inf HP
- Inf LP
- Max HP/LP
-Character stat pointers
- Learn Art/Techs fast
- Gold pointer
- One Shot Kill

99 is max
I'm aware I just thought 50 would be nice as you can get everyone what they need gear wise and have enough items but still be able to pick up loot off the ground in case there is a treasure hunter achievement or weird people like me that also what to loot when I have everything already lol

rkuzunoha
Cheater
Cheater

Post by rkuzunoha »

The game is tricky to edit since everything progresses with your character so if you edit ur stats then the enemy wont level with you, so if you edit everything to 99 then the enemies gonna stay the basic enemies for the rest of the game with the exception of Bosses n scripted encounters. Better to edit the Stat-up value n Spark value instead, as well as Mec Self-Development success chance/Mec Download success chance/Monster PC Ability Absorption success chance/Skip the Spark Talent check/Item drop success chance/Monster can change skills for easier monster growth. You can find the text to the ps1 codes at gamefaqs
[Link]
[Link]

Edit: Also editing all magic for Blue is counter-productive since he gets a different set Magic skills that no other character can get that is the Life magic skills, with the exception of Zozma with the Evil magic skills
Edit 2: There are codes to bypass the 99 limit stats up to 255 as well as bypass Hp limit to byte limit. If not to much to ask can Red transform to Alkaiser despite human and mystics in party codes be ported too.

gbtm
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by gbtm »

Inf HP/LP/JP Etc.. would be good enough to make game fun and enjoy the story IMO
on PS1 i use those above and custom tech and this game is 100/100 already :D

Sekoria
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Sekoria »

If it can help, in Romancing Saga 3, each monster "difficulty" was around the address of its HP. Setting the difficulty to a high amount enabled me to learn techniques really fast.

ephemeral9
Cheater
Cheater

Post by ephemeral9 »

rkuzunoha wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:36 am
The game is tricky to edit since everything progresses with your character so if you edit ur stats then the enemy wont level with you, so if you edit everything to 99 then the enemies gonna stay the basic enemies for the rest of the game with the exception of Bosses n scripted encounters. Better to edit the Stat-up value n Spark value instead, as well as Mec Self-Development success chance/Mec Download success chance/Monster PC Ability Absorption success chance/Skip the Spark Talent check/Item drop success chance/Monster can change skills for easier monster growth. You can find the text to the ps1 codes at gamefaqs
[Link]
[Link]

Edit: Also editing all magic for Blue is counter-productive since he gets a different set Magic skills that no other character can get that is the Life magic skills, with the exception of Zozma with the Evil magic skills
Edit 2: There are codes to bypass the 99 limit stats up to 255 as well as bypass Hp limit to byte limit. If not to much to ask can Red transform to Alkaiser despite human and mystics in party codes be ported too.
Also to add to this, there's a lot of info about values and other things at [Link] .

I'll be messing around in Asellus's story to see if I can't find the 'Change Mystics to Half-Mystics' code, as that just changes their overall race (and works, not sure if you can seal/reequip the mysticx skills though, that might have been part of the Monsters can Seal/Re-Equip Abilities code).

Battle Rank should be fairly easy to find as well, I'll have to look at that.

Edit: I forgot to mention, Stat-Up values are only for the monster in the first slot, that's what the game picks up. Spark values are there for each monster in battle with your characters.

Edit2: Just found Gen's stat block by searching for WP and found that - overall so far - the character block data is structured like it was before.
Potential Storyline Spoiler
I changed his race to half-mystic and he gained faeblade after the battle, which can be sealed and reequipped normally.