Ask about cheats/tables for single player games here
Dimensionist
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: [Request] Colony Ship: A Post-Earth Role Playing Game

Post by Dimensionist »

Contralto wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:01 pm
Fun game though, hoping Iron Tower doesn't cheap out on the ending and cut development early like they did with Zombie State.
? What's Zombie State?

Anyway, besides using cheat engine, you can also use a save editor to hack the values. You can't change much, but as long as one of your character's feat points is greater than 0, you can change said character's feat points. More importantly, there's inventory editing - give yourself thousands of ammo and Training Tokens and go wild, the only restriction is that you need to have one of the item in the inventory, because it's not a very good save editor due to it being overly broad.

Look up Okutno's save editor to see what I'm talking about.

Contralto
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Contralto »

Dimensionist wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:12 pm
Contralto wrote:
Fun game though, hoping Iron Tower doesn't cheap out on the ending and cut development early like they did with Zombie State.
? What's Zombie State?
My bad, I meant Dead State. It was their first game, and had the makings of one of my favorite games, but they decided they were done and ended up cutting out the really good ending that they could have had. They started out as "Double Bear" studios, but if you watch the trailer, it says Iron Tower

CaptainAbraxos
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by CaptainAbraxos »

I'd love a way to get stats above the softcap of 10 in character creation, anyone know how to achieve this? I tried the standard search for stat values in character creation and then search for the values. Found them succesfully, changed them to 15-16, but they dont update untill you change a stat, and cap out at 10. Increasing the stats another way would also be fine, any tips?

BrooklynKnight
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by BrooklynKnight »

Has anyone been able to make a working table for this game?

Enki
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Enki »

While finding the AP value using the usual means is easy, as soon as you save/load/change are (fast travel), you have to do it again. And some encounters, you may not have enough time to do it before one of your crew dies. So something semi-automatic would be nice. Unfortunately, my CH scripting skills are nonexistent.

abbo1993
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by abbo1993 »

Has anybody managed to get around the skill cap at character creation? I can't get skills higher than 2.

bitpork
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by bitpork »

abbo1993 wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:55 am
Has anybody managed to get around the skill cap at character creation? I can't get skills higher than 2.
You do not need. Save the game and You can edit the file with a hex editor and make all skills 100 or even 221.

FlipFloppy
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by FlipFloppy »

*Edit 1 - Feat Points

Save game edit method with HexEdit.

Main stats
Tagged skills
Skill XP
*Feat Points

Open save game, then:

Find char name, entry followed by bunch of dots, that's what gets edited. The tiny view arrows at the top, Grouping, Offset, Column. Set columns to 20. Set offset view until main stats are column 1. This makes easy to find and edit the other stuff. Set main stats to A. Assuming main stats start at row 1, end at row 6. Skill XP/tagged skills starts at row 7, as follows.

Skill XP, row 7 to 12 and row 15 to 26, column 9 and 10. Set to FFFF.
Tagged skills, same rows as skill XP, column 13. Set to 1.

*Feat Points

The entry "Feat Points" will appear in save game if char has at least one feat point, as follows. Search for text Feat Points.

About 30 rows up from bunch of dots with char name, where:
Feat Points...Int Property...11th byte after the y in Property. Set to FF.

Close, save, load game. Bob's your uncle.

Ahhdam
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Ahhdam »

Anyone figure out how to add more Tag skills?

Attributes, Money, Skills, Feats, Experience etc. are all really easy to modify. Just scan for the current value, change it, scan again, repeat. I haven't found an easy way to affect Tag skills, and I have no idea how to use HexEdit. Cheers

Rebelicious
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Rebelicious »

Yeah it's getting close to full release, would love to see something proper for this.

Rebelicious
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Rebelicious »

Dimensionist wrote:
Contralto wrote:
? What's Zombie State?

Anyway, besides using cheat engine, you can also use a save editor to hack the values. You can't change much, but as long as one of your character's feat points is greater than 0, you can change said character's feat points. More importantly, there's inventory editing - give yourself thousands of ammo and Training Tokens and go wild, the only restriction is that you need to have one of the item in the inventory, because it's not a very good save editor due to it being overly broad.

How do you even figure out which entry corresponds to which item?

Dimensionist
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Dimensionist »

Rebelicious wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:20 pm
Dimensionist wrote:
Contralto wrote:
? What's Zombie State?

How do you even figure out which entry corresponds to which item?
Use AutoSort in the game to sort the inventory. After that, the items in the save editor will be numbered in order (left to right, top to bottom). Example, say you have a rifle in the top left of your 'ALL' version of inventory after sorting, then a pistol to the right of it, and so on and so forth. The items in the save editor will have rifle as the first one in the inventory, then the pistol the number after that, and so on.

Morbid Views
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Morbid Views »

we need a table for this badly

bill5499
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by bill5499 »

Dimensionist wrote:
Contralto wrote:
? What's Zombie State?

What's the value for the training token do you know? I'm trying to use the save editor but I don't know which is the value

toydefenser
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by toydefenser »

plz up