{REQUEST} Octopath Traveler (Windows store/ game pass)

Ask about cheats/tables for single player games here
Nexusxcj313
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

{REQUEST} Octopath Traveler (Windows store/ game pass)

Post by Nexusxcj313 »

The current trainer just crashes the game.

[Link]

FFWhited
Noobzor
Noobzor

Re: {REQUEST} Octopath Traveler (Windows store/ game pass)

Post by FFWhited »

^ Upvoted. Even if someone can alter the Steam version for windows, that would be awesome.

Rhark
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Rhark »

Nexusxcj313 wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:32 am
The current trainer just crashes the game.

[Link]
That is due to it being for Steam and not for XGP.

kajih
Cheater
Cheater

Post by kajih »

Unfortunately from what I've gathered so far, the Steam version is too different from this version to adapt that script over easily. All the pointers need to be found from scratch. Not only do the base pointers don't match but every offset is different as well, this means that the code was changed quite drastically from the steam version and just finding the same base addresses won't do. If you find the base addresses + proper offsets you can re-use the same LUA scripts and just change update the information accordingly.

I've even attempted to find proper opcodes for AOBScans instead of using pointers, but this proves annoyingly difficult as all the code goes through the VCCRuntime dll (as with many Unreal Engine games). I've attempted to backtrace from that DLL but I haven't been able to reach the main code as the breakpoints end up crashing the game.

So I've started building new pointers on my end but finding them is always a tedious process. I won't share what I have just yet because it's not that useful anyway (Only found data for 2 characters and Battle pointers only found for a 2 person party). I'll try to work on it some more during the week and if no one posts a new table here, I'll post mine.

Andriyy
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Andriyy »

kajih wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:55 pm
I'll try to work on it some more during the week and if no one posts a new table here, I'll post mine.
I'd really appreciate that, thanks dude!

Limejelly1025
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Limejelly1025 »

is it possible to find achievement unlock address? Finding all chest, all weak points, all asking... these achivements are too hard

kajih
Cheater
Cheater

Post by kajih »

Alright, here we go. First off I want to mention that I really quite dislike using pointers, they tend to be inaccurate so we'll probably have to do some testing, if it turns out that none of these work for you then I'll probably just give up :p

Now this is the first version I am uploading so its not 100% complete but here is what I have included in this version:
1 - One hit kill script - This script will parse enemies that are active on screen and set their hp to 1, so essentially any hit will kill them.
2 - Pointer for Money - you can set it to the amount you want, should see the change by closing the menu and re-opening.
3 - All character pointers and battle pointers - The battle pointers obviously only get generated with data once a battle starts, you can manipulate the data but DO NOT LOCK THESE VALUES. The end addresses are re-used after the battles are done and locking them out of battle can lead to crashes. I am using this pointer data to write scripts, you can play with these but you've been warned about the crashing.

What I have planned:
I am planning on writing just four more scripts:
1 - unlimited HP for PCs in battle
2 - unlimited SP for PCs in battle
3 - unlimted BP for PCs in battle
4 - no encounters

These scripts will take a bit more time. There seems to have been a change from the steam version whereas the HP and SP is removed from the character at the same time the amounts are removed in battle, in the steam version the amounts were removed after the battle from what I can tell. This means i have to write a new script that checks the player pointers and battle pointers as opposed to just updating the battle pointers.

As for the no encounters script, I need to get a post game item in order to find the flag, which means I actually have to complete the game (bleh) but I want to unlock the achievements so... brings me to my last point. Finding values for achievements are always next to impossible and given a myriad of issues doing so with non mono based games I won't bother with that, besides these achievements are not that hard, perhaps a bit grindy but def not that hard.

Anyway, do let me know if you have any issues with that is in the attached table, I would actually really like to know if the Pointers populate properly, that's what I'm most interested as feedback, if these pointers don't work on your end then I might have to drop further releases, so please let me know if they get populated with the proper data. And as always please leave a like if you wish. :)

OctopathTraveler_byKajih_v09.ct
(664.12 KiB) Downloaded 551 times

kajih
Cheater
Cheater

Post by kajih »

Added:
Infinite HP Script
Infinite SP Script
Infinite BP Script

This should work for the 4 main party members, it doesn't check the values for any summoned character, I really didn't think that mattered much so I just ignored it. If I ever get to complete the game and do the post-game stuff, I'll try to figure out the no encounter flag. No idea how long that'll be though.

OctopathTraveler_byKajih_v1_0.ct
(673.82 KiB) Downloaded 202 times
EDIT: cleaned up the test code, re-uploaded the file without that LUA pop up on opening.

kajih
Cheater
Cheater

Post by kajih »

Right, I made an error in my last table where I was not error checking for null addresses before accessing them and this led to crashing whenever changing map or getting into battle. I think I fixed everything in this version. Sorry, I had to quickly learn LUA syntax to complete these scripts and I am still in the process of doing that. soooo my bad. :mrgreen:

OctopathTraveler_byKajih_v1_1.ct
Changes : Proper checking null addresses before access (fixed them booboos)
(679.96 KiB) Downloaded 129 times

kajih
Cheater
Cheater

Post by kajih »

Quick Update. Fixed a few issues

1 - Fixed a Crash when using Tressa, where the character level was being replaced by the maxHP.
*note: if you used the previous table and had Tressa and saved, you might have to adjust the character level using the pointers to lower than 99 to avoid more crashes.

2 - Fixed an issue where bonuses to MaxHP and MaxSP (usually with an item) would not count when reading MaxHP and MaxSP to replace current values.

3 - Few more minor changes and checks to avoid map change crashes.

OctopathTraveler_byKajih_v1_2.ct
(680.67 KiB) Downloaded 186 times

Grongon
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Grongon »

Hi. Thanks for all your hard work getting a gamepass version working I really appreciate it! The latest build has issue though when I try to turn on infinite SP it pops up with this
Error:[string "local syntaxcheck,memrec=... ..."]:27: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value (local 'BaseMaxSP')
Something also caused a crash on area transition the only two things I had on were Infinite SP and Infinite BP. Well hope that helps and good luck.

kajih
Cheater
Cheater

Post by kajih »

Yup, I am working on that, easy fix for the error message but I am pressed for time right now so I'll have another release later tonight that fixes crashes related to inf hp, sp and bp.

kajih
Cheater
Cheater

Post by kajih »

Ok here we go. There are no new additions to this version, just some more error checking prior to accessing some values. Anytime a game crashes it is most likely always related to an access violation, so I fixed some issues with my code regarding the infinite scripts that did have some access violation issues. I still need to review the unlimited health and unlimited SP but any occurrences of crashing should be rare (if any).

Now because these scripts work like if you would have locked a value (essentially it is continuously replacing values) then it is entirely possible to get your characters one-shoted and considered "Dead" even if the HP looks full. This is because the health reaches 0, then the flag for a dead character is set to true (I have yet to find this flag btw), and then the health is set back to full by my script. It's annoying, but it is what it is. I might find a way to fix that or I may just not bother with it.

EDIT: oh! I also fixed that issues with those LUA error messages popping, which incidentally led me to fixing an access issue at the same time :mrgreen:

I'll continue testing while I play and post any updates/fixes as I work on them. Meanwhile, on to version 1.3

OctopathTraveler_byKajih_v1_3.ct
Fixed more access violation issues when replacing HP, SP and BP values that led to game crashing.
(681.62 KiB) Downloaded 716 times

Xeddicus
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Xeddicus »

Thanks for the table! If you could get steal 100% working that be handy.

Limejelly1025
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Limejelly1025 »

Thabks for table i will try it when i am home