[REQUEST]Loop Hero

Ask about cheats/tables for single player games here
tundra7354
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

[REQUEST]Loop Hero

Post by tundra7354 »

Easy game, in demo state atm but system carries over to live. Curious what can be done with it.. and yes i attempted this myself but i can only do real basic editing.

---Official info---
Game Name: Loop Hero
Game Engine: Steam
Game Version: 02.22(soon to be updated)
Options Requested: Resource Management Capabilities, Inf HP, Stat Change possibilities.
Steam Website:
Other Info: Game launches live on the 4th of March, but Demo info transfers over
Last edited by tundra7354 on Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

vfor5
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: [REQUEST]Loop Hero

Post by vfor5 »

hp is in double.
and i think its enough to break the game early.

rudm09
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by rudm09 »

i also would like an table for this game!

ptna9000
Cheater
Cheater

Post by ptna9000 »

The game's engine is GameMaker Studio.
I'm trying to hack the resources, came across some shared functions but I'm still trying to make sense out of assembler. There seems to be a CALL function so messing with XMM registers directly doesn't work/crashes the game.

I'm still learning the ropes with assembler so I can't promise anything but maybe someone knowledgeable can make short work of it.

Definitely willing to learn if someone wants to lend a hand, otherwise I'll see what I can manage to put up.

ToiletCobra
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by ToiletCobra »

Searching for Doubles works for HP & XP, so all's well there. But I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck speedhacking this program? The demo version worked somewhat, but I haven't been able to speed up the full game at all, and it runs a bit slow for my taste even on the x2 mode.

If anyone has any insight it'd be appreciated. I'm a relative beginner so if there's a trick to it beyond the obvious I don't know it.

vfor5
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by vfor5 »

ToiletCobra wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:23 am
Searching for Doubles works for HP & XP, so all's well there. But I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck speedhacking this program? The demo version worked somewhat, but I haven't been able to speed up the full game at all, and it runs a bit slow for my taste even on the x2 mode.

If anyone has any insight it'd be appreciated. I'm a relative beginner so if there's a trick to it beyond the obvious I don't know it.
im somewhat has no problem on speedhacking the full game using CE's built in speedhack.
and skeleton level's is in double too, if you're using necromancer, an alt to 1 shot kill the mobs.

Raticus79
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Raticus79 »

There's an INI file you can edit to change item stat values, base hero stats and other game parameters.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Loop Hero\variables.ini

[items] at the beginning has all the item roll multipliers.

For fast attacks, increase these two:
ATTSPD_BASE
STAMINA_PERSEC

Movement speed:
herospd

etc

Reducing the remember_need values make it faster to spawn bosses, for example 10, 15, 20, 25.

Changing the file shows a message "INI has been changed" in the lower right where the version would be, but it doesn't disable achievements.
Last edited by Raticus79 on Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

runejade
Cheater
Cheater

Post by runejade »

is there a line that refrences loot level in there?
nvm, i found it.
Last edited by runejade on Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Raticus79
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Raticus79 »

runejade wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:13 pm
is there a line that refrences loot level in there?
Changing the item_chance like this made the majority of drops orange. Item quality is a roll from 1-100 and if you beat the value here, you get that level, so like 97% of the items become orange. This doesn't help rogue as much.

Code: Select all

[item_chance]

0blue=1
0yellow=2
0orange=3; quest/chest

1blue=1
1yellow=2
1orange=3

2blue=1
2yellow=2
2orange=3

3blue=1
3yellow=2
3orange=3

4blue=1
4yellow=2
4orange=3

5blue=1
5yellow=2
5orange=3
Individual enemy lines later on have an _item_bonuslevel property that makes their drops relatively higher or lower level, but there's a lot of them to edit. This section's a good resource for people just wondering about loot quality for different enemies in general.

For slimes for example, this makes the item level something like 10x your loop level.
slime_item_chance=50
slime_item_bonuslevel=100
(edit: setting the item chance to 100 makes it so you never get cards - guess a card drop is the fallback if you fail the item chance)

You can also edit the perks, so for example getting 100% chance to keep your card with no_lost_card=100. Good chance here for modders to make the bonuses more significant since people commented that they didn't make much of a difference.

aSwedishMagyar
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by aSwedishMagyar »

Made a quick table here. Let me know if it works for you.

MadQuila
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by MadQuila »

aSwedishMagyar wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:57 pm
Made a quick table here. Let me know if it works for you.
Thank You soo Much!

Kerus
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Kerus »

ToiletCobra wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:23 am

Speed hack is super easy. Find the "variables.ini" fle in the game folder.
search "game_speed", the default number is 60, so set it to 300, it will be 5x speed.