Minecraft Java 1.16.4 Seed

Ask about cheats/tables for single player games here
Alias
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Minecraft Java 1.16.4 Seed

Post by Alias »

I have been trying to find a static pointer to the current world played in Minecraft.

The traditional method of scanning (i.e. changing values and rescanning to narrow down the search to an address containing the seed value) does not seem to work.

What I have been trying to do instead is, upon selecting the Minecraft java process:

1. scan for a random and easy to remember value (say 123123123)
2. if this value exists in an address, try with another value until there is no such existing value
3. use this value as a seed to create a new world
4. scan for this value

Now logically, all the addresses showing up should contain the value corresponding to the seed.

I then would try to quit the world and create a new one with another seed (say 321321321) and would perform another scan using that value, but it always turns out that nothing corresponds to it. However, when restarting a search with that value, many different addresses show up.

Is there a way to figure out a static pointer such that it consistently gives you the seed for the current world you are playing on?

Delth
Cheater
Cheater

Re: Minecraft Java 1.16.4 Seed

Post by Delth »

Is this a cheating excercise or is there a reason you need that info? Because you can just print current world seed in the chat window via /seed command, doesn't even require cheats to be enabled.

Alias
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: Minecraft Java 1.16.4 Seed

Post by Alias »

It is mostly a cheating exercise and I would like a mean of extracting the seed without having to write that command :)