Bugamashoo
Noobzor
Noobzor

[PAID] [REQUEST] Event Horizon (Steam) v1.9.1

Post by Bugamashoo »

Game Name: Event Horizon
Game Engine: Unity
Game Version: 1.9.1
Options Required: I will be happy with something as simple as the health value for the current ship. That is all.
Steam Website:
Other Info: I am an intermediate at cheat engine, but I have never seen anything like this game before. I fail to be able to find a single correct address for any of the in game values. So I am requesting your help, anyone and everyone who is willing to take on this challenge. I only need a single value in the table. If you are an expert and you are certain you can fulfill this, let me know and I will gift you the game on steam, as well as pay you an additional $6 upon verification that the table works. My apologies that it isn't more, I am low on funds at the moment. I look forward to working with you pros, and it might provide a fun challenge!

Thanks in advance,
~Buga

aSwedishMagyar
Table Makers
Table Makers

Re: [PAID] [REQUEST] Event Horizon (Steam) v1.9.1

Post by aSwedishMagyar »

If it is using Unity then chances are you can enable mono and dissect to find some functions that correspond to health. Go to 'Mono' ->'Activate mono features'->'Dissect mono'. Then just browse through the Assembly-CSharp to find a class you think would affect or access health. Be sure to also check through the 'fields' and see if one of them is health. Then maybe you can find a function in that class that you can modify to fit your needs.

Bugamashoo
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Bugamashoo »

aSwedishMagyar wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:34 am
If it is using Unity then chances are you can enable mono and dissect to find some functions that correspond to health. Go to 'Mono' ->'Activate mono features'->'Dissect mono'. Then just browse through the Assembly-CSharp to find a class you think would affect or access health. Be sure to also check through the 'fields' and see if one of them is health. Then maybe you can find a function in that class that you can modify to fit your needs.
I checked through that initially in my own testing, but I was unable to figure out how to use the values I found. Should I attempt to execute a method? I experimented with that but it asked me for an input parameter, and I was unsure which value to use. Thanks for helping so far!

aSwedishMagyar
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by aSwedishMagyar »

Before you do that I would recommend becoming familiar with the rest of the game in terms of mono. It becomes second nature if you've seen a few and make the connection between C# function elements and the assembly code that is generated from it (ex. knowing which register will store the returned value, starting at the beginning of an assembly function and checking the registers for the passed in components). Those items you find in Assembly-CSharp are all classes and they have their own associated functions or methods. When you find an 'instance' of a class, you can use lua to invoke one of its methods.

To check if the address is a base for a class, go to the disassembly screen, hit CTRL+D and paste the address into the window and create the structure. If mono is enabled and the address is an instance of the class, it will populate with all of the fields for that class. You could even stop there and just make a list of pointers that will have a base you pull from the opcode if that's all you wanted.

Don't hesitate to go over to the Cheat Engine Wiki and figure out exactly what you need. For your case use: [Link]

Bugamashoo
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Bugamashoo »

Oh my gosh this is so helpful, thank you so much!!!

nukers1
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by nukers1 »

does this work to find the credits value or?