Cheater
Cheater

Re: Legends of Idleon

Post by warhuntsius »

notpikachu wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 8:42 am
warhuntsius wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 9:23 am
Any advice on what software you used, or where I may have tripped up? I am thinking it is simply 7zip not compressing or unpacking correctly tbh
You need to uses 7zip asar plugin for it to work correctly. Read the installation part. I did a quick test and can open it without a problem.
[Link]
Not trying to be rude, but I stated that I had done that and that opening it wasn't an issue.

warhuntsius
Cheater
Cheater

Post by warhuntsius »

can't edit the post whilst waiting moderation, so sorry for double post. but do you mean you could open the .exe successfully after going through everything I said I done?

SpokenSoftly
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by SpokenSoftly »

chase123789 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 8:53 am
notpikachu wrote:
warhuntsius wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 9:23 am
Any advice on what software you used, or where I may have tripped up? I am thinking it is simply 7zip not compressing or unpacking correctly tbh
You need to uses 7zip asar plugin for it to work correctly. Read the installation part. I did a quick test and can open it without a problem.
[Link]
So once opened, do you think it would be difficult to edit the game file in order to do the things the other person mentioned in the thread if you have no file coding experience?
If you have time and look for variables that might work, you could find them via trial and error or educated guesswork based on how they're referred to. It is, however, a quite large block of text with absolutely no line breaks.

It'd be quite nice if someone would post the names of the variables to edit for various things.

warhuntsius
Cheater
Cheater

Post by warhuntsius »

SpokenSoftly wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 1:21 pm
chase123789 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 8:53 am
notpikachu wrote:

[Link]
So once opened, do you think it would be difficult to edit the game file in order to do the things the other person mentioned in the thread if you have no file coding experience?
If you have time and look for variables that might work, you could find them via trial and error or educated guesswork based on how they're referred to. It is, however, a quite large block of text with absolutely no line breaks.

It'd be quite nice if someone would post the names of the variables to edit for various things.
Bear in mind if you are going to try, you can unminify the code, which makes it infinitely more readable. Although note that you'll still have to edit the minified code and pack that back up. The unminified is solely for finding bits so you can 'CTRL+F' the main file.

notpikachu
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by notpikachu »

warhuntsius wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 9:47 am
can't edit the post whilst waiting moderation, so sorry for double post. but do you mean you could open the .exe successfully after going through everything I said I done?
yes, just drag n drop.
Different size still can open 8-) .
Edit1: How bout clearing the game files and reinstalling it with steam.
SpokenSoftly wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 1:21 pm

Not an actually what variables to search but here's the text version that doesn't give your eyes cancer.
[Link]
password:pikapika
Edit1: The text file is just a reference, you probably still need the clunky one to replaced.
Edit2: ABOOBA says it's fine to replace it with the clean version, didn't test it before. cool~
Last edited by notpikachu on Fri May 07, 2021 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

warhuntsius
Cheater
Cheater

Post by warhuntsius »

notpikachu wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 2:51 pm
yes, just drag n drop.
Different size still can open 8-) .
Then why on earth is it not working for me. When I repack it (using 7zip) it goes to like 90k+. Even with no edits.

1) Open app.asar using 7zip.
2) Unpack to wherever (usually the same folder)
3) Locate .js file, edit, save. I do this with Notepad++
4) Repack all files/folders that came in app.asar, back to an .asar file using 7zip.
5) Rename app.asar, and new .asar file accordingly (app.asar -> app-REAL.asar, app-edited.asar -> app.asar) and make sure it's in right folder
6) Boot game, steam launch window.... dead.

It's baffling

dae
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by dae »

You don't need to repack the app.asar file.
Just extract it in a folder called "app", and do all your modifications there in the pretty printed Z.js file.
Then you can delete or rename the app.asar file, and game runs fine.
It really speeds up the modification/experimentation cycle.

chase123789
Cheater
Cheater

Post by chase123789 »

ty ty, i figured out how to open to file now, but yeah the block of text is gross and what strings would i look for in order to do things like make everything free and what not? (if anyone knows)

warhuntsius
Cheater
Cheater

Post by warhuntsius »

dae wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 3:49 pm
Just extract it in a folder called "app", and do all your modifications there in the pretty printed Z.js file.
I'll give that a go, but that doesn't sound right at all.

EDIT: OK, cool, it does. Wow. Cheers

chase123789
Cheater
Cheater

Post by chase123789 »

warhuntsius wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 5:07 pm
dae wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 3:49 pm
I'll give that a go, but that doesn't sound right at all.

EDIT: OK, cool, it does. Wow. Cheers
so where did you find the editable values in notepad++ for the game? like which line / string

ABOOBA
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by ABOOBA »

notpikachu wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 2:51 pm
The text file is just a reference, you probably still need the clunky one to replaced.
I tried swaping the "reference" with the original Z.js and it worked just fine

dae
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by dae »

chase123789 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 4:18 pm
ty ty, i figured out how to open to file now, but yeah the block of text is gross and what strings would i look for in order to do things like make everything free and what not? (if anyone knows)
Places of interest:
"ItemToCraftCostTYPE = function" - change crafting requirements of recipes
"MTXinfo = function" - change gem prices in the gem shop
"atkMoveMap = new p" - change attack properties like cooldown, manacost etc
".MonsterDrops = function" - change the drop tables of monsters, e.g., just make the first map monsters drop whatever you need in any quantity you need
"monsterDefs = new p" - change monster properties like exp per kill, hitpoints, attack, defense, respawn times

chase123789
Cheater
Cheater

Post by chase123789 »

So basically, if we had the Item ID names, as in the farmers brims name in the js file is "EquipmentHats1" then we could essentially purchase any item from the gem shop for any price. Its just you would have to go through and figure out what name is associated with what hat etc..

dae
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by dae »

chase123789 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 8:12 am
So basically, if we had the Item ID names, as in the farmers brims name in the js file is "EquipmentHats1" then we could essentially purchase any item from the gem shop for any price. Its just you would have to go through and figure out what name is associated with what hat etc..
You can find the item ids. You need to search by item name, where spaces are replaced by an underscore.
If you want to find "Gold Helmet", you need to search for "Gold_Helmet".
You should find a code block, which contains ks.setReserved("displayName", "Gold_Helmet"). Then there is a bunch of code that defines all the attributes. At the end of the block there is a line that adds the created item definition object to the item definition collection and assigns it the id y.addNewEquip("EquipmentHats28", Qs). So the item id of "Gold Helmet" is "EquipmentHats28".

chase123789
Cheater
Cheater

Post by chase123789 »

dae wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 1:11 pm
chase123789 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 8:12 am
You can find the item ids. You need to search by item name, where spaces are replaced by an underscore.
If you want to find "Gold Helmet", you need to search for "Gold_Helmet".
You should find a code block, which contains ks.setReserved("displayName", "Gold_Helmet"). Then there is a bunch of code that defines all the attributes. At the end of the block there is a line that adds the created item definition object to the item definition collection and assigns it the id y.addNewEquip("EquipmentHats28", Qs). So the item id of "Gold Helmet" is "EquipmentHats28".
i see i see, so do you think you can edit the attributes of a helmet in that string and then get the helmet ingame with those attributes then change it back and your helmet will basically have the edited attributes?