Ask about cheats/tables for single player games here
kalitbartman
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: [REQUEST/HELP] Baldurs gate 3.

Post by kalitbartman »

Blackhuskyy wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:19 pm
Hee I was looking for baldurs gate 3 trainer, specifically looking for ways too change attributes points, tried it character creation with cheat engine but it wont work for me I HAVE to be on 27 points nothing lower or higher really annoying if someone could make a trainer for this it would be really appreciated, OR help me get max stats character creation not looking for 999 stats but more an edge.
if you find the address for the points but leave it as it is then use the 27 points so they go to 0 then create your character then when playing change the points from 0 to whatever you want will that work

or you could find the address for the stats then change them instead

xICEMANx117
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by xICEMANx117 »

tfigment wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:20 pm
Can only speak for myself, I do plan on updating the table eventually unless someone comes out with better table (which is likely). Unfortunately, time is my most precious resource and have limited amounts of that to work on this. Just to find those addresses took several hours of many failed paths before that one came up. In between I have to work and sleep so it will be a while before I can work on it again so please be patient.

Regarding those Debug functions, I could not find anything useful in that area. Looks like its a registration table for the functions but its only mapping id to function name + help. Need to figure out how to enable console first. Maybe binding of id to function is in the memory around or in code around this function but I couldn't find it.

I will need to probably advance in the game itself to be productive in finding other functions like the inventory stack size, spell counts left, xp, and hp which are probably next things I'd look at.
Blackhuskyy wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:18 pm
I guess not playing an magic class for now :C.
Is that only wizard. Cleric and Warlock just have spell counts right?
I did try it with a warlock and can level up normally for some reason

Khim
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Khim »

Kokuto wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:39 pm
Anyone figure out how to alter the stack of gold in the inventory?
It's just 4 byte, when you get to the first trader, just sell something, get gold, search for the amount sell something again and search for the new amount. You will get about 10 hits which are the same value for the amount of gold you have, then it's just changing them one after the other to see which one of them is the "real gold amount". For me it was the one at the bottom.

Probably a wrong and very crude way to do it, but it works.

ererruz
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by ererruz »

tfigment wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:20 pm
Is that only wizard. Cleric and Warlock just have spell counts right?
It's because the wizard needs to prepare his spells from among those he knows. If they haven't changed anything from D&D rules, INT 30 gives you 10+(your wizard level) of spells prepared, so at 2nd level you need to have 12 spells in your spell book to prepare. It's similar with cleric but clerics automatically know all their spells of the levels they can cast. So if there's 12 1st level cleric spells in the game, then it shouldn't affect the cleric. But I don't remember how many cleric spells there are...

Warlocks, arcane tricksters, eldritch knights, and rangers, all operate on a "known spells" basis, i.e. they have only few spells known and they don't prepare their spells so it won't affect them.

affenasm
Cheater
Cheater

Post by affenasm »

Kokuto wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:39 pm
Anyone figure out how to alter the stack of gold in the inventory?
thats easy ...just search for it...and split your stash -1 and search again for the value..

affenasm
Cheater
Cheater

Post by affenasm »

was able to freeze health..but appearently there are instadeath/knockout mechanics.

ererruz
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by ererruz »

ererruz wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:28 pm

It's because the wizard needs to prepare his spells from among those he knows. If they haven't changed anything from D&D rules, INT 30 gives you 10+(your wizard level) of spells prepared, so at 2nd level you need to have 12 spells in your spell book to prepare. It's similar with cleric but clerics automatically know all their spells of the levels they can cast. So if there's 12 1st level cleric spells in the game, then it shouldn't affect the cleric. But I don't remember how many cleric spells there are...

Warlocks, arcane tricksters, eldritch knights, and rangers, all operate on a "known spells" basis, i.e. they have only few spells known and they don't prepare their spells so it won't affect them.
I just checked my cleric and it will affect them as well if you put WIS 30 or more as there are only 10 cleric spells at 1st level + your 2 domain spells you've got always prepared. Putting WIS 26 should let you level up if you're Light or Trickery domain cleric. With Life it'll need to be 22 (+6 modifier) as you get two cleric spells always prepared so you'll run out of spells to prepare faster.

demeadri
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by demeadri »

where is the download link to the table please?

hal9000
Cheater
Cheater

Post by hal9000 »

Exp is really easy to find when you're still on the mindflayer's ship since there are a lot of helpless thralls that you can effortlessly slaughter to change the value (4bytes)... Curiously if you add the exp all at once you can go over the supposed LVL4-cap of the beta but you won't get new talents, the only things that keep scaling are the HP and the spell slots.
This means that you can effectively create a juggernaut with a ton of life that can basically tank any enemy on the map! :-D
Unfortunately if you are playing a spell-caster this method is limited by the number of spells currently present since the game doesn't allow you to complete the level-up unless you have selected new spells (if I remember correctly for my wizard the maximum that I've reached before not having any new spell to select was LVL7).

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

Meanwhile, I've started this: viewtopic.php?p=157768#p157768.

blazerules
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by blazerules »

Honestly what I'd like to see is something that makes you always roll a 20, or lowers the requirement to 1. Even with 30 in all stats you can still fail rolls after all.

hal9000
Cheater
Cheater

Post by hal9000 »

blazerules wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:34 pm
Honestly what I'd like to see is something that makes you always roll a 20, or lowers the requirement to 1. Even with 30 in all stats you can still fail rolls after all.

How did you managed to raise stats? I've tried to track and fix the points spent in the character creation screen but it wouldn't let me complete it because I had spent more than the 27 point that they give you

blazerules
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by blazerules »

I used the provided method.

I got each stats address that I wanted. Then, all at once, set them to 22 (which would be 30). And hit venture forth. I didnt let it update.

The number is set but the game doesnt update till after you spawn on the first map. So you never pass the 27 limit.
I'd recommend leaving 2 stats normal so you can level.

OgtheTrog
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by OgtheTrog »

rhoen wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:32 pm
synys91 wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:53 am
zmadruss wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:34 am
snip
snip
I apologize for being such a neophyte but would you be able to tell us your exact search settings per command? Ive been trying to mimic what you wrote but it seems im unable to replicate it.
So, what we're doing is changing the number of points the game thinks we've "invested" into each attribute during character creation.
To do that, max out the attribute you want to change. (Doesn't matter what the total is- if the stat has a bonus it'll be higher but the 'total invested' will still be the same in the end.)
Once it's maxed, search 4byte for '7'. This is the largest amount of points the game lets you invest into any particular skill during character creation. Once you've done that, take 2 points out and then search for '5'. Max it again and search for '7'. Pretty standard stuff.
You should eventually have 5 or 6 entries for your attribute now. You want to change *all* of them, so bring them all down and then shift-select them, double-click value, and set it to what you want.
Change a value in-game to update the in-game values and see if your edit worked.

If you want to do this for all your attributes, go through one-by-one adding the 5-6 entries for each to your codelist (I recommend labeling them). Once you have them all, set all of them to what you want in 1 go and then hit 'Venture Forth'. You should be good.
The reason you do this is because if you have too many points distributed, the game gets confused and doesn't let you 'Venture Forth'. So you're clicking it before the game has a chance to get confused.
Keep in mind, magic-users need to have enough spells to fill their spell-slots and therefore shouldn't have their int/wis maxxed, scroll up for details.
It's also recommended to keep one or two stats 'normal' so you can distribute points normally during level up. Same principle, in a way.

Acleacius
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Acleacius »

Thanks for all the tips, everyone.

As a Wizard, what would be the max Int you could set it for and still level, 24?