is there a version on pc?

galman33
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: [Request] Spelunky 2

Post by galman33 »

SunBeam wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:22 am
^ Game doesn't hide them. The problem is the game sets up a structured exception handler (SEH) and filters hardware breakpoints, so debugging the game either crashes it on some OSes or just doesn't show anything. I've sorted it out with cfemen :) As far as scanning its memory is concerned, that isn't affected. Just keep in mind to scan on BYTE, not word or dword.
Would you mind elaborating on how you managed to connect the debugger without making the game crash? Thanks!

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

I'm using x64dbg with ScyllaHide plugin (setting: VMProtect). Patch the game's EP to infinite loop (EBFE) then let Steam launch it. As soon as process is created, attach the game with x64dbg. Then check Threads > Main. Double-click it and it will land you where the EP loop is (the EBFE). Restore the 2 EP bytes (EBFE to original ones) here and let the game run. You won't experience any crashes going forward, as I believe whatever anti-debug/anti-attach/anti-breakpoint has implemented never gets to hook, as ScyllaHide does it before it can happen :D

If you're going to ask for step by step instructions, then that means you've never used x64dbg. Which isn't something I have time to teach at the moment. Sorry.

galman33
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by galman33 »

SunBeam wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:41 pm
I'm using x64dbg with ScyllaHide plugin (setting: VMProtect). Patch the game's EP to infinite loop (EBFE) then let Steam launch it. As soon as process is created, attach the game with x64dbg. Then check Threads > Main. Double-click it and it will land you where the EP loop is (the EBFE). Restore the 2 EP bytes (EBFE to original ones) here and let the game run. You won't experience any crashes going forward, as I believe whatever anti-debug/anti-attach/anti-breakpoint has implemented never gets to hook, as ScyllaHide does it before it can happen :D

If you're going to ask for step by step instructions, then that means you've never used x64dbg. Which isn't something I have time to teach at the moment. Sorry.
Your answer is great!
I thought that you managed to bypass the anti-debugger using cheat engine itself, but x64dbg is great too, thanks a lot :D

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

You misread. Once you do the above, CE hwbps will work just fine (I always use VEH). No one said you can't debug with CE while attached with x64dbg.. :P The whole deal here is ScyllaHide and not letting the game setup hooks in k32 APIs.. that's all :)

galman33
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by galman33 »

SunBeam wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:56 am
You misread. Once you do the above, CE hwbps will work just fine (I always use VEH). No one said you can't debug with CE while attached with x64dbg.. :P The whole deal here is ScyllaHide and not letting the game setup hooks in k32 APIs.. that's all :)
Would you mind sharing your ScyllaHide options? When using the VMProtect profile the game was throwing ACCESS VIOLATION exceptions. I then unticked ntqueryinformationprocess, which made the game window starts but then immediately terminate..
Thanks!

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

galman33 wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:24 pm