Marvel's Avengers

Ask about cheats/tables for single player games here
Chaos5061
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Marvel's Avengers

Post by Chaos5061 »

Gear Name for regular gear like a piece you buy from roy is a combination of perk names. Like Heavyweight will have something to do with the Heavy Attacks.

Named Legendary's are just that and usually from what I see always has the same perks. The % chance of a perk might roll differently but it is from what I've seen the same perks.

Exotics are just upgrade versions of Named Legendary's with higher stats.

Sevael
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Sevael »

mattdeckard wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:17 am
Have you or anyone else had much success with editing Polychorons? I've tried a few things like upping the value > warping to helicarrier, reloading, doing a mission, earning more etc. and it doesn't appear to have much effect. Tweaking the numbers on other consumables seemed to be working fine, though.
It's working fine for me. When you edit the number, is it not changing on the gear screen if you exit the menu and go back in?

mattdeckard
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by mattdeckard »

Sevael wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:09 pm
mattdeckard wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:17 am
Have you or anyone else had much success with editing Polychorons? I've tried a few things like upping the value > warping to helicarrier, reloading, doing a mission, earning more etc. and it doesn't appear to have much effect. Tweaking the numbers on other consumables seemed to be working fine, though.
It's working fine for me. When you edit the number, is it not changing on the gear screen if you exit the menu and go back in?

That's strange. Yes exactly, i edit the number and there's no difference in-game, even after refreshing the gear screen. What's most odd is that every other consumable on the table works without issue.

The values for the consumables in the image below have all been edited by me, but only the polychoron isn't translating in-game. Have also tried editing the value lower than the amount i currently have (11) but again, doesn't seem to change anything, and have tried both online and offline.

Hope i'm not missing something really obvious

Sevael
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Sevael »

Try completely closing and relaunching the game, then enable the Consumables script and wait a good 10 seconds or so. See if it populates the correct number in there.

I find that sometimes a few of the pointers take longer than others to populate, so you might see some numbers show up first and then others pop in a moment or two later. Also, I have seen pointers break completely with too much loading, forcing the entire game to require restarting before they start working again. Probably just too large a memory shift.

I did some playing around here and one time after a Reload Checkpoint it wouldn't repopulate the Polychorons, plus a couple others. But another Reload Checkpoint fixed it for me.

cloganart
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by cloganart »

Is there any truth to the rumors that people have managed to play as Kate Bishop using the CE?

gunbalde60
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by gunbalde60 »

Sevael wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:29 am
New version of the table that contains pointers to consumables such as Upgrade Modules and DNA Keys.
I made a small discovery, I noticed when loading the table that some of the perks on my gear, instead of loading with Tier 1, 2 or 3 actually had a value on the Quality Small Factor which was 192, the max I was able to increase it to was 255, but it increased all percentages beyond of what the Tier 3 drop down gives you.

You need to go to Set/Change Dropdown selections and remove the checkmark for Disallow Manual User Input.

Captain America
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Captain America »

cloganart wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:01 pm
Is there any truth to the rumors that people have managed to play as Kate Bishop using the CE?
did not find any info about this?

where did you see or hear this?

Sevael
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Sevael »

gunbalde60 wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:12 pm
I made a small discovery, I noticed when loading the table that some of the perks on my gear, instead of loading with Tier 1, 2 or 3 actually had a value on the Quality Small Factor which was 192, the max I was able to increase it to was 255, but it increased all percentages beyond of what the Tier 3 drop down gives you.

You need to go to Set/Change Dropdown selections and remove the checkmark for Disallow Manual User Input.
After going through several hundred gear pieces, I have yet to see anything naturally drop beyond Tier 3.

Is there any chance that the items in question were ones that you had previously edited on an earlier version of the table? The old version of the table allowed for Tier 4 in the dropdown (which equals 192) and that was just speculation on my part – I hadn't actually seen any drop for real. Dozens of game hours and many hundreds of items later, I still haven't seen one so I removed the fourth tier from the dropdown.

Along that same line of thinking, I have been considering dropping the option for a fourth perk and fourth stat from the gear slots since this never occurs naturally.

Captain America
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Anyone got a thor build.

mattdeckard
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by mattdeckard »

Sevael wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:50 pm
Try completely closing and relaunching the game, then enable the Consumables script and wait a good 10 seconds or so. See if it populates the correct number in there.

I find that sometimes a few of the pointers take longer than others to populate, so you might see some numbers show up first and then others pop in a moment or two later. Also, I have seen pointers break completely with too much loading, forcing the entire game to require restarting before they start working again. Probably just too large a memory shift.

I did some playing around here and one time after a Reload Checkpoint it wouldn't repopulate the Polychorons, plus a couple others. But another Reload Checkpoint fixed it for me.
Thanks, have been experimenting with doing this (plus a few full-pc restarts to clear everything out) and interestingly the value in CE stays consistent (250 in this case) but the value in game does not change. I've also tried spending the chorons on an upgrade, and earning more, both of which the game allows, but this doesn't alter the value in CE.

Image below, have not edited anything since setting the value to 250 several game app, CE and pc restarts ago.

Interestingly, i tried seeing what Rhark's trainer in the FR app would do if i turned on infinite resources mode. As you can see from the below, all values in CE except Polychorons changed to 9999 automatically. All consumables ingame, including the polys, also upped to 9999. So perhaps there's a problem with the lookup? I tried redownloading the latest table too to make sure i didn't edit anything by mistake, but same situation.

I didn't save this state, as i'd rather avoid have 9999 of every item, just trying to cut corners with the time-gating and polychorons. In any case, i can live with it if it's an odd quirk with my game file.

Captain America
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

mattdeckard wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:08 pm
Sevael wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:50 pm

Thanks, have been experimenting with doing this (plus a few full-pc restarts to clear everything out) and interestingly the value in CE stays consistent (250 in this case) but the value in game does not change. I've also tried spending the chorons on an upgrade, and earning more, both of which the game allows, but this doesn't alter the value in CE.

Image below, have not edited anything since setting the value to 250 several game app, CE and pc restarts ago.

Interestingly, i tried seeing what Rhark's trainer in the FR app would do if i turned on infinite resources mode. As you can see from the below, all values in CE except Polychorons changed to 9999 automatically. All consumables ingame, including the polys, also upped to 9999. So perhaps there's a problem with the lookup? I tried redownloading the latest table too to make sure i didn't edit anything by mistake, but same situation.

I didn't save this state, as i'd rather avoid have 9999 of every item, just trying to cut corners with the time-gating and polychorons. In any case, i can live with it if it's an odd quirk with my game file.
Polychorons resets to 999 upon restart/after a mission or using. One of those.

Sevael
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Sevael »

mattdeckard wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:08 pm
Interestingly, i tried seeing what Rhark's trainer in the FR app would do if i turned on infinite resources mode. As you can see from the below, all values in CE except Polychorons changed to 9999 automatically. All consumables ingame, including the polys, also upped to 9999. So perhaps there's a problem with the lookup?
I guess it's just the nature of pointers. You could always do a scan for that value, then when found, do a pointer scan and see what results you get.

This game is specifically designed to thwart things like what we are doing. AOB scans that work for me won't work for anyone else, pointers that work for me might work for many others but not everyone, etc. It's frustrating. I can't even find a reliable pointer to the Units currency. It's easy to scan and find the value, but no pointers to it persist through a restart of the game. I had to use an AOB scan which is both slow and probably won't work for anyone else. That's why it's not in the table.

I recommend trying to lock down a Polychoron pointer that works for you and keep it in a separate table to use as needed. Unfortunately, that's about the best that can be done for this game. It has been frustrating to make tables for this one. There may be better ways of doing things, but unfortunately Marvel's Avengers doesn't seem to have interested any of the usual experienced table makers. I'm still really new at this and learning as I go.

mattdeckard
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by mattdeckard »

Understandable, and thanks for all your efforts so far. Good advice on trying to lock down a pointer that works for me, i'll definitely look into that -- as you say, game is designed to stop this kind of rooting around so makes perfect sense it wouldn't work for everybody.

Resources are of secondary importance to me anyway, and i mostly appreciate having the ability via your table (and the collected efforts of others iro the spreadsheet) to edit gear easily!

gunbalde60
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by gunbalde60 »

Sevael wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:37 pm
gunbalde60 wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:12 pm

After going through several hundred gear pieces, I have yet to see anything naturally drop beyond Tier 3.

Is there any chance that the items in question were ones that you had previously edited on an earlier version of the table? The old version of the table allowed for Tier 4 in the dropdown (which equals 192) and that was just speculation on my part – I hadn't actually seen any drop for real. Dozens of game hours and many hundreds of items later, I still haven't seen one so I removed the fourth tier from the dropdown.

Along that same line of thinking, I have been considering dropping the option for a fourth perk and fourth stat from the gear slots since this never occurs naturally.
It was gear I edited before your table manually. The ones I edited with the previous table, were come back as Tier 1 small factor and tier 3 Large Factor. But I wonder if this percentages have be pushed further, I tried messing with Large factor, but have not been able to get an increase.

cloganart
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by cloganart »

Captain America wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:29 pm
cloganart wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:01 pm
did not find any info about this?

where did you see or hear this?
Some guy on /vg/ made the claim that you could play as Kate using CE by changing some values like how you could during Avengers Beta for Thor and Cap. Just checking if there is any visual proof of it.