Shadow Empire

Ask about cheats/tables for single player games here
illusionbreaker
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Shadow Empire

Post by illusionbreaker »

Has anyone figured out how to hack stratagems yet? I.e., I receive a fate stratagem I'd like more copies of, etc, or I want to increase the chance I roll a certain artifact card.
Norian90 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:48 pm
points of fate
resources MAX storage
loyalty of characters
relationship with characters
character skills
1) Fate points can occasionally be found in memory* by searching "fatecardpoints"** (UTF16, case sensitive) and then scrolling up to look for "fp"... there should be a number somewhere after "fp" that matches your fate points.

2) No clue on finding storage values. Just upgrade the storages in the city where your SHQ is located.

3) Loyalty and Relationship are under the Character's name*** but ahead of the Stat block.

4) Not sure how to hack skills reliably. Just give your leaders Capability 5.

Notes:
*As always, try loading save freshly before editing.

**Directly searching for fp yields hundreds of results and is not advised.

***Sometimes the game will occlude part of the last name or first name. 99% of the time searching for last name works, but in the 1% of cases where it doesn't search for first name instead.

Norian90
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Norian90 »

Thank you!
"fatecardpoints" works for me))

I don’t know what I’m doing wrong, but between the name of the character and his stat I don’t see the numbers that match the characters loyalty and relationship, and no matter what changes I make to the numbers that are there, nothing changes ...

edit 15-12-2020

Okay, I tried this and that, and could not find loyalty and relationship, doing this according to the above described methods

"...Step 1: Load a save game. Make a turn..."

But after trying to find the charlist right after loading, I found him, and loyalty and relationship were there ... Also, there are more numbers that are not clear what are responsible in comparison with the previous method. And among them I found three quite interesting ones:

Numbers indicating the multiplier for the starting skill to the ending skill. One for green intelligence skills, one for blue war, one for yellow charisma

If the character is unlucky with attribute or multiplier, and the number less than 10, maximize it will come out to 9.

So I did some experiments:
Spoiler
with a skill of 0, the multiplier of 0 and the attribute of 0 - total will be 0,
with a skill of 0, the multiplier of 0 and the attribute of 9 - total will be 0,
with a skill of 0, the multiplier of 0 and the attribute of 99 - total will be 0,

with a skill of 0, the multiplier of 9 and the attribute of 0 - total will be 5,
with a skill of 0, the multiplier of 9 and the attribute of 9 - total will be 5.
with a skill of 0, the multiplier of 9 and the attribute of 99 - total will be 5.

with a skill of 0, the multiplier of 99 and the attribute of 0 - total will be 50,
with a skill of 0, the multiplier of 99 and the attribute of 9 - total will be 50.
with a skill of 0, the multiplier of 99 and the attribute of 99 - total will be 50.
For example, the fattest skill at the time of the test was with the character Ursus - Investigation 47
Spoiler
with a skill of 47, the multiplier of 0 and the attribute of 0 will be 47,
with a skill of 47, the multiplier of 0 and the attribute of 9 will be 56,
with a skill of 47, the multiplier of 0 and the attribute of 99 will be 146,

with a skill of 47, the multiplier of 9 and the attribute of 0 will be 47,
with a skill of 47, the multiplier of 9 and the attribute of 9 will be 56.
with a skill of 47, the multiplier of 9 and the attribute of 99 will be 146.

with a skill of 47, the multiplier of 99 and the attribute of 0 will be 73,
with a skill of 47, the multiplier of 99 and the attribute of 9 will be 82.
with a skill of 47, the multiplier of 99 and the attribute of 99 will be 172.
From here I can go with assumption:
Spoiler
1) that the multiplier from the attribute works when the skill has at least some value greater than 0
2) that the multiplier from the attribute just adds its value to the skill value
3) the modifier I found did not care about the fact that the skill and attribute can be 0. Damn, how I want to see the calculation formula behind all this ...
4.1) multiplier what i found does not work if the value of the skill is large and the modifier is small
or
4.2) works if the skill value is less than the modifier value
Unfortunately, this multiplier is reset / recalculated after each end/start move, safe/load doesn't do it, so... But if you need a super important roll you can suffer a little to maximize your man.

p.s:
above described method search leader Stats recommends "...Step 4: Switch between "Stats" History" "Compare" "Skill Log" and search again..."
it is so much easier to close the profile of the desired character and open any other, press the next scan and it will filter out up to 4-5 results

p.p.s:
I'm a little confused about how to add screenshots from the PC to the post. I wanted to attach the post with screenshots from the game and what did I change in CEngine...

edit 16-12-2020:

I think I figured out the formula for calculating the Total skill value.
Spoiler
for comfort suppose:
*Total skill = T
*Skill value (from 0 to 100) = X
*Attribute (from 0 to 100) = Y
*The multiplier that I found (from 0 to 100) = Z

A = Y * ( IF ( X=0, 0, 1 ) )
/// if skill 0 then 0, else = attribute
B = IF ( Z-X<=0, 0, ROUNDUP ( (Z-X)/2 ) )
/// if skill greater or equal then multiplier, then 0, else = halved the difference between multiplier and skill is rounded up

T = X + A + B

edit 17-12-2020

p.s: Also I realized that there is one more modifier - from
feats. But since none of my people had any feats that influenced the skills in one way or another, I have no idea how they work. Also with a skill greater than 0 but less than 20, the formula works a little differently, though I still haven't figured out exactly how, or different skills (or skill group) are calculated differently...

A little experimenting and tests, I'm not really sure, but it seems to work like this

A = IF ( X=0, 0, IF ( X<20 , ROUND ( ( Y / 20 ) * X ) , Y ) )
B = IF ( Z-X<=0, 0, ROUNDUP ( (Z-X)/2 ) )
С = feats magic

T = X + A + B + С
edit 17-12-2020

Dealt with screenshots

My man

before editing
Spoiler
after editing attributes, cap, personality, age, loyalty, relationships
Spoiler
after editing multiplier
Spoiler
step by step search
Spoiler
p.s: I don't know what the problem is, I can only see these pictures from my pc. from other devices (laptop, smartphone, work pc ...) I can't.
p.p.s: So, it seems it turned out to be repaired ... Perhaps ...
Last edited by Norian90 on Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:09 pm, edited 22 times in total.

boxerdemon
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by boxerdemon »

illusionbreaker wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:01 pm
boxerdemon wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:53 am
The way the game is coded makes a table unlikely due to its niche status. It's a pain in the ass.
The table would have to scan to find desired addresses every time a player did anything in game, or risk crashing the whole thing. IIRC some CK2 tables work this way.
Fritz1776 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:52 am
Doesn't that require you save and reload every single time? Also, resources are a 4 byte edit? Useful to know, since I wasn't aware you could edit them.
Basic memory hacking 101, works in like 90% of games:
1) Attach CE to process
2) Scan for the resource using 4B value type. You will get a list probably thousands long.
3) Sell/buy 1 resource.
4) Scan for the new value. The list should be shorter. If it yields no results (addresses shifted while you were doing this) try New Scan and doing it again from step 2.
Crusader Kings 2 is also a lot more popular than this game, I reckon.
Fritz1776 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:52 am
boxerdemon wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:53 am
You really don't need one, the methods laid out previously will let you edit everything that needs editing and resources are a simple 4 byte edit. Cash just requires you to get to 999 credits, sell 5 credits' worth or whatever, find the new value then change to 9999 and repeat till you get sick of it. It's just a bitch to do. The way the game is coded makes a table unlikely due to its niche status. It's a pain in the ass.

I may be wrong, though, and someone would have fun making a table for this bitch. It's a fun game, I really like it. My GOTY.
Doesn't that require you save and reload every single time? Also, resources are a 4 byte edit? Useful to know, since I wasn't aware you could edit them.
Nope. Once you manage to get cash to 999, sell 4 credits worth of resources and it will give you 5 credits usually. Then repeat for 1004 credits and change that to 9999. Repeat, sell 4 credits worth of resources and it will usually give you 5 credits. Then search for 10004 and change that to 99999. It works, it's just a bitch to do. You do not need to save and reload, the only thing you really need to do is start a new turn. So if you hire a leader, wait until the next turn before you start trying to fiddle with their stats or you'll wind up editing a leader for another faction or someshit. I have no idea, but whenever I tried to edit stats for a leader without starting a new turn the game would crash or I just wouldn't find what I was looking for in memory view.

Resources are very simple 4 byte search. Buy a unit of metal, search for 1, buy three more units of metal, search for 4, etc. Metal, rare metals, machinery, and hi-tech machinery are the ones that you are allowed to stockpile an unlimited amount. A very simple way to maintain cash flow is to give yourself a crapload of hi-tech machinery and just sell it off whenever you need cash, but the traders run out of money and there is a bit of an economy in place and prices can tank.

Kahnite
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Kahnite »

illusionbreaker wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:56 am
1) Fate points can occasionally be found in memory* by searching "fatecardpoints"** (UTF16, case sensitive) and then scrolling up to look for "fp"... there should be a number somewhere after "fp" that matches your fate points.
I found the ASCII character reflecting the fc (32). Is that what I'm looking for? Not a value of 02?

Note: I used the Vanilla 64 bit version of CE to find this value. The other two versions didn't find the value. Learned something, as the last game I hacked used the 64-bit (SSE4-AVX2) version of CE.

illusionbreaker
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Kahnite wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:51 pm
I found the ASCII character reflecting the fc (32). Is that what I'm looking for? Not a value of 02?

Note: I used the Vanilla 64 bit version of CE to find this value. The other two versions didn't find the value. Learned something, as the last game I hacked used the 64-bit (SSE4-AVX2) version of CE.
My Ghetto Solution in Detail, Image Version

Step 1: Search 'fatecardpoints', case sensitive and UTF-16. Should yield 1 address.

Step 2: Open it in Memory View (right click address, Browse This Memory Region or CTRL-B). Scroll up literally 1 line.

Step 3: Edit the Fate Points after 'fp' (in this case, 23) to your desired value (99 is safe and you probably won't find enough Fate Cards in a playthrough to use up 99 fate points)

Soccorro
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Soccorro »

Thanks for all the effort! :D

I have one more issue. Is there a way to raise the Resource limits for oil, food etc. by using cheatengine?

building depots takes up way too many rounds. :(

Kahnite
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Kahnite »

IB, you do realize you're only changing the GUI readout, not the number of points.

illusionbreaker
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Kahnite wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:30 pm
IB, you do realize you're only changing the GUI readout, not the number of points.
???

It works. Just tested it; started a new game with 1 FP, saved/loaded, hacked the memory to 9 FP, spent 2 cards costing 2 FP each, now at 5 FP.

CaesarCzech
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by CaesarCzech »

Edit: Why the fuck dont credits work ? nor resources i buy or sell some in trade first to ensure its not baked in then start scanning for first value and then spent some and scan and it returns 0 results, i scan in 4 bytes no fast scan and it shows nothing.
Same with resources etc.

anyone can explain to me in detail the THE character stuff. i need specific guide on
characters' attributes and their capability level, their personality...
loyalty of characters
relationship with characters
character skills

i find the name but i get lost on this part of Darks guide

Then look at other values above the name. 1 = I 5 = V
If you scroll down you will find the values of his attributes and personality.

Extra: Editing the numbers.
When you edit numbers and double click them you see 1 byte values. 57 = 7 ; 48 = 0

CaesarCzech
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by CaesarCzech »

Guys I dont understand how to hack characters at all and resources dont work like i do what i should and it shows me 0 results. interestingly string method worked but fucked up everything and EVEN SOMEHOW DELETED MY SAVES.

boxerdemon
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by boxerdemon »

You can only edit credits a certain way. If you have 127 credits you can only change that to 999. Then you can sell to over a thousand and edit 1008 credits to 9999. You can't just got from, say, 53 credits to 99999 credits. That might be why you're having trouble with that value.

illusionbreaker
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Anyone figured how to hack Design Stats yet? They can roll 70-130 and make a pretty big difference

Also Stratagems/Stratagem Counts, very important for Fate Cards

Oh and Linear Technologies, though I suppose a 999 INT researcher could do the trick.

boxerdemon
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by boxerdemon »

Kahnite wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:30 pm
It works, but not always. I tested this last night, the way to go about it is:
1. Save and quit
2. Load save
3. Search for fatecardpoints using previously listed method.
4. Edit value to desired value that has the same number of digits (1 goes to 9, 10 goes to 99, 100 goes to 999 maybe I didn't try)
5. Save and quit
6. Load save
7. If you only got your value to 9, play a card that gives you FP such as Chemical High
8. Save and quit
9. Load save
10. Search for fatecard points and edit (if you got to 11 fate points, you can edit that to 99).

It may let you go from 1 to 99, but it always bugged out for me. You have to edit fate points the same way you edit credits, but have to save and load throughout the process. In order for me to go from 1 to 99 fate points dependably, it took three save and reloads. This works on established games as well, no need to start a new game just save and reload and edit before doing anything else. It's easier to make edits before doing anything else in-game.

illusionbreaker
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Anyone figure out how to edit Culture?
araara456 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:12 pm
and found city stats block, but that useless there only public budget and morale somewhat usable, but not much (you can find cirty stats block if you find population without last two zeros)
You can't edit the city population from the City Stats block? Could you give a step by step with pictures on how to find city stats block?

nuker22110
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by nuker22110 »

illusionbreaker wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:56 pm
Anyone figured how to hack Design Stats yet? They can roll 70-130 and make a pretty big difference

Also Stratagems/Stratagem Counts, very important for Fate Cards

Oh and Linear Technologies, though I suppose a 999 INT researcher could do the trick.
how do you get 999 researcher? i am only able to increase till 99. 999 doesnt seem to work