Shadow Empire

Ask about cheats/tables for single player games here
Fritz1776
Noobzor
Noobzor

Re: Shadow Empire

Post by Fritz1776 »

So is there anyone here who's both willing and able to make a table for this damn thing? I'd do it myself, but unfortunately I don't quite meet the latter qualifier.

boxerdemon
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by boxerdemon »

You really don't need one, the methods laid out previously will let you edit everything that needs editing and resources are a simple 4 byte edit. Cash just requires you to get to 999 credits, sell 5 credits' worth or whatever, find the new value then change to 9999 and repeat till you get sick of it. It's just a bitch to do. The way the game is coded makes a table unlikely due to its niche status. It's a pain in the ass.

I may be wrong, though, and someone would have fun making a table for this bitch. It's a fun game, I really like it. My GOTY.

Fritz1776
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Fritz1776 »

boxerdemon wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:53 am
You really don't need one, the methods laid out previously will let you edit everything that needs editing and resources are a simple 4 byte edit. Cash just requires you to get to 999 credits, sell 5 credits' worth or whatever, find the new value then change to 9999 and repeat till you get sick of it. It's just a bitch to do. The way the game is coded makes a table unlikely due to its niche status. It's a pain in the ass.

I may be wrong, though, and someone would have fun making a table for this bitch. It's a fun game, I really like it. My GOTY.
Doesn't that require you save and reload every single time? Also, resources are a 4 byte edit? Useful to know, since I wasn't aware you could edit them.

illusionbreaker
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by illusionbreaker »

boxerdemon wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:53 am
The way the game is coded makes a table unlikely due to its niche status. It's a pain in the ass.
The table would have to scan to find desired addresses every time a player did anything in game, or risk crashing the whole thing. IIRC some CK2 tables work this way.
Fritz1776 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:52 am
Doesn't that require you save and reload every single time? Also, resources are a 4 byte edit? Useful to know, since I wasn't aware you could edit them.
Basic memory hacking 101, works in like 90% of games:
1) Attach CE to process
2) Scan for the resource using 4B value type. You will get a list probably thousands long.
3) Sell/buy 1 resource.
4) Scan for the new value. The list should be shorter. If it yields no results (addresses shifted while you were doing this) try New Scan and doing it again from step 2.

Smokenz
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Smokenz »

And even with all that shit I still couldn't fucking change or find anything. FUCK!

sarinenumber
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by sarinenumber »

Smokenz wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:11 pm
And even with all that shit I still couldn't fucking change or find anything. FUCK!
I've been able to change the values of metals and rare metals ip and ... and pp very easily you can sell of the excess for lots of credits!

i used the usual method of searching on default type and selling or buying 1 and then searching for the changed value! (you have to be quick though for some reason address of the value changes every 20 seconds)

and there is a cap on PP IP and food and oils so dont change them to high values but you can change the rest to 999000

and to find the address for your recruits try to search for the number without 2 zeros at the end for example 3200 search 32 train an infantry then search 31!

but be careful you have to feed those recruits with your own stockpile

Smokenz
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Smokenz »

sarinenumber wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:23 am
Smokenz wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:11 pm
I've been able to change the values of metals and rare metals ip and ... and pp very easily you can sell of the excess for lots of credits!

i used the usual method of searching on default type and selling or buying 1 and then searching for the changed value! (you have to be quick though for some reason address of the value changes every 20 seconds)

and there is a cap on PP IP and food and oils so dont change them to high values but you can change the rest to 999000

and to find the address for your recruits try to search for the number without 2 zeros at the end for example 3200 search 32 train an infantry then search 31!

but be careful you have to feed those recruits with your own stockpile
I wasn't talking about the metals, I was talking about the General Traits and Attributes. I posted a reply to the guy that he made a mistake but STN considered my reply offensive so it deleted. It is about Step 5 where the guy said you need to look for a number above the name while in reality you have to look down. I pointed out that it is hard enough to use Cheat Engine as it is for many people but when you direct people in the wrong place be it as a mistake or as trolling. STN considered that offensive that I pointed out the mistake and deleted my post. Now it looks like Im talking about Resources because the messages are out of chronological order since one of my posts got deleted

illusionbreaker
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Smokenz wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:54 am
I wasn't talking about the metals, I was talking about the General Traits and Attributes. I posted a reply to the guy that he made a mistake but STN considered my reply offensive so it deleted. It is about Step 5 where the guy said you need to look for a number above the name while in reality you have to look down. I pointed out that it is hard enough to use Cheat Engine as it is for many people but when you direct people in the wrong place be it as a mistake or as trolling. STN considered that offensive that I pointed out the mistake and deleted my post. Now it looks like Im talking about Resources because the messages are out of chronological order since one of my posts got deleted
He wasn't trolling you; the Capability/Stats/Relation Level/Age of the character is stored differently depending on if the character was generated in this play session or if it was a stored character from a save.

Your tone (and that of quite a few posters here) is really fucking entitled, when someone's shared the results of dozens of hours of memory hacking with you guys freely.

Kahnite
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Kahnite »

I think the hostile tone is due to the addresses changing with practically every action one makes. I usually am pretty good a finding values and this game has me completely stumped. IB, don't take offence, you've been more than patient. Everyone else, lighten up, he trying his best, and he's not holding something 'magical' back, just frustrated like everyone else at finding stuff, only to have it all disappear with an action in the game, during the same F&@#$! turn! God, knows I am.

Soccorro
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Soccorro »

I'm really thankful for the people here, having patience with my technical ineptitude :D

So, How do I find/edit resources? and can it go beyond 9999?

And this might not rreally belong here, but I really do wonder, how the sheethappens guys made a trainer for this game.

Kahnite
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Kahnite »

As I mentioned, this game is kicking my @$$. I have not had any success yet at editing a value, only to find them. What this means in plain English is that I have found where the values are written to, not where they originate from (I've been concentrating on money for now). This probably means the value is calculated on the fly (i.e. <last turn's money> + <current tax revenue, if any> + <other modifiers> - <expenses> = <the value you see>) The perfect goal would be to find either <last turn's money> location at the end of a turn, or one of the <other modifier> locations and modify that. Once you have that, the really tricky part is to find a good set of pointers to consistently lock onto the value (something I'm not very good at, once I go above two, I have yet to successfully do it).

illusionbreaker
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Soccorro wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:47 pm
I'm really thankful for the people here, having patience with my technical ineptitude :D

I explained resource hacking before but I'll do it in excruciating detail now.

Before you do anything save the game.

Look for how much resource the selected SHQ has. You can always find out the exact amount of metal/rare metal you have by opening Workshop. Say you have 9442 metal. Scan for that 9442 in 4B on cheat engine, then go back to game. Go to either Trade* or Workshop and sell/buy/use a small amount. Now you have (say) 9445 metal.

Go back to cheat engine and scan for that new number. Now you should have less addresses, hopefully only 1. If you didn't find a result, then you got glitched by an address change**. Quit/Reload that save and start scanning from fresh all over again.

If you have multiple addresses, sell/buy/use that resource again/scan again until you only have 1 address left. Once you hit 1 address left, change it in Cheat engine to 999999***

Notes:
*You need to use/get that resource -instantly- without hitting next turn for the 4B scan method to work. The known methods are Trade, Workshop and Colonize, all from the right side taskbar.

**Sometimes the game pre-bakes the resource in question, so you should spend some of that resource/political power before scanning. Example: Turn 3 loads in and you have 80PP, call your secretary and use the 3PP option. Click OK. You should have 77PP. Now do a first scan for 77, then call your Governor and tell them you have Zone Orders (2PP cost). Click OK. Now you have 75PP. Scan for 75, etc etc.

***At some point the resources cause overflow and crash the game, but 6 digits is 100% safe and 999,999 metal will last you through the whole game. Same for Machinery/Rare Metal/Electronics/Radioactive. Unfortunately resources like Food/Water/Oil need storages to hold, and anything over the storage limit will be 'wasted'. Industry doesn't have a storage but the max amount is limited by how many industrial points you produce each turn.

P.S. 4B scan only works for resources and political points, AFAIK. Recruits/Colonists are resources, but stored as x100; i.e. your game says 7800 recruits, you scan for 78, colonize 2500 away and have 5300 left now scan for 53.
Soccorro wrote:
And this might not rreally belong here, but I really do wonder, how the sheethappens guys made a trainer for this game.
Those tablemakers use lua scripting methods (which needs coder ability worth actual $$$, can get at least a half decent job with it) to chase down/track addresses as they change. If a high level tablemaker would deign to look at this niche wargame with ancient graphics that would be nice. I'd highly appreciate it.

The resource memory hacking method I described earlier works in >90% of games and takes 0 real skill; I recall doing it to flash games in 2003 as a kid. If you want to pay for a trainer to do the same shit, more power to you.
Last edited by illusionbreaker on Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Soccorro
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Soccorro »

illusionbreaker wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:15 pm
Soccorro wrote:

I explained resource hacking before but I'll do it in excruciating detail now.
Thanks, I'll try it now :D

Oh my god it worked! Got gazillions of food now. Thank you very much!!!

Dampfnudel
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Dampfnudel »

Depending on if you load the game as savegame fresh, or are have already done anything, makes a huge difference, where and how you find the files. That is written in my guide. If you follow it carefully, it will work.

I put a good amount of effort into that guide, that if you follow it, will help you. So I would like to hear a "thank you" instead of insulting me.
I order to write that guide. I had to figure all these things out first. And I am completely new to CE. I had 2 days experince with CE when I made that guide. And that Guide works. So maybe do it yourself, if you can not appreciate help.

Norian90
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Norian90 »

Hello everyone!

Thanks for the tips and guides, with their help I was able to figure out:
SHQ resources
political points
money
regime profile
characters' attributes and their capability level, their personality...

Thanks again, and I will be grateful for detailed explanations ( if anyone knows how, someone is not lazy, and not sorry for the wasted time ...) how to do the following:

points of fate
resources MAX storage
loyalty of characters
relationship with characters
character skills