[Request] Wildermyth

Post by meddlingmartyr »

Game Name: Wildermyth
Game Engine: ?
Game Version: v0.13
Options Required: LP and some sort of stat editor
Game/Steam Website:

Hello and good day!

At first glance, it looked like I could just edit in the game files, but I have had no luck in changing values to see those values get changed in game. A table would be really valuable here.

1. Editable stats for characters
a. Experience
b. Health
c. Speed
d. Recovery rate
e. armor
f. warding
g. dodge
h. block
i. melee accuracy
j. range accuracy
k. stunt chance
l. bonus damage
m. potency
n. charisma
n. tenacity
o. Damage (tied to weapon??)
p. range (tied to weapon??)
q. Shred (tied to weapon??)
r. Knockback (tied to weapon??)

2. Campaign editor
a. Date
b. stopping monster card draws??
c. LP
d. All crafting materials

Willing to pay if need be, 20 bucks sound okay?

acecel
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: [Request] Wildermyth

Post by acecel »

+1

Zozinhu
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Zozinhu »

+2

krmit
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by krmit »

It's JAVA-based, so table will be difficult to make -_-

MintDrop
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by MintDrop »

You can enable cheats in the options by creating a text file called "devmode.txt", put it in steam\steamapps\common\Wildermyth. Give yourself more LP or resources etc.

acecel
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by acecel »

MintDrop wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:36 pm
You can enable cheats in the options by creating a text file called "devmode.txt", put it in steam\steamapps\common\Wildermyth. Give yourself more LP or resources etc.
I was about to come to explain the same thing. :D

Here is the original post that explain how to do it and what does it allow to do :
BringChaos wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:11 am
There is an in-game cheat system if you just put devMode.txt in directory and enable cheats in the options. You can add abilities and increase retirement age.

The game itself is a bunch of hashmaps so a pointer table is awkward. and many of the values are calculated based on character traits when saving or loading, so directly setting the values doesn't stick well.
Source

I tried it yesterday and i confirm you can edit almost everything in the game, character's stats, abilities, history, appearance, legacy, relations between characters, and you can even add any item to any character (with of course a 100% complete item list included).

Until the day they decide to remove the dev menu, i don't think it's worth it to spend times to create a table to try to do the same thing the dev menu already do better :mrgreen:

Tips : in the game options, "Interface" and "This game" submenus, you can "configure" the dev menu and what part of it you want to be visible. So even if the file added in the folder you can still have a "normal" menu without it if you disabled it in options. :)

danielyee
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by danielyee »

hi there,guys is there any other way to crack this cute game..it a very nice game..any help..thanks

JJDrakken
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by JJDrakken »

I just need a simple God Mode, stuck in damn spot, doing Ironman, if I fail this, final fight and 4 chapters down the shitter

Siggymas
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Siggymas »

acecel wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:42 pm
MintDrop wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:36 pm
I was about to come to explain the same thing. :D

Here is the original post that explain how to do it and what does it allow to do :
BringChaos wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:11 am
There is an in-game cheat system if you just put devMode.txt in directory and enable cheats in the options. You can add abilities and increase retirement age.

The game itself is a bunch of hashmaps so a pointer table is awkward. and many of the values are calculated based on character traits when saving or loading, so directly setting the values doesn't stick well.
Source

I tried it yesterday and i confirm you can edit almost everything in the game, character's stats, abilities, history, appearance, legacy, relations between characters, and you can even add any item to any character (with of course a 100% complete item list included).

Until the day they decide to remove the dev menu, i don't think it's worth it to spend times to create a table to try to do the same thing the dev menu already do better :mrgreen:

Tips : in the game options, "Interface" and "This game" submenus, you can "configure" the dev menu and what part of it you want to be visible. So even if the file added in the folder you can still have a "normal" menu without it if you disabled it in options. :)
does this disable achievement?

TheRedFear
Cheater
Cheater

Post by TheRedFear »

Siggymas wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:52 pm

does this disable achievement?
I'd love to know this too

kagetto
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by kagetto »

To anyone search for this years down the road - yes using devMode.txt disables achievements.