Ask about cheats/tables for single player games here
pluto12
Noobzor
Noobzor

Re: Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts

Post by pluto12 »

cyan027 wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 7:13 am
It seems you can no longer lock tonnage in Alpha11 v0.82 or the game wont be able to build your ship for you to enter game. I did some research and found that if you raise your max allowed tonnage above your current, then you wont stuck at "Build your ship".

But another problem is, if your ship is too heavy, it will be pretty much like an iceberg -- terrible acceleration, deceleration and turning radius can be measured in LIGHT YEARs.

A better way is to strip off all your armor before you build your ship, try to lower your current tonnage as low as possible to gain better maneuverability , then use cheat table to fill in armor -- also you can bypass armor limit for BC, CA, CL, DD and TB.

Try to image a DD with 100 inch armor, wow!

so here comes my table, it will lock / fill value for the ship at your F1 design slot.

1. Strip off everything to lower tonnage, yes, including all armor, set them all to 0.
2. Hit F1 to lock cost.
3. Build your ship, make sure everything is set, because after this step you cant make any modification to your ship anymore, or you might need reset and start over to correct everything.
4. Hit F2 to fill in armor value (default is 2540mm/100 inchs, the game using mm value but display as inch. Actually 30 inchs can resist almost ANY main gun, unless your opponent using 20 inch calibre + super heavy shell) .
5. Hit F3 to change max tonnage to 1M, or you can manually fill in the value you like. But be careful, better make your max tonnage 10% more than your current tonnage, or you might stuck in "Building Player Ships".
6. Update modified data by "Browsing" around your ship component catagories. Simply click and switching between different component category can update modified data, so enable the "Launch" button.
7. Hit F1 to UNLOCK cost. If you forgot, you will be locked in "Building player ship" and have to restart game.
8. Click and launch your fleet/ship.
this list of instructions and the more recent date this was published seems impressive, but there is just one small problem, absolutely zero of any of these cheats work, pressing F1 to lock something doesn't tick the box and it opens a wiki page for cheat engine, f2 just makes a beeping sound, f3 crashes the cheat engine

FoolishRaven
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by FoolishRaven »

Even though Cyan's table doesn't seem to work, a lot of what he's wrote down in his comments does seem to follow the game's logic and can be used to manipulate the game through CE.

A quick way to search for armor is to do a group search for it with mm values. It's all floats so the command is "f:Belt f:BeltExtended f:Deck f:DeckExtended f:Conning f:Turret f:TurretTop f:Secondary". If you're using inches and don't want to switch, set it to 0, 1, 10, or 100. The corresponding mm's are 0, 25.4, 254, 2540. Also, note that increasing your armor value has no effect on your ship's maneuverability, so feel free to go all out. That's because...

The game uses your ship's maximum tonnage to set the ship maneuverability and engine required (this affects funnel capacity, so it's important!). Even if you don't fill up the tonnage to the max, the game still builds your ship with that tonnage. So if you artificially lower this, you can still build a big ship, but the game tricks itself on the ship's stats and gives it the maneuverability of a much smaller ship. The maximum allowed tonnage seems to be in three floats. One of these floats seems to be used for what model the game has loaded into the shipyard (for me it's the top-most address of the three, but I've only lightly experimented with this, so I might be completely wrong). Feel free to reduce this to suit your needs (mainly I use it to artificially reduce the necessary funnel capacity on destroyers and light cruisers so that smoke interference doesn't shoot through the roof). I really haven't tried to increase this max tonnage too much, because required funnel capacity shoots through the roof, and you practically have to take a hit on smoke interference. Not to mention maneuverability takes a dive. Much better to reduce what the game thinks is your current ship weight.

However, reducing tonnage capacity has one huge effect: It changes the weight of your ship (and ship's armor), but does not change the weight of your equipment. If you reduce this capacity too far, you'll find yourself having huge pitch, roll, and fore/aft weight offsets from even the smallest turrets, because your ship is not stable enough. On the contrary, if you artificially inflate the armor values high enough (and/or have a big enough ship), you'll find that even placing the heaviest 20" turret on the far end of a ship without a counterbalance still can't make a dent into the ship's balance.

Finally, I have managed to make super-immune ships that even the heaviest 20" landing directly on it can't make a dent (unless it hits the 0" armor on the funnel, but that's generally an over-pen so not too bad). However, I can't seem to make a ship torpedo immune. I have put 100,000" Belt and Belt Extended armor, with TP5, Triple Hull, and Krupp IV armor, but torpedoes seem to be able to hit for at least 80-100 damage each time. Not a huge problem in terms of maneuverability because even the most direct of hits only seem to lightly damage the engines/rudder, but you will run out of structural integrity after taking 20-30 torpedo hits on a BB, all the way down to a two/three torpedoes for DDs. There are a few missions where you will face a swarm of torpedoes, so be aware even if you build a cheaty battleship.

Your current tonnage, and ship cost is still the same as in the thread earlier (exactly 4 apart in float addresses). Not that really was ever in question, but for completeness of this post, I suppose.

Oh, and one last tip: If you're already using CE to reduce a ship's tonnage Geared Turbines + Forced Funnel capacity is better than Diesel. That's maximum funnel capacity, and everything past that is saving weight, which CE takes care of for you.

FoolishRaven
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by FoolishRaven »

With the new patch, some stuff has changed: The new general armor offsets are at xx(Y)C. The Y is sequentially up and down for the generic armor slots. For example, I had: xx148C MidBelt, xx149C ForeBelt, xx14AC AftBelt, xx14BC MidDeck, etc. Gun armors are usually at xxC for the side armor, with the xx8 for the same gun's top armor. As far as I can tell, each individual gun's armor is completely separate from the rest.

Oh, and while tonnage and cost are still 4 apart in floats, new ending numbers are: xx4 for tonnage, and xx8 for cost.

Edit: But it seems impossible to edit the tonnage and cost for launching purposes. The game now checks it somehow differently and the exact trick to get it to sneak by it going to take some testing.

alexanderh86
Retired Donor
Retired Donor

Post by alexanderh86 »

Please update for latest patch. Love the game but I also love having god tier Ships. Thank you.

Afghanicus
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Afghanicus »

FoolishRaven wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:40 pm
Edit: But it seems impossible to edit the tonnage and cost for launching purposes. The game now checks it somehow differently and the exact trick to get it to sneak by it going to take some testing.
You ever figure out how to launch it?

AridLegion
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by AridLegion »

FoolishRaven wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:40 pm
the exact trick to get it to sneak by it going to take some testing.
Here's hoping you can figure it out! I can't go back to making reasonable ships anymore.

FoolishRaven
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by FoolishRaven »

Rejoice! For it is possible, though much more labor intensive now.

As usual, find the tonnage and money value numbers. You will now need to select an option saying "Find out what accesses this address" when you right click the address. CE will give you a warning about attaching the debugger, accept and move on.

Now, with both instances of the debugger open (for tonnage and for money), go into the ship designer and just do stuff to make those numbers fluctuate up and down. You're looking for quantity of individual changes over anything else here, not scale of changes.

Now, come back to the debugger. If you'll note, the first column is "Count" and there are a few lines with insanely high accesses. These accesses have been performed by various codes. So, double click them and a grey box with a code highlighted in red will appear. Double click on the red again and you'll get Cheat Engine's memory viewer. Right click and select "Replace with code that does nothing" or "nop". Make sure to do this with both a money line and a tonnage line. The two lines that I was able to get a stable result with were: "movss [rsi+00000638],xmm5" for cost and "movss [rsi+00000634],xmm5" for tonnage. Do NOT close Memory View or the Debuggers yet. They are important later on.

Now, feel free to wildly edit your ships information, including the aforementioned method of changing your armor values beyond the limit.

Finally, before you hit launch, come back to the debuggers and memory view. Select the codes you edited again, and open them in memory view again. They should be a bunch of "nop" entries. Right click the one that is pre-highlighted for you and select to "Revert to Original Code" for both changes you made. You can now close the debuggers and memory view. If you fail to do this step, the game will freeze in the enemy building screen, probably as it tries to deal with infinite building funds and space.

Now, go back to UAD, and launch your ship (the button should still be green. If not, check whether or not you forced the game to recalculate the tonnage or cost by dragging a part across the hull or something. Right click to delete anything your mouse is dragging).

Two things I forgot to test: (1) I'm not sure if marking out this code will affect the offsets or pitch/roll of the ship (which affect the guns' accuracy), both of which divide by the weight/tonnage of the hull. But who really cares about those penalties when you have miles of armor and 36kn of pure speed.

(2) I'm not sure how this is going to play with the save system and/or building more ships from the same screen, like we can do in custom battles.

If someone manages to test these two things before me, feel free to post here and let everyone know.

FoolishRaven
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by FoolishRaven »

Okay, now on my desktop and with further testing:

I really dislike this method for cost editing. Cost is very unstable with this method, and marking out certain lines causes the numbers to flip far into the negatives or super high. But, it kind of works, and Naval Academy should accept it as long as it is positive. As for your track record in getting positive numbers, well, best of luck. Quite often, it seems to like $0 and $2 so it should be mostly fine. Mostly. If not, try customizing a bit more to roll the die a few more times, while somebody else blindly stumbles in a way to fix it (and hopefully shares it, because I've hit my full understanding of cheat engine, and anything else will require a lot of learning and time that I simply don't have). Also, the exact line to knock out can be a bit of a variable, and I don't have the understanding to actually know what those lines are doing.

The good news: the tonnage edit is really stable. I mean, really stable. It tricks whatever the game uses to launch the ships, but it doesn't touch the pitch/roll or the offsets like I feared. Feel free to load up on all the cool tools in custom battle. Feel free to supersize your armor to make a really stable ship. Do whatever, go crazy.

The super-good news, this seems to hit the main code, and this should be a one-time edit until you are ready to launch all your ships. It transfers quite nicely between your various ships, so build up until you're ready, then turn it off and click launch.

Terka1917
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Terka1917 »

FoolishRaven wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:39 pm

As usual, find the tonnage and money value numbers. You will now need to select an option saying "Find out what accesses this address" when you right click the address. CE will give you a warning about attaching the debugger, accept and move on.

Now, with both instances of the debugger open (for tonnage and for money), go into the ship designer and just do stuff to make those numbers fluctuate up and down. You're looking for quantity of individual changes over anything else here, not scale of changes.

Now, come back to the debugger. If you'll note, the first column is "Count" and there are a few lines with insanely high accesses. These accesses have been performed by various codes. So, double click them and a grey box with a code highlighted in red will appear. Double click on the red again and you'll get Cheat Engine's memory viewer. Right click and select "Replace with code that does nothing" or "nop". Make sure to do this with both a money line and a tonnage line. The two lines that I was able to get a stable result with were: "movss [rsi+00000638],xmm5" for cost and "movss [rsi+00000634],xmm5" for tonnage. Do NOT close Memory View or the Debuggers yet. They are important later on.

Now, feel free to wildly edit your ships information, including the aforementioned method of changing your armor values beyond the limit.

Finally, before you hit launch, come back to the debuggers and memory view. Select the codes you edited again, and open them in memory view again. They should be a bunch of "nop" entries. Right click the one that is pre-highlighted for you and select to "Revert to Original Code" for both changes you made. You can now close the debuggers and memory view. If you fail to do this step, the game will freeze in the enemy building screen, probably as it tries to deal with infinite building funds and space.

Now, go back to UAD, and launch your ship (the button should still be green. If not, check whether or not you forced the game to recalculate the tonnage or cost by dragging a part across the hull or something. Right click to delete anything your mouse is dragging).

Two things I forgot to test: (1) I'm not sure if marking out this code will affect the offsets or pitch/roll of the ship (which affect the guns' accuracy), both of which divide by the weight/tonnage of the hull. But who really cares about those penalties when you have miles of armor and 36kn of pure speed.

(2) I'm not sure how this is going to play with the save system and/or building more ships from the same screen, like we can do in custom battles.

If someone manages to test these two things before me, feel free to post here and let everyone know.
I was getting the same adress results as you did, and your method works up until the point I launch the battle (in custom battles) - once the loading screen is done, the map is just empty. The UI is also completely missing except the "Assing all ships to AI control" hat button in the upper right

FoolishRaven
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by FoolishRaven »

Terka1917 wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:18 pm
I was getting the same adress results as you did, and your method works up until the point I launch the battle (in custom battles) - once the loading screen is done, the map is just empty. The UI is also completely missing except the "Assing all ships to AI control" hat button in the upper right

Yeah, I'm gotten that result once so far. But like I said, I have hit the complete limit of my knowledge, so I literally have no clue how to advance this any further. Sorry I can't help you anymore!

CheeseArmor
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by CheeseArmor »

Hi,

Described above method works and solution to problem from Terka1917 post is quite easy.
Mind you i have checked only for tonnage in custom battle.
So if you follow instructions above and restore function (unfreeze tonnage check) and click begin button you get empty screen, right?
And if you leave it on, then game freezes on loading screen. (unlimited construction for computer player)
Look what happens with value of the address ( tonnage ) after clicking button.
Game runs this checking function one more time at the beginning of the loading screen and restores true tonnage value.
Solution:
Restore/unfreeze function as quick as the loading screen show.

Afghanicus
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Afghanicus »

I can't get it to not affect enemy ships

porcalete
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by porcalete »

+1 for tables update

lekkimsm2500
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by lekkimsm2500 »

Would also like to see anyone who'd wanna take on a table update for v0.5

Edit:

Doesn't seem like the old entry-level trick of scanning float for displacement works anymore as of 0.5 v87. Value shows up though, freezing it doesn't seem to do much. Scanning floats for armor thickness however still works, just loses its charm without any displacement editing.

TheSublimeGoose
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by TheSublimeGoose »

FoolishRaven wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:39 pm

So, this works. Took me a bit to figure it out, but it works. Sort of.

When the game starts, you're greeted with an open ocean, and only enemy ships. You 'lose' the game soon -- ostensibly because you have no ships -- and it gives you the option to restart the battle. It shows no vessel for your side. Bizarre.