Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts

Ask about cheats/tables for single player games here
Afghanicus
Noobzor
Noobzor

Re: Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts

Post by Afghanicus »

Shipyard size is a float that can be modified. I unlocked 90 000 tons in 1890, of course without tech you're limited to ~15kT BB

FoolishRaven
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by FoolishRaven »

Available funds are a float as well, but you need to "use" it once before you can search for it at the beginning of the campaign.

FoolishRaven
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by FoolishRaven »

So, actually, tech (and by extension, some "cheats") are actually pretty each. It's a simple text file at LocalLow\GameLabs\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts\save_0.json

If someone ever gets around to actually creating a tech cheat, there are handy "techMods" values in the save file for each tech area which affects your tech research speed. I assume you can edit these through CE somehow. Bumping these to 10000 was giving me a new tech each turn. Most techs also have an "index" value associated with them, which doesn't matter except for the repeatable techs.

Given how the tech system is set up, you have the actual 'techs' that people who have played the earlier versions know. Most areas are then capped by a repeatable tech that you can presumably boost as far as you want (I've pumped them up to a hundred, but not really stress tested these for weirdness). These are stored in "techLevel", BUT are overwritten by the Index number of the repeatable tech you're currently researching.

There are a few with all-positives, and you should have no reason to not push them as far as you want. These are: (1) Boilers (reducing Boiler weight, fuel stowage/range weight, and smoke interference), (2) Hull Strengthening (reducing Hull weight, and boosting Hull Form, Resistance, Stability, and Floatability), (3) Hull Construction (reducing Hull weight and ship construction time, but beware that you'll be paying a much higher cost per month!), (4) Control Station (boosting accuracies, and reducing weather penalties), (5) Internals Protection (reducing Flash Fire, and boosting repairs), (5) Torpedo Propulsion (boosting Torpedo range, speed, accuracy, & stealth. Monster tech if you go torpedo heavy). Boosting these techs sufficiently is practically cheating as it means you can pump monster ships near instantly (I was building 130k Super Battleships in 5 months with just a 100 in all these techs)

There are a few that boost costs in return. Given that cash can be edited though CE or save file, they're also practically cheats. (1) Engines (reducing smoke interference, engine damage chance, and fuel stowage/range weight. Also boosts engine repair, and gives you horsepower per engine ton. Given enough here, you can kill engine weight for any type of engine you want.), (2) Armor Quality (pumps Armor Strength), (3) Armor Forging (reduces armor weight and ship construction time), (4) Shell Explosives (boosts range and penetration, reduces flash fire chance). This set can practically bypass weight limits of the ship designer, but you're going to get some horrendous costs if you push it too far.

Finally, there's the last set. These usually have some weight penalties meaning you have to be careful with them. (1) Rangefinders (boosts spotting, aiming speed, and accuracy, but slightly pumps up tower weight/cost. You can push this pretty aggressively, but not too far), (2) Gun Layout (reduces flash fire chance in exchange for increasing barbette/gun weight. Not worth it.), (3) Turret mechanisms (decreasing turret reload time, traverse time, and aiming speed, but increases weight by about half the percent it decreases those, plus cost increases. Worth it, if you're careful.), and (4) Shells (increases range, penetration, HE damage/fire chance, decreases ammo detonation chance, but increases shell weight. I'd figure out what's your tower situation and try to match this with that. But worth it as well.).

Unfortunately, gun calibers are stored as individual techs, but I know that "gun_main_60" is the 20" Mk5, and "gun_sec_35" is the highest sec tech (and presumably the 8" Mk5). Happy save editing!

(oh, and if you see a "Respect" field in the save, keep that low. It's not prestige; it's the unrest counter.)

Afghanicus
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Afghanicus »

Well done!

_SEB_
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by _SEB_ »

Here is what you can do if you want to start the game with all or a lot of tech already unlocked.

1.Start a new campaign, and you can immediately exit to main menu.
2.After that go and edit the techMods for your country in the save0.json file. Setting the value of techMods to 1000 will give you new tech every turn. Now continue the campaign and play as many turns as you want waiting for tech to unlock.
3.After enough or all tech has been unlocked in the campaign you can exit again to main menu.
4. Go back to save0.json and copy the lines starting from "techonologies": [] all the way to the end line (it starts and end with square braces [] )
5. Start a new campaign game and exit to main menu.
6. Now go to the new save0.json the game just created and paste all the "techonologies": [] you copied in the step 4.
7. Now you can go to the game and have all the tech at the start of campaign. Dont forget to edit the shipyard size, because otherwise you wont be able to build new ships, since most have a minimum shipyard size.

Hopefully the instructions are clear enough to understand.

lekkimsm2500
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by lekkimsm2500 »

Khayman wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:10 pm
Table v04
Though i really appreciate your latest table, i am having alot of hit 'n' miss with it, and if actually feels like working for 1.0 v95, weight and budget are indeed super useful.

Will you take another look at it, and if you've got a moment, try updating it for 1.0 v95? And a big wish, if you can implement armor thickness in the constructor, in your table. Armor thickness is still something as simple as float in millimeters. i.e. if you've set 20cm of armor, then it's just 200 float. It's incredibly useful to make an almost invincible torpedo boat or battleship.

TheSublimeGoose
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by TheSublimeGoose »

Khayman wrote:
Table v04
Pointer for crew pool and crew pool 2
If you could update this, I'd be incredibly grateful!

Personally, I'd jsut like to see the weight and cost cheats. All other parameters are simple floats that I can find myself. But the weight cheat is amazingly fun, and stopped working as of a patch of two. Cheers, mate

TheSublimeGoose
Noobzor
Noobzor

Khayman wrote:
Table v05
Update for Core Patch 1.0 v97
You’re the best, cheers

Afghanicus
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Afghanicus »

And patch 1.0 v98 broke it already...

pluto12
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by pluto12 »

yeah.. this does NOT work at all, trying to tick either of those boxes just causes cheat engine to "not respond" and does nothing in game

Kinda
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Kinda »

_SEB_ wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:48 am
Here is what you can do if you want to start the game with all or a lot of tech already unlocked.

2.After that go and edit the techMods for your country in the save0.json file. Setting the value of techMods to 1000 will give you new tech every turn. Now continue the campaign and play as many turns as you want waiting for tech to unlock.
3.After enough or all tech has been unlocked in the campaign you can exit again to main menu.
4. Go back to save0.json and copy the lines starting from "techonologies": [] all the way to the end line (it starts and end with square braces [] )
6. Now go to the new save0.json the game just created and paste all the "techonologies": [] you copied in the step 4.
7. Now you can go to the game and have all the tech at the start of campaign. Dont forget to edit the shipyard size, because otherwise you wont be able to build new ships, since most have a minimum shipyard size.
Thanks! This will work like a charm till developers encripted save files. Cash, shipyard, CrewPool...
Last edited by Kinda on Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pluto12
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by pluto12 »

im still here wishing for a way to build over the weight limit, i really need it. none of the CE downloads in this thread actually do it, they are ALL broken.

a522986719
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by a522986719 »

Has been updated to 1.0 V99

TheSublimeGoose
Noobzor
Noobzor

Kinda wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:10 pm
_SEB_ wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:48 am

Thanks! This will work like a charm till developers encripted save files. Cash, shipyard, CrewPool...

save_0.json isn't encrypted/compressed as of 1.0 v99, at least for me... I think you may be looking at the wrong file?

axiscat
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by axiscat »

is there any way i can lock the weight to zero in ship builder ?
like 10000/15000 , lock that 10000 to zero .
the weight limit is really getting me mad.......