Fearless Donors
Fearless Donors

[PAID REQUEST] Resident Evil 2 Remake

Post by OzTm »

Game Name: Resident Evil 2 Remake
Game Engine: RE Engine
Options Required: Lighting/color mod
Other Info:

Hi, everyone! I have been using the existing tables and the fearlessrevolution trainer in the game, I have all the items and weapons I need to enjoy the game, but I am one of the few people who are really bothered by the way-too-dark atmosphere in the game when compared to the original. Still, zombies eat people, not light bulbs and electricity :)
I understand that it is almost impossible to put more lighting sources inside the game to make it look bright like the original RE2 from 1998. However, I've seen something else: when you exit a well-lit room (RPD Waiting Room) and enter a dark hallway (you exit towards East), it's not only the light that dims, but also the colors fade to a nasty gray.
In other words, if you stand in the door-frame and you move 1cm towards the dark area, all the warm colors (yellow, red-ish) fade away and they are replaced by gray and blue-ish shades, way before the door actually closes. So something like.... the game is changing the... White-Balance :)

THAT is what I'd like to prevent. Could someone find a way (table/trainer/anything) to keep the warm colors and stop the transition to gray?
For the help, a reasonable PayPal donation would be in order :)

Thank you

OzTm
Fearless Donors
Fearless Donors

Re: [PAID REQUEST] Resident Evil 2 Remake

Post by OzTm »

To understand my long post better, please look at Claire's clothes in the beginning of this video, at 0:04 - 0:05, when she exits through the Library door:

OzTm
Fearless Donors
Fearless Donors

Post by OzTm »

Another idea would be making the flashlight way brighter (and/or with a much bigger spread), so it can properly light the room.
Would that be possible?

OzTm
Fearless Donors
Fearless Donors

Post by OzTm »

I took a screenshot of the change in tone and light that happens when you exit into a dark corridor.

The Mogician
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by The Mogician »

Have you tried checking the modding community? It might be easier to make a lighting mod for what you described instead of trying to figure out a cheat table.

OzTm
Fearless Donors
Fearless Donors

Post by OzTm »

The Mogician wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:31 pm
Have you tried checking the modding community? It might be easier to make a lighting mod for what you described instead of trying to figure out a cheat table.
No, not really. I have seen questions asked for such a mod... [Link], for instance, but also with no solution. Thank you for your answer though.
I will try to install and use ReShade. Playing with it might help a bit. Also, about 5 minutes ago I even found [Link], which seems to be exactly what I need, even with "customizable size, color, brightness and distance", but I have no idea if it will work on RE2 or not.

gunbalde60
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by gunbalde60 »

Yeah, you need a mod not a cheat. This is not something a cheat table can do. And yes Reshade would be the best way to go, just look for Reshade settins already made by others.

The Mogician
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by The Mogician »

OzTm wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:47 pm
The Mogician wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:31 pm
No, not really. I have seen questions asked for such a mod... [Link], for instance, but also with no solution. Thank you for your answer though.
I will try to install and use ReShade. Playing with it might help a bit. Also, about 5 minutes ago I even found [Link], which seems to be exactly what I need, even with "customizable size, color, brightness and distance", but I have no idea if it will work on RE2 or not.
Well, just saying that Cheat Engine is a powerful tool but sometimes it may be simpler to do the job with mods. I'm glad you found what you wanted.

OzTm
Fearless Donors
Fearless Donors

Post by OzTm »

I think I'm finally on to something using ReShade:

OzTm
Fearless Donors
Fearless Donors

Post by OzTm »

Shader manipulation was the answer, but with 3dmigoto: