[Request] Lost Odyssey- Xenia emulator

Ask about cheats/tables for single player games here
eugene9
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

[Request] Lost Odyssey- Xenia emulator

Post by eugene9 »

Greetings!!
Since some days ago, Xenia emulator is able to run Lost Odyssey almost flawlessly. I have always love this game in every sense and every aspect of it but with the exception of certain drawbacks like the relationship between mortal characters and their skills given by default. Now that Xenia has brought this masterpiece to Pc I was wondering if it is possible to use Cheat Engine to modify certain features like mortal's skill sets or their stats.
Thank you very much in advance, I hope you all are having a nice day :)

NumberXer0
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: [Request] Lost Odyssey- Xenia emulator

Post by NumberXer0 »

Well I'll be damned. I can't help with the cheats, but thanks for the awareness of Xenia. I haven't followed them for a while and its good to see them make so much progress. I can go play some of my old favorite exclusives like this and Ninety Nine Nights =P

+1 for Xenia cheats then. I can see it becoming a big thing soon if its running games that well now.

eugene9
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by eugene9 »

I'm glad to see that there are people interested in this :)

codenamegamma
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by codenamegamma »

It's possible to use CheatEngine to search for and change values, however all the memory pages are read only, so if you do it without changing the permissions it can and will crash the emulator everytime. the main problem with doing this is finding pointers since the memory is dynamic in most games and it's big-endian so that makes things even more complicated, if someone can find a way to get a solid base address then it might be possible, but as of now any value you search for and change will probably not work after you change levels and definitely won't after you restart the game.

eugene9
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by eugene9 »

Hi! thanks for your response, sooo... basically that is a bad/good thing. This game is "hackeable" but it requires a huge amount of effort and difficult searches of pointers and those things ;(

eugene9
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by eugene9 »

Can anyone help me to search values like stats and such, pls? I'm using 4 big-endian but I cannot find even the gold pointer.

HimoShifu
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by HimoShifu »

All I have so far. Not very good at finding things. Really only have Gold, Save option and all accessories under Kaim. You can just freeze it and then unequip everything about 5 or so times and then they'll be available.
Attachments
Lost Odyssey-xenia.CT
(10.43 KiB) Downloaded 830 times

eugene9
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by eugene9 »

HimoShifu wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:37 pm
All I have so far. Not very good at finding things. Really only have Gold, Save option and all accessories under Kaim. You can just freeze it and then unequip everything about 5 or so times and then they'll be available.
Sorry for the long loooong delay, but I haven't noticed until now that you posted something here. Gonna try your table and see how it works, thanks :) btw, which version of the emulator are you using?

HimoShifu
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by HimoShifu »

eugene9 wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:09 pm
Sorry for the long loooong delay, but I haven't noticed until now that you posted something here. Gonna try your table and see how it works, thanks :) btw, which version of the emulator are you using?

I'm using the regular master build that Xenia puts out. Can't wait for the audio things and random bugs to be worked out. Just decided to play around more after screwing myself and saving where I shouldn't have locking the game. lol So now I got more things filled out. Found the weapons, most rings, and accessories. Also found the consumable items. Slot seeds for the win!
Attachments
Lost Odyssey-xenia.CT
(34.29 KiB) Downloaded 588 times

eugene9
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by eugene9 »

HimoShifu wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:22 pm
eugene9 wrote:

I'm using the regular master build that Xenia puts out. Can't wait for the audio things and random bugs to be worked out. Just decided to play around more after screwing myself and saving where I shouldn't have locking the game. lol So now I got more things filled out. Found the weapons, most rings, and accessories. Also found the consumable items. Slot seeds for the win!
Gald you replied me :)
Well, actually I've recently downloaded last master version from xenia website, still the table does not work. Perhaps, is it the game version? I'm using this one: [Link] which one are you running? Btw,. would you be able to search for Jansen's accesory slots? I've always wanted to equip him with "Composite Magic Book" ; or even changing his skills learned by default when levelling up.

HimoShifu
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by HimoShifu »

eugene9 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:58 pm
HimoShifu wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:22 pm
eugene9 wrote:

Gald you replied me :)
Well, actually I've recently downloaded last master version from xenia website, still the table does not work. Perhaps, is it the game version? I'm using this one: [Link] which one are you running? Btw,. would you be able to search for Jansen's accesory slots? I've always wanted to equip him with "Composite Magic Book" ; or even changing his skills learned by default when levelling up.
It works for me. What cheat engine version you using? I'm on 7.2 and have cheat engine settings for games like star ocean: the last hope enabled.

Also, make sure you go to cheat engine and get how to add Endian values to your cheat engine. I have various endian things in the table. I thought they would just be there for anybody else, but maybe the user has to add them themselves for tables to use them going forward.

eugene9
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by eugene9 »

Also using 7.2 version of CE and big endian enabled. Maybe it has to do with those settings you're saying. Can you share such configuration, please?

HimoShifu
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by HimoShifu »

eugene9 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:55 pm
Also using 7.2 version of CE and big endian enabled. Maybe it has to do with those settings you're saying. Can you share such configuration, please?
Ok, so make sure you have 2, 4, double, and float endians.
for the settings, I have:
Settings>Scan Settings>
MEM_PRIVATE, MEM_IMAGE, MEM_MAPPED all checked. Pretty sure the MEM_MAPPED is only one not on by default in this screen.
Settings>Debugger Options:
Use Kearnelmode debugger (Requires DBVM)

I think these are the only ones outside the norm for default settings.

eugene9
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by eugene9 »

Already have all those settings. Maybe is the game version. Which one are you using?

eugene9
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by eugene9 »

Btw, have found several pointers related to characters' status (e.g. inf. HP or MP)