Learning from Dont Starve Together but have questions.

Ask about cheats/tables for single player games here
Wombleinc
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Learning from Dont Starve Together but have questions.

Post by Wombleinc »

So one of things I have been trying to find is the health base value for don't starve together. I am able to find the value as a double that is editable in my example health started with 150.

The issue I run into is that I find a pointer using what writes to this address I then search for the value with the container(esi in my case) then I change the first address I found to use the pointer plus the offset from the what writes to this address "command".

I then use that pointer I found to say what accesses this pointer which gives me a few things but I stick with esi+ the offset. So I search what esi is and change my address with the old pointer and add my new address and offset while moving the old to the top, mind you I still have my health value so is assume im on the right track.
Then I use what accesses this pointer again and I return a lot of stuff. I use esi again but the road block is that every access with esi uses the same address that I found in my last pointer search so I am stuck there.

I have a screen shot of the last access screen. Is there anyone that could help guide me down the right path from here?

Wombleinc
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Learning from Dont Starve Together but have questions.

Post by Wombleinc »

Wanted to add just in case someone freaks out, im doing this in offline mode. I play the together version because funny enough the dev of the game gifted it to me when it first came out. I was one of the og players of Dont starve a long time ago and actually talked with the dev about dont starve together, plus played through beta stages so the game means more to me then just playing regular dont starve.

The Mogician
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by The Mogician »

Do you even need Cheat Engine for DST? There are console commands that can serve your every whim, from spawning stuff to teleporting to god mode.

Wombleinc
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Wombleinc »

The Mogician wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:29 am
Do you even need Cheat Engine for DST? There are console commands that can serve your every whim, from spawning stuff to teleporting to god mode.
Right I agree but then I wouldn't be learning anything that i'd like to learn. It's really strictly for learning purposes. Also, I am sure you can but I haven't seen where you can do console stuff in don't starve together because of the together part.

The Mogician
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by The Mogician »

Wombleinc wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:55 am
The Mogician wrote:
Right I agree but then I wouldn't be learning anything that i'd like to learn. It's really strictly for learning purposes. Also, I am sure you can but I haven't seen where you can do console stuff in don't starve together because of the together part.
If you host a server, you can use whatever console command you want. It will make it easier for you to learn that way.

Wombleinc
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Wombleinc »

The Mogician wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:16 am
Wombleinc wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:55 am
The Mogician wrote:
If you host a server, you can use whatever console command you want. It will make it easier for you to learn that way.
Assuming your meaning toggle certain commands and then search the actions that were happening? I have been looking into certain commands to track down certain values but I still hit road blocks.
I guess one thing I need to learn is a lot of what is happening in the dissembler because thats where I tend to get stuck.

seronis
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by seronis »

DST isnt a client run game. Its server managed. Changing your health on your client has NO EFFECT because its just an unused display value.

Cheat Engine is worthless on server managed games