Cant open the HookVM, what should i do

Sekai Neko
Cheater
Cheater

Re: [REQ] Rance IX – The Helmanian Revolution

Post by Sekai Neko »

happyTugs wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:28 am
Hello everyone, here's the release... ;)

Abstract:
This table was tested on version 1.00 of Rance IX using Cheat Engine 7.4. Make sure to toggle "Hook VM" first. Each script does it what it says and must be enabled one at a time.

Since I didn't have a full save, I had to make some guesses regarding which characters occupied the character structure, so let me know if they are wrong.

If you crash, let me know what version of cheat engine you're using, what version of the game you're running, and how to consistently replicate the crash.

This table was tested on version 1.00 using Cheat Engine 7.4.
Rance9.CT

All the heavy lifting was provided by these cool individuals... :wub:
  • nunuhara, kichikuou, OPNA2608 toufuguy - Thank you all for your work regarding Alicesoft's proprietary engine and file formats. I would not have been able to make any key analyses without the use of your tools. Thank you so much for sharing your work since I have definitely learned a lot about virtual machine architecture and the System engine. [Link]
  • SomeLoliCatGirl - Thank you for the wonderful AIN to bytecode decompiler. Your decompiler helped me tremendously with my analysis because I was able to locate where the bytecode was being interpreted and where it was being stored. As a result, I was able to craft my own custom bytecode injections, and effectively localize myself within the System VM architecture without doing much guessing.
  • Tim Blazytko - Great educational video regarding analysis on VM architecture! [Link]
  • FamousAnos - Thank you for the save!
  • Darkbyte and contributors - Obviously...
I had a lot of fun modding the game; will do a writeup later...

cheers!
happyTugs
any chance to update it? it dosen't work with 1.01