Re: The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners

Post by Discounto3435 »

NumberXer0 wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:06 pm
SparklyCola wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:50 pm
NumberXer0 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:14 pm
The game is super easy to edit. I have max of all crafting materials just by doing basic 4 byte searches. That allowed me to get plenty of items and ammo. Still, a table for the stuff you can't just do a static search for would be great.
I'm still kinda new with using cheat engine and just got the game, could you maybe explain how you found the right materiels by doing 4 byte searches?
Sure. If you already know how to so a search, it's simple. Plug in the amount of a resource that you have, like 4 pistol frames for example. Then search. After that, change the number ingame. So either use one or gain one. Now search for the new number you have, either 3 or 5 depending. Keep doing that until you get a single result. Then just change that number to whatever you want. Repeat for each resource. It takes a bit, but its easy enough.

As a side note, there is a trainer now on the usual site that does VR stuff. No materials yet, but health, stamina, ammo and durability is there.
Is there a way for you to make a video showing the process of adding materials as I am trying it yet I can't get it to work and a video would help a lot? Thanks in advance!

NumberXer0
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by NumberXer0 »

Discounto3435 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:39 am
NumberXer0 wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:06 pm
SparklyCola wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:50 pm

I'm still kinda new with using cheat engine and just got the game, could you maybe explain how you found the right materiels by doing 4 byte searches?
Sure. If you already know how to so a search, it's simple. Plug in the amount of a resource that you have, like 4 pistol frames for example. Then search. After that, change the number ingame. So either use one or gain one. Now search for the new number you have, either 3 or 5 depending. Keep doing that until you get a single result. Then just change that number to whatever you want. Repeat for each resource. It takes a bit, but its easy enough.

As a side note, there is a trainer now on the usual site that does VR stuff. No materials yet, but health, stamina, ammo and durability is there.
Is there a way for you to make a video showing the process of adding materials as I am trying it yet I can't get it to work and a video would help a lot? Thanks in advance!
I can't make a video right now at work, but I can try and explain it a bit better I guess. I'm going to assume you at least know how to attach CE to the game and do a scan.

Before starting, you must have at least 1 of a material already on your board and MULTIPLE of the item you want to increase in your BAG. So if you want Fiber, you need to have at least 1 fiber listed on the materials board and multiple items that give fiber in your bag. Try to have at least 2 or 3. The more, the better.

1. In game , note down how many of the material you have. Then go to CE and input that into the search box and press "First Scan".

2. Go back to the game and change that number. Either use some or gain some so the amount you have is different from step 1. Recycle an item for example.

3. In CE, input the new number into the search and press "Next Scan". Not first, next. Make sure not to press first.

4. Now just press "Next Scan" a whole bunch of times without changing the number. This will help narrow it down . Keep pressing next scan until the number of results either stops going down or barely does.

5. Go to the game and change the number a second time. Gain or use some of the material. Note the new amount you have.

6. Back in CE, repeat the process again. Put the new number in the box, press next scan over and over until it stops or slows.

7. Once you have narrowed it down to one result, highlight the address and press the red arrow to bring it down to the bottom of the CE screen to be edited. Then just right click and select change value. Set it to whatever you want.

8. Finally, open up your backpack in game. Take an item out and then put it right back in. Just grab and release. The act of storing an item should instantly update your material total on the board.

9. Repeat for all of your materials.

Note: If you do come down to multiple results and can no longer narrow it down, change them one at a time. If one address doesn't work, change it back to the original number and try the next. Don't just change them all, it could have unwanted side effects.

This is a dirty way to do it. If you know how to browse the memory or about addresses then you can do it much faster and without so many scans. But if you don't know what you are doing then this is the easiest way. It takes time, but it works.

Akarashi
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Akarashi »

I managed to do some materials my self, i basically know nothing about using CE decently. It's all good that i can edit the materials but mann, i have to redo the scans every launch because something changes :(

I can't figure out what i'm supposed to do to make these save, there's so many tutorials and stuff that i have no clue what is the thing i need lol

Randy Butternubs
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Randy Butternubs »

Can i request infinite time during the day? You know, before the bell rings and the walkers get all angry.

Impala
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Impala »

Going to be working on this game

updates at:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11482