Anno 1800 Pointers

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
mrhx
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Anno 1800 Pointers

Post by mrhx »

Hey there,

i am not sure if this is the right place for my question, but i'll give it a try.
I want to read the population of an active Anno 1800 game in an external tool. To do this i tried to find the pointers to the value of the population in Anno with CheatEngine.

I was successful in finding the dynamic addresses. But when scanning for the pointers after a restart of the game, i always result in 0 pointers.

I would appreciate, if there is someone who could help me finding those pointers. I can provide the game for example via screenshare.
I am also thankful for any other help.

Thanks!

TimFun13
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Anno 1800 Pointers

Post by TimFun13 »

You'll need to increase the structure size and max level when scanning. That or look into code injection and just hook the address some where.
[Link]
[Link]

mrhx
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by mrhx »

ShyTwig16 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 12:59 pm
You'll need to increase the structure size and max level when scanning. That or look into code injection and just hook the address some where.
[Link]
[Link]
Thanks for your tip. By increasing the scan level i found most of the pointers i searched for. Now there are just some pointers left which i can only find in THREADSTACK0 instead of the game .exe..I will keep on searching

Eric
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post by Eric »

mrhx wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 10:56 pm
ShyTwig16 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 12:59 pm
[Link]
[Link]
Thanks for your tip. By increasing the scan level i found most of the pointers i searched for. Now there are just some pointers left which i can only find in THREADSTACK0 instead of the game .exe..I will keep on searching
There's nothing wrong with threadstack0

Code: Select all

int rungame()
{
  CMyGame *game=new CMyGame()
  game->run();  
}
will never have anything else besides a threadstack variable