Another DBK problem

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
ZoanChrome
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Another DBK problem

Post by ZoanChrome »

Here's the story:
In Bro's PC, I have CE 6.8.1 and 6.8.2, both can't enable Open Process and there is popup saying dbk32 is unsigned and disabling secure boot in BIOS doesn't work (oh yes, unloader method and tweaking through cmd & windows policy doesn't work either)
while in my laptop (yes, the potato), 6.8.1 and 6.8.2 can be enabled and work nicely
Bro's PC and my laptop use the same OS, Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

now here's the thing:
Bro's PC support's DBVM (written green in CE about)
However CE 6.6 can enable Open Process (yes, 'DBK64 LOADED' text appears), while CE 6.8.1 and 6.8.2 gives the error
and all CE I downloaded is from cheatengine.org so there's no way I downloaded the unsigned or modded version of CE

Anyone ever got this strange problem??? Please Help

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Re: Another DBK problem

Post by SunBeam »

People in 2019 still believe using CE's driver will give them access to a game's shielded-through-anti-cheat process :) Might I ask which game are you looking to cheat in via this method? As far as I know no single-player game requires DBK, so it must be something online. Yes, am digressing from the issue at hand, I know :) But please humor me.

Eric
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post by Eric »

Just do a physical memory scan, followed by DBVM's find what accesses/writes to that physical address, get the code and then cloakedit, which bypasses all, so yes, the driver can still be used to bypass any clientside anti cheat whatsoever (Of course you don't need the driver after loading DBVM so you can even unload that if you like afterwards, and I recommend you use the cr3 you get from dbvm to reconstruct the virtual memory layout if you like)
Only thing you need to do is hide CE (Try patching the kernel so that API's used to detect CE return negative, patching the kernel can also be done with DBVM cloakedits)

As for the driver not loading, update your windows 7 install with the latest patches. The driver is supposed to work with windows 10 (and patched 7), but if your OS doesn't have the sha256 signing patch it won't recognize the signature
Alternatively since you're on win 7: Hold f8 during boot, and in the menu that appears pick the option to allow unsigned drivers

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

You lost me in some parts; not to mention him when he reads :D :D Easier said than done.

ZoanChrome
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by ZoanChrome »

SunBeam wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:44 am
People in 2019 still believe using CE's driver will give them access to a game's shielded-through-anti-cheat process :) Might I ask which game are you looking to cheat in via this method? As far as I know no single-player game requires DBK, so it must be something online. Yes, am digressing from the issue at hand, I know :) But please humor me.
It's just that sometimes i get the right address when I enable dbk. (yes i'm dumb af)
Wait, single player game requires no DBK? Then what is Open Process and all that extra things used for? (again I'm dumb af)
and no, I didn't use it to play online games, Online games nowadays always detect CE and sometimes there's no need to use CE in online games because something that need cheating is server-side
Last edited by ZoanChrome on Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZoanChrome
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by ZoanChrome »

Eric wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:09 am
Just do a physical memory scan, followed by DBVM's find what accesses/writes to that physical address, get the code and then cloakedit, which bypasses all, so yes, the driver can still be used to bypass any clientside anti cheat whatsoever (Of course you don't need the driver after loading DBVM so you can even unload that if you like afterwards, and I recommend you use the cr3 you get from dbvm to reconstruct the virtual memory layout if you like)
Only thing you need to do is hide CE (Try patching the kernel so that API's used to detect CE return negative, patching the kernel can also be done with DBVM cloakedits)

As for the driver not loading, update your windows 7 install with the latest patches. The driver is supposed to work with windows 10 (and patched 7), but if your OS doesn't have the sha256 signing patch it won't recognize the signature
Alternatively since you're on win 7: Hold f8 during boot, and in the menu that appears pick the option to allow unsigned drivers
Just like Sunbeam says, I don't really get what you're saying
and for win 7 patch, yes I think this may be the problem, bro's PC didn't update anymore since 2012 while my laptop updated to March 2016
and for alternative I'll try it
Thanks for the suggestion

EDIT: Righteous, Win 7 security Update KB3033929 fix the certificate problem, 6.8.2 dbk loaded and open process can be enabled
Btw, holding F8 didn't do anything . It just start up like normal even when i'm holding it down (when the machine logo shows up), maybe i should have press another button
Anyway the problem is fixed
Thanks for your help Eric