Having trouble finding Y value

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
SirBoom
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by SirBoom »

Iv'e watched several tutorials on finding the xyz of my character but iv tried in two games and cant find it what so ever, not sure what i am doing wrong.

i search unknown initial value in float and jump up.. increase, land.. decrease, also tried going up and down stairs increasing and decreasing, iv tried pausing after each movement incase of natural character movement but every time i get down to a few results and they are either clearly not the right ones fluctuating or any that do look that it may possibly be it the values wont change, the game im trying this on is The Forest, also cant find the time in that game neither but il leave that for another time. Im just asking if anyone can give me any tips or help with this, iv watched several vids and been trying for two days but this one eludes me.

Im pretty new-ish to cheatengine so i know basics but not advanced so sorry if i sound noobish

Edit: also tried these in Double too
Last edited by SirBoom on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

koderkrazy
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by koderkrazy »

[QUOTE="SirBoom, post: 49987, member: 18775"]Iv'e watched several tutorials on finding the xyz of my character but iv tried in two games and cant find it what so ever, not sure what i am doing wrong.

also cant find the time in that game neither but il leave that for another time.

Im just asking if anyone can give me any tips or help with this[/QUOTE]

Why are you finding xyz of character? Just curious...

You may try this:

1. After attaching to game process. Go to 'Memory View ' -> 'View' -> 'Enumerate DLL's and Symbols' (Ctrl + Alt +s) -> ctrl + F (right click)

2. This will list methods in game. Enter 'time' or for finding xyz enter 'move', 'position' etc. Get creative or go through whole listing ?

3. Make sure the method is in exe or Dlls associated with the game only.

4. When you find interesting method like setGameTime() or onMove(). Set break point in it and debug to find actual pointer.

5. Now on main window of Cheat engine, do Add Address Manually and enter the pointer value there, along with offset if there is one.

If you want to make table out of it then, do AOB scan and inject code in the method to retrieve pointer.

SirBoom
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by SirBoom »

[QUOTE="koderkrazy, post: 50002, member: 18664"]Why are you finding xyz of character? Just curious...

You may try this:

1. After attaching to game process. Go to 'Memory View ' -> 'View' -> 'Enumerate DLL's and Symbols' (Ctrl + Alt +s) -> ctrl + F (right click)

2. This will list methods in game. Enter 'time' or for finding xyz enter 'move', 'position' etc. Get creative or go through whole listing ?

4. When you find interesting method like setGameTime() or onMove(). Set break point in it and debug to find actual pointer.

5. Now on main window of Cheat engine, do Add Address Manually and enter the pointer value there, along with offset if there is one.

If you want to make table out of it then, do AOB scan and inject code in the method to retrieve pointer.[/QUOTE]

Im looking for them mostly through experimentation just getting used to different values normally when i find certain values i will go across several different games trying to find theirs and see how the different ways or methods they can be done and then experiment with them like from what iv learnt the xyz can be used for teleport, or finding the jump value through dissect to say create a super jump etc so instead of just finding one value in a specific game i try to see if i can consistently find these values in most games and experiment so im used to it better before i start doing a specific cheat for it, just getting used to how it works more, and i know alot of games can do things differently but say when the first thing i done when starting cheat engine would be finding health, i would try finding it across many games and would notice how many games/devs do it differently which give me better ideas and tips when searching in the future.

I dont know if this is a good method or not lol just getting used to things more so thought id try more difficult values than the basic health stamina ammo etc

Thank you so much for your reply i will certainly try this when i get on in a few hours, i have never even heard of this method on the videos i have watched so far! and i will let you know my findings ?

SirBoom
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by SirBoom »

[QUOTE="koderkrazy, post: 50002, member: 18664"]Why are you finding xyz of character? Just curious...

You may try this:

If you want to make table out of it then, do AOB scan and inject code in the method to retrieve pointer.[/QUOTE]

I dont think this method is working for me, iv tried searching via the 'Enumerate DLL's and Symbols' for things such as time, position, move and many different words i could think of, then searched through all the DLL's i could find one by one, Nothing stood out and any that did just yield no results on the debug, i don't know if im doing anything wrong or im just getting unlucky, i tried on another game too and no luck.

on a sidenote i have found xyz and time in a game before but just not consistently no matter how much i try but The Forest in particular im having trouble finding either player co ordinates or the time value

koderkrazy
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by koderkrazy »

You didn't find anything because the game uses [U]Unity Engine(it uses Mono)[/U]. So above method won't work. You need to do Mono dissection.

See below images I've located Player Jump and game Clock for you.

In mono dissection look under Assembly-CSharp for all game classes and methods.

[SPOILER="Dissect mono"][IMG]https://preview.ibb.co/dUBsuo/Forest_Disect_Mono.jpg[/IMG][/SPOILER]

[SPOILER="Character Methods"][IMG]https://image.ibb.co/hjcXuo/Forest_Character.jpg[/IMG][/SPOILER]

[SPOILER="Game Clock"][IMG]https://image.ibb.co/h0qkEo/Forest_Time.jpg[/IMG][/SPOILER]

SirBoom
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by SirBoom »

You are a legend, thank you so much this has solved my issue and taught me alot :) thanks again!