[address]+pointer help

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
Dummyray
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

[address]+pointer help

Post by Dummyray »

I am using the nightly version of Pcsx2 which dynamically changes the addresses that effect gameplay every boot from 7ff000000000 to 7fffffffffff, but if you use a pointer with Base address EEmem, and offset the last 6 digits you have a static pointer that works every time you boot the game. I have a Drop down list that I want to add to a parent pointer but whenever I change the value from 0 the pointer no longer works.

With a static address using ([dropdownlistvalue]+baseaddress) works fine, but then I have to find the base address every time i reopen the game as the base address will have changed. Using a pointer ([dropdownlistvalue]+EEmem) Offset by last 6 digits of base address works only if dropdownlistvalue=0.

How can I edit the pointer to have this work?

imjustmaxie
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: [address]+pointer help

Post by imjustmaxie »

An at least foolproof solution is to create a pointer script.

Find a value, get the address, find out what accesses the address, and look at the register values
If any of the registers store a consistent base address value, you can store it as a pointer in the script.

Paul44
Table Makers
Table Makers

Re: [address]+pointer help

Post by Paul44 »

@Dummyray: if you mean with 'Base address' the base/start of your game_exe - and you do not mind using Lua - then $proces will give you that address. Eg:

{$lua}
local addrBaseExe = process

{$asm}

Notes:
a. save this in a symbol/variable to use in your ASM-code (i tend to take this route)
b. or use $addrBaseExe in your ASM-code (you could also use $process directly though)