Need Help With Adjusting Help Multiple Addresses At Once

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
darien490
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Need Help With Adjusting Help Multiple Addresses At Once

Post by darien490 »

Haven't been able to find an answer for this after Googling for a while, so here we go:

Been working on making a cheat table for my own use. The emulator I'm using has a dynamic base address for the game's memory, so I wrote a small lua script to register the address I need as "base" that I can easily update each time I start it up. Using that, I've been creating addresses in the cheat table as "'base'+offset" for each address. That way, once I update the script, all the addresses update as well. Not sure if there's an easier way to do that, but my knowledge with lua scripting and pointermaps and all that other stuff is quite limited.

I have a group of addresses completed for one character, and would like to just copy the entire group and adjust the offset for the remaining characters. The structure of each character block is the same, just 0x1900 apart. The problem is that when I try to copy/paste the group and adjust the addresses, it doesn't keep the "'base'+offset" structure of the addresses; it simply changes them to a static address. Is there some way around this that I'm missing, or does it require some kind of massive lua or auto assembler script that's beyond me?

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

I've attached my cheat table for reference. The game in question is Evolution for the Dreamcast, running on flycast, if that helps at all.
Attachments
Evolution - flycast.CT
(89.08 KiB) Downloaded 193 times