Resident evil 4 remake - issues with finding player entity / coords

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
nishinthewild
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Resident evil 4 remake - issues with finding player entity / coords

Post by nishinthewild »

I have been learning cheat engine for about a week. i come with 10+ years of programming experience (non gaming) so pointers are well understood.

1. I have been able to find static (persists across restarts) address to my health
1. I have been able to find static (persists across restarts) address to money

Now i am trying to find out my local player information such as my co-ordinates and if i can possibly find a list of entities in the game (me and zombies, enemies etc).

What i have tried?
1. I have been trying to move up and down a staircase with (increased / decreased float value filtering) but not getting anywhere. ive spent about 4 hours doing this but no luck
2. ive browsed the memory region around my health and money to see if theres anything interesting about local player, but nothing

I know there already are cheat tables released here but i am more interested in learning rather than actually using the tables. Any leads on where can I go from here is much appreciated!

thanks!

krustytoe
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Resident evil 4 remake - issues with finding player entity / coords

Post by krustytoe »

I remember using "changed value" only to find it because Leon idle didn't stay still. After having about 2000+ address left I just tested half then half again until it's found. That is how I found Leon coordinate before. This remind me that I need to update my vacuum cheat.