I Cannot Make Any Changes in the Assembly Section

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
tryingtoto
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

I Cannot Make Any Changes in the Assembly Section

Post by tryingtoto »

Hello,

I'm working on an EAC protected game. With bypass, there is no problem reading, writing memory or debugging. But when I try to change the opcode or "replace with code that does nothing", nothing happens.
When I press "Restore with original code", I get the error below.
[Link]

Is there a solution to this?

Have a nice day.

Rhark
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: I Cannot Make Any Changes in the Assembly Section

Post by Rhark »

tryingtoto wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:46 am
Hello,

I'm working on an EAC protected game. With bypass, there is no problem reading, writing memory or debugging. But when I try to change the opcode or "replace with code that does nothing", nothing happens.
When I press "Restore with original code", I get the error below.
[Link]

Is there a solution to this?

Have a nice day.
Could be CRCs automatically restoring the modified code.

Would help to know what cheat engine version you're using.

Paul44
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Paul44 »

^ @tryingtoto: instead of nopping out that code, go to that address in the lower (hex) window, and choose 'Data breakpoint ~ find out what accesses...' (and if you nop it, 'what writes...')

It is also possible that this opcode is (constantly) reloaded: in that case - if you have the aob - do a new AOB scan to see if CE returns a result ?! If it does, it is quite possible that EAX is doing this... (~ i personally can't be bothered with "protected" games unless there is a good "unprotect" around...)

tryingtoto
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by tryingtoto »

Rhark wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:55 am
Could be CRCs automatically restoring the modified code.

Would help to know what cheat engine version you're using.
Hey, my engine version is 7.5. Isn't there a way to bypass CRCs?

Paul44 wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:23 am
^ @tryingtoto: instead of nopping out that code, go to that address in the lower (hex) window, and choose 'Data breakpoint ~ find out what accesses...' (and if you nop it, 'what writes...')

It is also possible that this opcode is (constantly) reloaded: in that case - if you have the aob - do a new AOB scan to see if CE returns a result ?! If it does, it is quite possible that EAX is doing this... (~ i personally can't be bothered with "protected" games unless there is a good "unprotect" around...)
I'll get back to you after trying what you first mentioned. Coming to your second point, is there a valid "unprotect" method in EAC games in public, or is this something that advanced programmers can only do?

tryingtoto
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by tryingtoto »

Paul44 wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:23 am

First of all, I went to the hex code of the line above in the window below and put a breakpoint. Nothing happened (Both of write and access breakpoints)
Then, while I was tinkering a bit, I put a breakpoint at the same point in the list above, but no break occurred. I think the breakpoint I put at the hex point below also included the top.
Afterwards, while the breakpoint in the lower window was active, I placed a breakpoint one line above the selected line in the upper window. Interestingly, this breakpoint did not work either and no interruption occurred.

So to summarize, when I put a breakpoint in the window below, none of the breakpoints in the window above worked.

[Link]

Maybe I misunderstood what you said...

-

In addition, the auto assembly code I wrote does not work either. I get the error "Not all instructions could be injected...".

oyyzj
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by oyyzj »

@tryingtoto
Sorry to butt in. After I read your posts and still can't understand what you are trying to do, so here are few questions:

1. how did you get to the opcode ?
2. what are you trying to do with the opcode ?
3. what do you expect to happen if you mess with the opcode (modify/NOP) ?
4. is the opcode the "correct" opcode you want to mess with ?

I see that Rhark and Paul44 are trying to help you but your whole context isn't clear. Because if you mess with a "wrong" opcode that effectively does nothing to begin with, then don't expect that something will happen. right?

And since you mess with an online game which called "Rise online" have you thought of the term "server side" ??

even if you use a bypass to AAC you can't bypass "server side", because everything you are trying is "client side".

BR