Need help searching for game values

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
deceitxx
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Need help searching for game values

Post by deceitxx »

I'm trying to create a table for APICO. Most values in the game, i.e. item count and item durability of selected item, and currency, are stored as Double data type. However, when looking for volume of liquid in a container (represented in game as e.g. 120/800) I'm unable to get anything. I've tried searching all data types, doesn't seem to work.

I've only ever made simple scripts and tables for other games like Mini Motorways, so I'm still pretty new to all this. Thanks for helping!

ValenH
Cheater
Cheater

Re: Need help searching for game values

Post by ValenH »

You can search for the string "120/800" and see which function writes/copies it, this function (or its parents) composes the value 120 and the value 800 is probably a fixed property of an object/struct. This technique is hard. If you searched for 120 (or between 118 and 122) with the "all datatypes" option, changed the value, and searched for the new value (exact or increased/decreased by) but you didn't find what you seek then it probably uses a weird format that you have to look out for while in the debugger (maybe the xmm registers).

I searched the game and it's made with GameMaker Studio, search for "GameMaker Studio Cheat Engine" in google and find a tutorial.