[Crash] Cheat Engine Crashes w/ Icarus

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
Lou Ciphor
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

[Crash] Cheat Engine Crashes w/ Icarus

Post by Lou Ciphor »

TLDR: CE crashes silently on Windows 10 when connected to Icarus after approximately 3-5 minutes, even when not in use.

My apologies in advance if this is already answered. I've spent a couple hours looking, but haven't found anything definitive or that worked, and just when I think I've found a lead, the posts fizzle out, Un-responded to by the OP.

It's been a "few" years (*cough*decades*cough*) since I've done any serious gaming & hacking, so I'm re-teaching myself all the latest and greatest techniques. In walks Cheat Engine! :wub: (Where have you been all my life!?!!)

The problem I'm having is:
CE crashes within 3-5 mins while connected to Icarus, even when idle, before I can do anything. At best, I manage 2-3 scans before it abruptly closes without allowing modifications. No error messages appear; Icarus runs unaffected. It happens whether I'm in the game, or even just at the character select screen. As soon as I attach to the process, it crashes within a couple minutes.
Running Win10 Pro (x64).
The tutorial functions normally; the issue arises when I connect CE to Icarus. No other games tested yet; only focused on this one.

BabyGroot
Table Makers
Table Makers

Re: [Crash] Cheat Engine Crashes w/ Icarus

Post by BabyGroot »

One way to find out is to try the CE test in another game, whether it still crashes or not. if it doesn't crash it's a sign that maybe the game (icarus) has an anti-cheat to read open applications like a cheat engine.

And is the icarus game you mean this one?
Made by Akira : viewtopic.php?p=208347#p208347

relentlesstech
Cheater
Cheater

Post by relentlesstech »

I've had no issues with Icarus and Cheat Engine, except for when I change things I shouldn't (But I am using a custom-compiled 'undetectable' CE)

Rhark
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Rhark »

I've never had an issue with CE and Icarus so could be something on your end.

Eric
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post by Eric »

Which windows version and try different versions of dbghelp

ShadeKoar
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by ShadeKoar »

I'm having this issue as well but it does so even during tutorial and when not connected to a game. It works, I can use it for BG3 and the changes all apply and remain after CE crashes but it's a bit annoying having to keep opening every time I want to adjust something. I have it whitelisted in my AntiVirus so it shouldn't be that. This is a recent thing too so could it have been a Windows update? I'm able to use CE fine but yeah, just a very annoying issue.