Need help finding real value

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
Gyan1010
Noobzor
Noobzor

Need help finding real value

Post by Gyan1010 »

In the game MergeCrafter on steam I a have been able to hack many things, for example.

Tool health is a normal double and goes down 1.0 per hit. Max health when repaired can be found in the info for that tool.
Event progress, as well as points to unlock land from event blocks is 4b.
Other simple things are mostly all 4b as well.

My problem is although I had hacked my energy, gold, gems, etc, before, they made a recent change where even though I can find the value, I cannot change them. The same is for the items sold in the shop where I used to be able to find their quantity as a 4b and lock it to buy unlimited number of whatever resource they sold, but not anymore.

I don't think they have made these values server sided but I suppose it is possible, if not though how would I go about bypassing whatever trick they are using to lock those values from changes?

BabyGroot
Table Makers
Table Makers

Re: Need help finding real value

Post by BabyGroot »

Gyan1010 wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:18 pm
I just tried it, and like Xp / Energy / Coins / Runic,
Not stored on the server side.
So you can still hack Xp / Energy / Coins / Runic.

Gyan1010
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Gyan1010 »

Thanks for trying, not sure why it isn't working for me.

I find the value of coins as 4b easy enough, change it, then sell something for some coins and it just adds on to the old value as if i never changed it.

Version in settings is 1.14.5

BabyGroot
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by BabyGroot »

Gyan1010 wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:42 pm
Obviously doesn't change, because the value you use is "Prev Count" not the original value "Count".
So don't be a benchmark for number 4b as you said.
My Coin & Runic
And last night it looks like the game patched, the current game is
Version: 1.14.6
Build ID: 11016453

Gyan1010
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Gyan1010 »

I still do not understand.

As you can see by my resources I've hacked it previously, but it does not work the same as it did before. When I find the value. I change it but then it goes back after I buy or sell something.

gir489
RCE Fanatics
RCE Fanatics

Post by gir489 »

Did you try looking as a float instead?

Gyan1010
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Gyan1010 »

Yes, it is not a float. I've recently discovered it is something to do with a near by variable I'm still testing to figure out.

In memory view when I find the 4b coins address I can see 2 other variables near by are changed when i gain or lose coins. The coins address+10 is a larger number that actually controls the value, and coins +20 is a value that seems to hold the old value of coins after each change. If I lock the coins+10 I can spend whatever and not lose any but I need to figure out its formula to set an exact value.

Out of curiosity I've started trying to figure out the formula and have made some progress but it is not perfect yet as it is very complex but I can figure out exact real values in certain ranges of displayed values. I won't go into it here since it seems I'm the only one with this issue and I'm not sure why. But if anyone is interested let me know.

Gyan1010
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Gyan1010 »

Okay well if anyone does have a similar problem as me on some of the values, where integers such as coins, energy, shop item count, etc have an address you can find but editing the value doesn't change it, that is because the game uses an encrypted value as the real one. I now have a complete formula for the value you need but it's kind of long so make a spreadsheet.

Put the value you want to set something to in B1 and in another cell enter the following formula.

Code: Select all

=444442 + B1 - Int(B1/2)*4 + Int(B1/4)*8 - Int(B1/8)*16 + Int(B1/32)*64 + Int(B1/2^11)*(2^12-2^13) + Int(B1/2^12)*2^13 - Int(B1/2^14)*2^15 + Int(B1/2^16)*2^17 - Int(B1/2^17)*2^18 + Int(B1/2^19)*(2^20)
1. Find the address of a 4b integer for the value in-game as normal.
2. Copy/paste the address and put 10 in the "Adjust address by:" field.
3. Set this new address to the value from the spreadsheet.
4. Update the value in-game in some way to refresh the display to the new value.

BabyGroot
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by BabyGroot »

Actually I am confused with the formula you wrote above.
this is the table i made on 17/04-2023 (game v1.14.6)
And i just tried to enter the game with the latest update (v1.15.1) and the table still works fine.
So maybe this table can be a reference for you.

My Table : Here

Gyan1010
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Gyan1010 »

Thanks for the table as it does indeed work.

I'm not sure why I have the issue editing manually though. Here is a screenshot where I found the only 4b int that matched the coins using basic search and change method, and no other value type has a match. I'm showing the memory view here. Changing the value at the found address does nothing as it just changes back, but the one under it actually controls the value. The formula I posted will give you that number though if you input the value you want.

This is the same for several other values as well, but then on some like the level of the event trinkets, or the timer for maps, or health of tools, the values are direct and I can just change what I find in the search.