Nothing works!

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
N3rd_House
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Nothing works!

Post by N3rd_House »

I've had this issue for a few years now, not sure why I keep trying but I figure it's worth asking.

Cheat Engine is up to date at version 7.4.
Whenever I load up a table, nothing works. I can click a script or checkbox and nothing happens and the box doesn't check. I'm running CE in Admin Mode as well.

If I do a search thing to manually adjust values myself, that works, but pre-made tables do not.

What can I do to fix this?

bruticus0
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Nothing works!

Post by bruticus0 »

No worries. When you open up cheat engine....in the upper left hand side of window there will be a square. You will probably see a red flashing outline around it. You need to click that and select the process you want to mess with. So have your game running, alt tab out, open up cheat engine, and click that button to select the game process. After that you can use the next button over to open up the cheat table.

If you're sure you've captured the process and the table still doesn't work, you can right click the title of the script.....a status windows should pop up and you'll see, usually, an Aob error at the top of that window. Tables have to match the patch of the game. A table made for version 1.0 of a game will not work on an updated 1.20 version of a game.

If you've recently bought Dark Souls 2 for example, and you try to use the very first table under Dark Souls 2 in the forum, it will probably not work. Because the game you have is a different version from the version the OP played. So you have to go through the forum posts and find the latest one and hope that it was made with the same version you have. Good luck.