Can't seem to install CE anymore

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
TheRedFear
Cheater
Cheater

Can't seem to install CE anymore

Post by TheRedFear »

So my last PC died and I got a new one yesterday.

It came preinstalled with something called Panda Dome which I think is the antivirus software.

Every time I DL cheat engine I get a popup from Panda that it has removed the malware.

I tried to adjust some of the permissions in the program and I THOUGHT i succeeded. It allowed me to try and launch CE but then it get a "Parameter is incorrect" error and CE gets auto removed again. I can't seem to find any option to stop Panda Dome from doing this. I'd prefer not to uninstall it completely and then be left with no antivirus. Isn't there some way around this? I tried googling Cheat Engine and the specific errors but the results I am getting at like, nearly a decade old from the old Cheat Engine forums.

LeFiXER
LeFixer
LeFixer

Re: Can't seem to install CE anymore

Post by LeFiXER »

You could make exclusions for both, the setup file, and the Cheat Engine installation directory, if you haven't already. If you have then I can't really give any more advice on the matter.

Eric
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post by Eric »

This decade old solution still works: uninstall that anti virus and restart windows to make sure it's really gone

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

TheRedFear wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:52 pm
As far as I'm aware, AV software allows you to SUSPEND the process (or DISABLE it for a timed period, till reboot, for example). If you don't know or understand how to use that Panda thing, the go with Eric's recommendation and uninstall it. I honestly wouldn't have liked it if my OS came preinstalled with crap I didn't want in the first place. That's others thinking proactively for you, that you may need some AV and they just wanted to "help" you.