help with updating aob scan table

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
LocoMofo
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

help with updating aob scan table

Post by LocoMofo »

Hello,
I made a table for idle champions with the aob scan method but the game had an update recently and they dont work anymore. I could just search for the values again and make and updated list but I wanted to ask if there is a faster way of updating a table or other ways.

zachillios
Table Makers
Table Makers

Re: help with updating aob scan table

Post by zachillios »

LocoMofo wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:36 pm
Hello,
I made a table for idle champions with the aob scan method but the game had an update recently and they dont work anymore. I could just search for the values again and make and updated list but I wanted to ask if there is a faster way of updating a table or other ways.
So what I would recommend is if the game you're working on frequently updates, using wildcards in the AOB would save you a lot of time. Essentially, find the instructions again, and compare their new AOB to the broken one. There should only be a couple of differences in the aob, and you'll just change all of those different ones to astericks. So for example:

Old: 01 02 03 04 05 06
New:01 03 02 04 06 05
Fix: 01 ** ** 04 ** **

This essentially tells cheat engine to look for any value that has the static aob values and then essentially ignores the changed one. Obviously your AOB will be longer, but that will make it so you have to update it less. Just bare in mind you will still at times have to tweak it as no game is made the same.

LocoMofo
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Re: help with updating aob scan table

Post by LocoMofo »

zachillios wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:13 pm
LocoMofo wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:36 pm
Hello,
So what I would recommend is if the game you're working on frequently updates, using wildcards in the AOB would save you a lot of time. Essentially, find the instructions again, and compare their new AOB to the broken one. There should only be a couple of differences in the aob, and you'll just change all of those different ones to astericks. So for example:

Old: 01 02 03 04 05 06
New:01 03 02 04 06 05
Fix: 01 ** ** 04 ** **

This essentially tells cheat engine to look for any value that has the static aob values and then essentially ignores the changed one. Obviously your AOB will be longer, but that will make it so you have to update it less. Just bare in mind you will still at times have to tweak it as no game is made the same.
thank you