A way to self update a pointer?

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
KOKONEL
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

A way to self update a pointer?

Post by KOKONEL »

If I have the final address after finding it with an aob scan, can I find the selected number if I also know the offsets of the pointer?
Or somehow find that selected number.

[Link]

LeFiXER
LeFixer
LeFixer

Re: A way to self update a pointer?

Post by LeFiXER »

The pointer will always point to the correct value providing you have both: the correct pointer and the correct offset(s).

KOKONEL
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by KOKONEL »

After an update it will change

VampTY
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by VampTY »

KOKONEL wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:19 pm
If I have the final address after finding it with an aob scan, can I find the selected number if I also know the offsets of the pointer?
Or somehow find that selected number.
Hi,

Final address does not mean the real address, pointers are dynamic addresses, in some machines would work, on others won't work at all, pointers are unreliable, if those are just pointers, not static addresses (will never change).Adding a pointer to a script with it's offset(s), with code injection or through aob will do the trick.If the game will suffer any update you need to only change some bits in the address, from the script, since offsets won't change (rarely that happens).

Let's say in some script, the address for something you want is "aobscanmodule(detection,game.exe,F3 0F 11 4E 0C 0F 82)" and after the update the new address is "aobscanmodule(detection,game.exe,D5 05 11 4E 0C 0F 82)", meaning "F3 0F 11 4E 0C 0F 82" changed into "D5 05 11 4E 0C 0F 82".You can modify it into "?? 0? 11 4E 0C 0F 82".See, those 3 changed, or make them as "** 0* 11 4E 0C 0F 82".
Or, if you want the real deal, depending on what the game's engine, dump the files, extract the real address of that value you desire, add it into your script.That won't change even if the game has one or more updates, the value is in hex, it's a direct read.

Or learn to do it like this:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=18929&p=235858#p235858

There's multiple ways, your pointer could work for you, for me it might not function at all.A script, if is done right, will work in all machines.A static address will always work, no matter what, in all machines.Or learn to do a break and trace!

I'm, not great in explaining, there's multiple tutorials on YT, i hope you'll find your answer soon.
Take care! ;)