Find out what accesses this address

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
S1N74X
Cheater
Cheater

Find out what accesses this address

Post by S1N74X »

I have a question/suggestion related to "find out what accesses this address"

When using this Function, ill get every Opcode who reads or writes to my specified address and its count.(as far as i understood it)
Would it be possible (in later CE Versions maybe) to let the user exclude or freeze some Opcodes from the Opcode List ?

This would be very usefull if you have Opcodes that read/write all the Time as long the debugger is attached ending up with 1000+ entries.
What do you think about this ? :)

LeFiXER
LeFixer
LeFixer

Re: Find out what accesses this address

Post by LeFiXER »

I wouldn't want you to think you're ignored. I don't think you can because I believe it would mean that you have to set a breakpoint and trigger said breakpoint every second or so for the registers to update. Although, I may be wrong that it is in fact possible and I just don't know how to do it.

predprey
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by predprey »

I believe "Find out what accesses this address" already uses breakpoints by itself, 1 breakpoint per DWORD.

So excluding opcodes would only be in its presentation in the output lists, any performance hit due to the breakpoint triggering and resuming will still be happening.

IIRC you could probably pause the process and right-click delete opcodes you don't want from the output list and not have them re-added back while the process is paused.

S1N74X
Cheater
Cheater

Post by S1N74X »

Thanks for you replies.

Unfortunately there is no "right-click delete opcode" in this Listview.

https://imgur.com/a/PBWAmnn

++METHOS
Administration
Administration

Post by ++METHOS »

This window will not usually populate a list that is too large to manage. 99% of the time, there will be fewer than 20 entries that show up. That being said, you can highlight all of the entries that you want and add them to your code list. There, you can manage them as you like.

S1N74X
Cheater
Cheater

Post by S1N74X »

++METHOS wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:36 pm
This window will not usually populate a list that is too large to manage. 99% of the time, there will be fewer than 20 entries that show up. That being said, you can highlight all of the entries that you want and add them to your code list. There, you can manage them as you like.
Thanks for your replie.

I guess there is some kind of missunderstanding here.
My situation is as follows :
I have found out a Value that is used as a divider for the timer in a game. Its used to "cloak" the real Values for Countdowns, Cooldowns and so on.
Something like 1sec = 60 : 10000000
Now i cant just change the divider because it has impact on the whole game. If i fire a weapon, it will pop up in the Entrielist of the Method "Find out what accesses this Address". The Problem is, there are a lot of Entries and the list bloats up while the game runs.
See :

Now my suggestion/idea/question was to get rid of the Entries in the List who are not of interest.
So i think it would be great, if it is possible, to "just" delete or exclude such Entries from the List,dont update them or set the Count to 0.

++METHOS
Administration
Administration

Post by ++METHOS »

Hello, again.

You are basically wanting to be able to remove or filter items from the list above, right?
If so, then my answer is the same, unfortunately. You can try to put in the request with DB, but I would be surprised if he would consider it.

But to reiterate, if you highlight the opcodes that are interesting to you, you can add them to the code list, where you can manage them there.

Hope that helps.

S1N74X
Cheater
Cheater

Post by S1N74X »

Hello,
++METHOS wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:31 pm
You are basically wanting to be able to remove or filter items from the list above, right?
yes thats exactly what i wanted.
++METHOS wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:31 pm
But to reiterate, if you highlight the opcodes that are interesting to you, you can add them to the code list, where you can manage them there.
Ok ill try this approach

Thank you for your answers.

predprey
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by predprey »

Try saving the entire list and loading them in Ultimap or Code Filter.

S1N74X
Cheater
Cheater

Post by S1N74X »

predprey wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:19 am
Try saving the entire list and loading them in Ultimap or Code Filter.
Thanx for your reply.
Ill try that :)

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

I usually do what was suggested: find all pieces of executable code accessing (read or write) my address, then save them to Notepad++ and test each of them individually. This approach works for scenarios where you're looking for a single function accessing just your player's health, for example. From that one function you can then back-trace and see what's the condition the game uses to run that function only for you. This way you avoid doing structure compares to see which offset you can use as a filter.

Another way, if that's what you're planning, is to use exception breakpoints over a considerable size of memory in your player's structure. Once you get a big list of executable code using offsets from your structure while idle, you can then inspect them. That's how I usually find bools/dwords or structure relationships by pointers/offsets and people ask me "how did you know offset 2E0 is an infinite ammo flag?". That's how :)