What is the value of GNames, Gworld etc in UE4? Why do people look for it?

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
lewk07
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

What is the value of GNames, Gworld etc in UE4? Why do people look for it?

Post by lewk07 »

Lots of Unreal hacking starts with gworld and fnames etc. Why do we need this stuff?

There's folks out here doing most of the work for us, and I still don't understand what I'm looking at
[Link]

Ok, so this has these offsets. But Gobjects is like an array of names? Why is this useful to me? These are the first things people look for too in all these threads where folks are dumping offsets.

I want to use cheat engine to find this:
[Link]

I've been trying to find this for weeks on and off. I can go get ida etc, but I think this game is encrypted, yeah? I would pay someone like @sunbeam or the like to help me, specifically for this game, to direct me while I drive during a screen share. This isnt can I please haz cheats and offsets, this is I work a job in technology already, and I just don't want to use my vacation time trudging through internet tutorials that are mildly related to build and maintain a skill set I'm rarely going to use. Hundred dollars, plus hundred an hour rounded up to the nearest hour. That's 195k+ a year before taxes. Which has to be close to some of these folks base salary I'd imagine. What will it cost me? Someone established put a number on it. I want to learn on a game I'm interested on. I don't want to follow tutorials for stuff I don't care about.

Either that, or can someone just give me the damn offset/do I already have the info I need given the dump site?

happyTugs
Table Makers
Table Makers

Re: What is the value of GNames, Gworld etc in UE4? Why do people look for it?

Post by happyTugs »

lewk07 wrote:Lots of Unreal hacking starts with gworld and fnames etc. Why do we need this stuff?
lewk07 wrote:But Gobjects is like an array of names? Why is this useful to me?
GObjects is not an array of names; it's an array of UObjects. I think what you are talking about is GNames.

Simply speaking, all UObjects have a property called FName, which is indexed to GNames.
By iterating over GObjects, you can effectively dump all UObjects in the game, with its respective name and outer by referencing GNames.

Obviously, being able to differentiate an apple from an orange is quite useful; such is the case here when you want to analyze the game's engine (i.e. UE3, UE4,Unity, etc.) and find all sorts of neat things, but I digress.
lewk07 wrote:Either that, or can someone just give me the damn offset/do I already have the info I need given the dump site?
This may sound rude, but I assume that you do know what to do with that information, right?

Some of those offsets are probably file offsets, where you have to add to the game's module address itself.
I assume that the result would be an address that points to either GNames, GObjects, or GWorld in your case.

I kindly suggest that you browse through the forum, or someplace else to learn these things (e.g. forums, github lol, etc.).

I know that your time is precious to you, but it wouldn't hurt to look around.

yours truly,
happyTugs